Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Changing From sky to a zgemma

The in-laws had a Zgemma Star 2S which died last week so I've just setup a new H5.2S for them which is a very nice little box for the money and even has a nice remote which is always a bonus with these things.

The 2S was totally dead and just showed the red light on power up but without the boot message. Tried different power supplies and no joy.

Brought it home today, took it to bits and bizarrely it fired up as I pulled the heatsink off the Broadcom SoC so guessing it's a dry joint somewhere or a bad connection. It's 18 months old. I was expecting it to be a dead Winbond flash chip so I was pulling the heatsink to get a SOIC clip on it and just lucked out

I've just finished configuring the old 2S as a slave so they can have it back and stick it on another TV and watch everything from the new H5.2S master box via the second tuner.

For anyone wanting to do that the Channels Importer plugin is new this year in various OpenXXX builds and works a proper treat and sorts out bouquets, EPG and fallback tuner settings.

The Whoosh Build is bang on and they're a fan of the films they can watch via iptv now as well (the old 2S was just running an old OpenVIX image).

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by satzzz View Post
    Any decent supplier with a panel could untie it from your mag and supply a different link for a nominal charge to cover his costs.

Sent from my LG G4
    I bought it the sub from aliexpress, hardly a decent supplier . I rarely use it so will just wait for it to run out.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nibb View Post
    You can put your iptv sub on the zgemma or similar - I have an Edision which I consider far superior and faster
    What Edison do you have the OS mini? Is it worth getting that over a zgemma?

I'm looking for a decent IPTV box.

Cheers

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes mate I've had the mini for about a year - few glitches here and there but on the whole an excellent purchase for £99 (Twin tuner)
    It runs iptv via the xcplugin no problem at all! [emoji106]
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks to Nibb

Ashley (22nd March 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes mate I've had the mini for about a year - few glitches here and there but on the whole an excellent purchase for £99 (Twin tuner)
    It runs iptv via the xcplugin no problem at all! [emoji106]
    Thank you will probably get one.

Thanks to Ashley

Nibb (22nd March 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Good box - I'm looking at getting a second one for another room as my Vu Duo is on its last legs
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Good box - I'm looking at getting a second one for another room as my Vu Duo is on its last legs
    That's the last box I had and found it was great.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It's still going but I've had to change the capacitors and the HD fooked up - now the memory can't keep up with the bouquet and epg updates
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks to Nibb

Ashley (22nd March 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's still going but I've had to change the capacitors and the HD fooked up - now the memory can't keep up with the bouquet and epg updates
    Ditto with my duo, changed the caps and every time i use it it's frozen on the EPG or bouquet update.
    I bought a mutant hd51 to replace it in the lounge decent box nice and quick to respond.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

2 Thanks given to Nathz29

Ashley (23rd March 2017),  Nibb (22nd March 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

A few channels (Eur0sports, Atlant1c, SSB0 plus more) have gone dark today in SD, could be the beginning of the end as S*y were planning on killing CS off very soon.
    Last edited by reverend; 28th March 2017 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks to reverend

beerman (28th March 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by reverend View Post
    A few channels (Eur0sports, Atlant1c, SSB0 plus more) have gone dark today in SD, could be the beginning of the end as S*y were planning on killing CS off very soon.
    Can confirm. Sad times, might have to grab a cable box before the sub prices go up

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Rumours on another forum that these channels still clearing on old Thomson Box and that ecm lengths have changed so it's likely that a fix will be upcoming in the short term
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not sure what to make of this one as there are channels clearing with ecms longer than 79

Someone has logged a ticket with oscam tonight so may be worth keeping an eye on the responses - you can see from the whitelist it has supported longer ecm lengths for a long time :/

Potentially good news about the older boxes still working though!

Cat and mouse i guess - there are a lot of parties with a vested interest in this stuff working (although it never helped the Italians)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Keep us informed mate! [emoji106]
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

This is the ticket mate:

http://www.streamboard.tv/oscam/ticket/4600

I use oscam as a client but out of the 4 lines I have (2 UK and 2 Euro) 3 of those are hosted on cccam and the other is newcamd so if oscam fix something at the server end that may just fix the problem for people who use that to host - not sure if cccam is even updated any more (the latest version I see in the oscam details is 4 years old) :/

IPTV is a replacement should the worst happen anyway - a motorised dish helps too as you can get a lot of stuff from other countries that you'd watch at home anyway.
    Last edited by reverend; 29th March 2017 at 07:04 AM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I have iptv anyway so I'm not that bothered
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by reverend View Post
    Not sure what to make of this one as there are channels clearing with ecms longer than 79

Someone has logged a ticket with oscam tonight so may be worth keeping an eye on the responses - you can see from the whitelist it has supported longer ecm lengths for a long time :/

Potentially good news about the older boxes still working though!

Cat and mouse i guess - there are a lot of parties with a vested interest in this stuff working (although it never helped the Italians)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I noticed this too, some comedy channel has gone black too, but check out the +1 versions of the same channels, they still clear for me

Thanks
    Karma Level

It looks like Sky are not only playing with the UK side of things but channels are starting to go in Germany too - Sky 1 over there is dark as well now and looks like they're pairing cards for the HD & SD version of that.

..:: Edit ::..
    Ignore that - Sky 1 is a new channel as of Nov 2016 over there and uses a different pairing method like the UHD channels.
    Last edited by reverend; 31st March 2017 at 05:21 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Interesting read.. https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/sky-...28-2-a-45.html

"I know there was mention above of not posting messages regarding "My mate said this or that" etc, but I do actually know two people personally who are involved with Oscam work and programming, one of them whom I know from my university days is directly involved with the upkeep and admin at the site "Streamboard" also, there's no info more up to date than the info he has access to and that is fact.
    The facts as to what is actually happening were touched upon in the above mentioned link and that is that there is nothing within the Entitlement Control Message (ECM) that is affecting things right now, so all talk of ecm changes are just nonsense, as is transponder talk.

The problem exists within the CW (Control Word)....The actual encryption data itself

Now this is where the technical side of it went way over my head during my conversation, but the laymans terms that I got was that the encryption has not changed in the same way it did for HD or for the same way it did with Sky Italia, the encryption is compatible with existing Sky cards, including the old white 09's which is where local cards and shared cache's get the required data to make card sharing possible, so that also makes the talk of changing over Thompson Receivers to Sky +HD nonsense also, its completely irrelevant.

What they have done is quite clever apparently but it will 100% be worked out, the changes that will be required to be made will all be within the "oscam.config" which is basically the standard configuration file that servers use to run and make this all possible, so server owners will be getting access to an updated config file once completed and the missing channels will be back.....

There is a but though and that is the reasoning behind what has happened the last few days, the general feeling is that Sky were testing a few channels to see what the result was, that unfortunately is not true, Sky and anybody with a certain level of understanding of encryptions would know that no test is required, the results of the changes that were made are set in stone and known before they were put in place therefore there is no test required or needed.

That is where the but comes in because what has happened is fixable with a configuration change, Sky and the programming engineers working with Sky know that just as much as the guys who deal with oscam, they know its fixable and can be worked around, so the actual reason behind it is a mystery."

Continued in link above.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Changing From sky to a zgemma

This has been posted before - it seems its nothing to do with oscam. More likely to be implementation of icam on SD cards. My advice is get an iptv sub! [emoji23]
    Karl Pilkington

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast