Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Portugal 1-1 England (2-2 A.E.T) PORTUGAL WIN 6-5 ON PENS (EURO 04) 1/4F

Quote Originally Posted by SOMAN
    When the ref goes for a ball its a violation to even slighty unbalance him. Thats the rules for the euro 2004, league rules might be different.
    I think you mean the goalkeeper.

None the less watch the clip again and youll see its the goalkeeper who makes contact.

Terry makes contact with campbell then goalie then dives into Terry.

nice link: http://ban-ref.hardrockin.net/index.php

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Portugal 1-1 England (2-2 A.E.T) PORTUGAL WIN 6-5 ON PENS (EURO 04) 1/4F

Remember this ?

Saturday, 13 September, 2003, 12:30 GMT 13:30 UK

Added time spells trouble for ref

Meier may pay a penalty for his display

Swiss referee Urs Meier has fallen foul of football-crazy Romanian witches after incurring their wrath.

The witches have cursed Meier to turn him lame and make him lose his whistling power after their team's Euro 2004 hopes were dashed against Denmark.

Romania, who needed a win in Copenhagen to ensure at least a play-off place for the finals, conceded a goal in the fifth minute of injury time Meier added on.

"Seven witches of the city of Craiova cursed Meier to lose his capacity to whistle, to be lame in his legs and feel pain in his soul," Romanian media have reported.

Newspapers quoted the witches as warning: "Romania will never feel pain and injustice from referees again after they see what has happened to Urs Meier."

The late goal for a 2-2 result means Romania need Luxembourg to get a good result against Norway and Bosnia to fail against Denmark in final matches next month if they are to qualify. The Romanian media have slammed Meier for giving Denmark a dubious penalty in the first half and also for extending injury time for no apparent reason. Newspapers published his e-mail address and reported that he had complained at receiving some 14,000 messages from aggrieved Romanians.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funn...me/3106088.stm

Thanks
    Karma Level

bloody 'ell, I almost (almost ) feel sorry for this guy - he's now got 60million+ people gunning for his blood...

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2

Meier may pay a penalty for his display

Swiss referee Urs Meier has fallen foul of football-crazy Romanian witches after incurring their wrath.

Is there any witches in Engurland

Newspapers published his e-mail address and reported that he had complained at receiving some 14,000 messages from aggrieved Romanians.....

Thats fook all he's now getting bombared with about a million messages from DF

I wonder what the chances of him ever thinking of ever wanting to referee
    a premiership game

Thanks
    Karma Level

"The witches have cursed Meier to turn him lame and make him lose his whistling power" :nowords:

That can't be fcuking right! :grr:
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Snotty
    "The witches have cursed Meier to turn him lame and make him lose his whistling power" :nowords:

That can't be fcuking right! :grr:
    will probably only come into effect when France play.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wasnt the English Fans who did that, im sure of it

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just glad it’s all over, coming from a Scottish point of view the English commentators need to open there eyes they always think they are going to win every tournament I can’t stand all the hype.

They do my tits in.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by fastlegs_
    Just glad it’s all over, coming from a Scottish point of view the English commentators need to open there eyes they always think they are going to win every tournament I can’t stand all the hype.

They do my tits in.
    given a decent ref we would have won.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by fastlegs_

They do my tits in.
    Coming from an scottish point of view!!! Alan Hanson himself said we were robbed of that game & WTF do you expect commentators to say for 90mins.. we going to lose tonite boys, just watch!!

Dont be an arse m8.. then again you are scottish! :annoyed:

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by daz73
    Dont be an arse m8.. then again you are scottish! :annoyed:

The linesman saw no problem with the goal, he started to run back to the halfway line! Swiss t0sser.

Life goes on though. Come on Denmark or Sweeden.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Alan Hansen is a ****ing outcast he was using "we" meaning "england" in his punditry.

Fair result in the game though
    NtB
    We'll be coming...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Referee **** Was He, Off Pissed I Am, Won We Have Should................

Thanks
    Karma Level

ROBBED, how possibly can a swiss ref, who we bloody played in the group ref England!
    ;)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

UEFA are a bunch of Krunts........... THATS WHY!!

and the Swiss ... what fvcking good have they ever done......

p.s. I am a half indian / half english mongrel so I am not racist.... I just hate Muslims and swiss people.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Last night was disgraceful. I still want to know how Portugal got a free kick for Rooney getting his foot trodden on, a free kick against vassell cos someone jumped over him - and then that goal. The refereeing throughout was disgustingly one sided.

Absolutely shite, and i really hope UEFA do something about it

Was watching the game with Gunner, and as soon as he realised it was the Swis ref, he said we'd have problems, and feck me was he right

And what was with that penalty spot - yes i know it was the same for both teams, but the is the European championships - the pitch should never have been in that state

Losing Rooney was a big blow for us. We did defend well (Cole and Campbell were solid) and we deserved the win.

Gutted
    I am a loud man with a very large hat. This means I am in charge

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Completely agree big man although I would just like to add that Ericsson's substitutions made no sense at all. Taking off Scholes and bringing on Phil Neville with so much time remaining in the game was a joke. Scolari made some brave attacking substitutions which worked, i.e. replacing Figo with Postiga. Did we learn nothing from the France game, sitting on a 1-0 lead for most of the game makes no sense..... did Ericsson not learn from watching Italy and Spain .......

Anyway..... BOLLOX Im sick of going out like this........ time to concentrate on the Cricket!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by big man
    Last night was disgraceful. I still want to know how Portugal got a free kick for Rooney getting his foot trodden on, a free kick against vassell cos someone jumped over him - and then that goal. The refereeing throughout was disgustingly one sided.

Absolutely shite, and i really hope UEFA do something about it
    yep just look at the image in the Sun today it says all.

How the hell can the ref give a free kick against Rooney and also have sharp words with him for this ?:nono

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004291378,00.html

Thanks
    Karma Level

The 18-year-old hero left the pitch in tears after he was injured in an early tussle during last night’s dramatic quarter-final defeat by Portugal.

And England never recovered from the loss of the Everton teenager, who had proved the undoubted star of Euro 2004.

Distraught Wayne received news of the penalties defeat while in hospital having an X-ray on his foot.

Agony ... Wayne Rooney's ankle is
    trodden on by defender Andrade

He was said to be “deeply upset” at missing out on the chance to spearhead England’s campaign in the later rounds.

Rooney hobbled off in the 27th minute after Portuguese defender Jorge Andrade had stamped on him, tearing off his right boot.

The tough Scouser tried to play on but found he could barely walk.

Touchline treatment failed to repair the damage and Rooney wept tears of pain as he trudged off to be replaced by Darius Vassell.

It later emerged he had the same metatarsal injury suffered by David Beckham before the 2002 World Cup.

Yes ... Beckham and teammates
    mob Owen after he scores opener

Earlier, strike partner Michael Owen had thrilled fans by firing England ahead in just three minutes.

His fiancee Louise Bonsall, 23, wept with joy in the stands as her bloke smashed the ball into the net.

But the night turned sour after Rooney was substituted — and our stars eventually succumbed to another night of penalty misery.

Gutted fans streaming out of Lisbon’s Stadium of Light told how they feared the worst after Rooney’s KO.

Coming home ... party's over for Rooney's dad
    and brothers, top, and Jude Law, centre front

Sales assistant Owen Burton, 23, from Carlisle, said: “I had a bad feeling about the game when Wayne Rooney was taken off injured.

“I thought, ‘He’s our star player, we’ll do well to come back from this’. Now I feel sick. I can’t even face a beer I’m so disappointed.”

Jobless Bill Rodderick, 30, of Exeter, said: “I felt we threw it away. Had Rooney been on the pitch at penalty time, I reckon we’d have won.”

Regulars at the Old Stanley Arms in Old Swan, Liverpool, run by Rooney’s uncle John Morrey, were horrified to see their hero injured.

She's off ... Colleen slips away to check on hurt Wayne

John, 52, said: “It was agony to watch Wayne hobbling around. He looked in real pain.

“England fought like lions all night but in the end our luck was out. If Wayne had not gone off maybe it would have given England the edge to win in normal time.

“We’ll never know, but you have to wonder whether his injury was the deciding factor overall.”

Rooney was watched from the stands by brothers Graham, 15, and John, 12, dad Wayne Snr, 40, mum Jeanette, 37, grandad Bill Morrey, 74, and uncle Robbie Morrey.

Overcome ... Owen's fiancee
    Louise Bonsall after his opener

Actor Jude Law was also in the crowd.

Rooney’s distraught girlfriend Colleen McLoughlin, 18, left the match early to check how he was.

An England source said last night: “Losing Wayne could well have cost us the game. It was close enough to go to penalties and he could easily have made the difference.

“He was fancied to tear apart the Portuguese defence. But now he’s in hospital and the dream is over.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004291378,00.html

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Completely agree big man although I would just like to add that Ericsson's substitutions made no sense at all. Taking off Scholes and bringing on Phil Neville with so much time remaining in the game was a joke. Scolari made some brave attacking substitutions which worked, i.e. replacing Figo with Postiga. Did we learn nothing from the France game, sitting on a 1-0 lead for most of the game makes no sense..... did Ericsson not learn from watching Italy and Spain .......

Anyway..... BOLLOX Im sick of going out like this........ time to concentrate on the Cricket!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast