Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Youtube Homelessness is a sign that society is broken

5 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

elephantsoup (26th December 2016),  flumperino (26th December 2016),  Ganty (26th December 2016),  mij (26th December 2016),  plug1 (26th December 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Homelessness is a sign that society is broken

George Michael thread has 130+ views and 12 replies 10 hours after posting. This thread after 7 hours and I am the first reply with 35 views. If anyone is in any doubt why we have much more homeless now than before they just need think about attitudes. I think the view count and post count of both these highly topical threads sadly says it all about where society is and where it's heading. It is why faceless men/women in suits can make and take the decisions to cut vital services that results in people becoming homeless.
    Sadly for the majority nobody really gives a toss until it effects them personally. They will all trot out and by the latest George Michael complementation in the coming weeks though adding many millions on-top of the sadly dead millionaires estate.
    By the way I have/had nothing against GM he was undoubtedly talented and his music was enjoyed by millions...to die at 53 is pretty sad....But I consider the issue highlighted in this thread to be much more important and in the great scheme of things much much sadder.

6 Thanks given to DavidF

Ashley (26th December 2016),  Bald Bouncer (26th December 2016),  elephantsoup (26th December 2016),  Ganty (26th December 2016),  MHP (26th December 2016),  plug1 (26th December 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Agreed, this guy does hit some nerves. Saw a guy hanging outside a drive thru McDonalds (at the pay bit) and wondered why he was there and not the other end where the food would have been. Seen these two kids 6 and 8 i'd say come up to him with a big mac meal. Never seen the biggest smile in a long time.

Sometimes spending a few quid on someone more needy is exactly what we should be doing - you will never know the circumstances as to why they are there, but god help you if you end up being in the same situation.

Treat others like you'd like to be treated yourself is something i've always wanted to live my life...

Thanks to Scal

Bald Bouncer (26th December 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scal View Post
    Agreed, this guy does hit some nerves. Saw a guy hanging outside a drive thru McDonalds (at the pay bit) and wondered why he was there and not the other end where the food would have been. Seen these two kids 6 and 8 i'd say come up to him with a big mac meal. Never seen the biggest smile in a long time.

Sometimes spending a few quid on someone more needy is exactly what we should be doing - you will never know the circumstances as to why they are there, but god help you if you end up being in the same situation.

Treat others like you'd like to be treated yourself is something i've always wanted to live my life...
    The reality is there are a lot of people who are going along nice and happy then get made redundant and are only a couple of missed mortgage payments from losing their homes, of course only a small minority of these fall far enough to end up on the streets but as we now have the lowest percentage of new homes being built since the war and home ownership is sliding year on year unless something is done we are looking at a very grim future.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I love this guy, he hits the nail precisely on the head pretty much every time.

I did like the angry taxi man too, but I found his videos to be quite hard work to get through as they are so high energy. This guy is more balanced between talking sense and being angry.

Thanks to flumperino

Bald Bouncer (26th December 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I always give a quid or so to the homeless. Walking in London that soon adds up.

My mate uses the 'he'll only spend it on drugs or alcohol' as an excuse not to give. And I tell him that's exactly why he says it.

Thanks to Geko

Bald Bouncer (27th December 2016)