The in-laws had a Zgemma Star 2S which died last week so I've just setup a new H5.2S for them which is a very nice little box for the money and even has a nice remote which is always a bonus with these things.

The 2S was totally dead and just showed the red light on power up but without the boot message. Tried different power supplies and no joy.

Brought it home today, took it to bits and bizarrely it fired up as I pulled the heatsink off the Broadcom SoC so guessing it's a dry joint somewhere or a bad connection. It's 18 months old. I was expecting it to be a dead Winbond flash chip so I was pulling the heatsink to get a SOIC clip on it and just lucked out

I've just finished configuring the old 2S as a slave so they can have it back and stick it on another TV and watch everything from the new H5.2S master box via the second tuner.

For anyone wanting to do that the Channels Importer plugin is new this year in various OpenXXX builds and works a proper treat and sorts out bouquets, EPG and fallback tuner settings.

The Whoosh Build is bang on and they're a fan of the films they can watch via iptv now as well (the old 2S was just running an old OpenVIX image).