Hi guys
I wonder if we got any heating engineers here? I am trying to work out how to heat my 1970's 3 bedroom chalet bungalow and dont know what to do the situation is as follows:
What I have: 6kw Multifuel stive in sittingroom, incredibly expensive electric central heating system because village has no gas supply (electromax) - this caused me to land a lovely £2500 annual electricity bill ffs, but it includes a very good solar tubes heated domestic water tank.

What we want: as Solar tube system we have to heat domestic water is both green and excellent we would like to be as green and efficient as possible but finances and lack of natural gas will probably restrict.

Options: As we are scared to switch electric system on due to running cost in 2016 we are using multfuel burner to heat sittingroom, I am thinking pretty much any option would be better, however due to large electric bills and being Scottish I don't want to spend too much, however my son is a manager in a national plumbing suppliers which enables me to get decent discount on boilers etc.

any ideas / tips guys? hybrid systems or grants etc?
any advice gratefully received as I am sick of cleaning out stove, paying massive electricity bills and still being cold ffs.

Many thanks
LS