Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Changing From sky to a zgemma

Mine is £8 for the year but the guy isn't on cs kings any more. Breaks up occasionally maybe 1 time every couple of hours or so, other than that I'm very happy with it.

2 Thanks given to beerman

Nibb (25th February 2017),  Teajunkie (22nd February 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think the flickering or loss of signal for around 1-2 seconds once every 4 hours or so is the worst I have encountered but to be honest how can anyone moan when you should be paying £60+ per month for the same channels.

I think its its bloody great.
    the above is not what I deal with its very rare for my service provider to stutter or drop at all.
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry to hijack the thread but I didn't see any point in starting a new one for this simple question, especially as it's on the same subject:

So, my brother bought a zgemma box off a guy on eBay with a 2 year 'gift'.
    They didn't like it so he's given it to me to use up what was left of it .. happy days!
    A couple of weeks ago I lost all by FTA channels yet it is well within the 2 years

Can't be arsed hassling him to get in touch with the seller, especially as I've got it for free so looking to buy a 'gift' or a 'line' as I see it's called above.
    I've made myself a member of CS Kings but basically can't access much, does anyone have a contact I can buy from? What info would they need?

Thanks
    Karma Level

@aspect uk

the gift lines are a con they switch them off after a few months and there's fuck all you can do about it.
    I have sent you a pm.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Some of those on CS Kings recommend the shorter packages as a secure way of ensuring it's maintained. It's what I'll be doing, still a fraction of the cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

@brydo depends if you trust the supplier or not but if your new and the seller is new then that's a wise move.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Are these still just SD channels? Don't they look turd on you're big TVs?

I got rid of my stuff when HD went because the quality was crap.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Really ??
    the quality in mine is great it's not had but to be honest I can't tell much difference.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Are these still just SD channels? Don't they look turd on you're big TVs?

I got rid of my stuff when HD went because the quality was crap.
    Yeah it's all SD unless you are watching FTA channels and some pay for channels in HD (Man U HD, Premier Sports HD).

Some channels look shite, some look OK. BT Sport 3 the other day look like I was watching a 1998 internet stream the quality was that bad. Apparently Sky downgrade the bandwidth on the SD channels to get you to buy HD. I do watch on a 92inch projector screen but on my 32inch in the bedroom it looks great, SD or HD.

Thanks to beerman

Ashley (23rd February 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think I just got used to decent quality and I became a bit snobbish about it.

I still wouldn't go back to it. I find with streaming and the family bundle at £18 a month from sly, I'm pretty much covered.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

UKSat is who I've been with for 3 years and I've saved £1000 in the last year - pm me if you want
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've access to a panel for both providers which is only private and doesn't advertise on any forums. So it's been rock solid

Sent from my LG G4
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....

Thanks to satzzz

stevo25 (26th February 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by satzzz View Post
    I've access to a panel for both providers which is only private and doesn't advertise on any forums. So it's been rock solid

Sent from my LG G4
    ive got the exact same thing...virgin £6 sky £4 for 1 yr

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i have seen via social media a company called sat-tech-uk, not sure if they are any good? they seem to be pretty good with regards to their customer support and answering on social media, but i am a complete newb so wonder whether it will e preinstalled boxes with everything ready to go or if i would have to do my own research and download the stuff i want because my main thing is sports the 3pm kick offs, cricket, F1. everything else i can get from the firestick. But i would love to kick this £125 per month into touch.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Well you will only get one 3pm kick off via Sky Sports 5 Ireland on the zgemma. If you want all the 3pm kick offs you will need an IPTV sub
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....

Thanks to satzzz

pratman (19th March 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by pratman View Post
    i have seen via social media a company called sat-tech-uk, not sure if they are any good? they seem to be pretty good with regards to their customer support and answering on social media, but i am a complete newb so wonder whether it will e preinstalled boxes with everything ready to go or if i would have to do my own research and download the stuff i want because my main thing is sports the 3pm kick offs, cricket, F1. everything else i can get from the firestick. But i would love to kick this £125 per month into touch.
    Are you talking about a IPTV Sub or the zgemma? With a zgemma (or any enigma based sat box) you will get the sky sub but most of it is SD only. If you have virgin you can get a sub which will give you HD but a virgin line is typically more expensive than a sky line. The only 3pm kick off I get on my zgemma is sky sports 5 ROI or Eir sport HD which usually show the same match, so only one match per week.

IPTV on the other hand is totally different it will give you channels from over the world which will show most if not all the 3pm games. IPTV will not be a wife friendly replacement for a sky box. I haven't really looked in a while so someone could correct me if I'm wrong but with IPTV you won't be able to record, epg is just a now and next and some channels don't even have that.

Personally I use a zgemma for general viewing and a mag 250 to cover the sport if I can't find what I'm looking for on the zgemma. I'm not married but would consider the zgemma to be wife friendly, you can even use a sky skin so it looks the same.

Also do not buy anything like this on social media. It's only a matter of time before he gets raided meaning the service will go down. If you buy the kit and can't get it working I'm sure we can all help.

2 Thanks given to beerman

Ashley (22nd March 2017),  pratman (19th March 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    Are you talking about a IPTV Sub or the zgemma? With a zgemma (or any enigma based sat box) you will get the sky sub but most of it is SD only. If you have virgin you can get a sub which will give you HD but a virgin line is typically more expensive than a sky line. The only 3pm kick off I get on my zgemma is sky sports 5 ROI or Eir sport HD which usually show the same match, so only one match per week.

IPTV on the other hand is totally different it will give you channels from over the world which will show most if not all the 3pm games. IPTV will not be a wife friendly replacement for a sky box. I haven't really looked in a while so someone could correct me if I'm wrong but with IPTV you won't be able to record, epg is just a now and next and some channels don't even have that.

Personally I use a zgemma for general viewing and a mag 250 to cover the sport if I can't find what I'm looking for on the zgemma. I'm not married but would consider the zgemma to be wife friendly, you can even use a sky skin so it looks the same.

Also do not buy anything like this on social media. It's only a matter of time before he gets raided meaning the service will go down. If you buy the kit and can't get it working I'm sure we can all help.
    You can put your iptv sub on the zgemma or similar - I have an Edision which I consider far superior and faster
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nibb View Post
    You can put your iptv sub on the zgemma or similar - I have an Edision which I consider far superior and faster
    Yeah I know, I didn't know that last year when I got my mag lol, my sub is tied to my mag so keeping it until August then it'll either go to ebay or landfill.

Thanks to beerman

Nibb (19th March 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Beerman is correct. DO NOT buy on social media. Like he says, there are some of us on here that could help out with all 'those' sorts of needs....

Sent from my LG G4

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    Yeah I know, I didn't know that last year when I got my mag lol, my sub is tied to my mag so keeping it until August then it'll either go to ebay or landfill.
    Any decent supplier with a panel could untie it from your mag and supply a different link for a nominal charge to cover his costs.

Sent from my LG G4

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast