Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Chinese Phones Thread - 2017

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    No, in the end I went with the Elephone M3 as I fancied its 21mp camera.
    Although it's battery life isn't as good as the Oukitel it has pump express charging (or whatever they call it) and it charges so fast the battery is no issue at all. Easily lasts a full day of use anyway.
    No problem, I got the Oukitel K6000 coming today and I have not really played with phones for years so was just after a bit of a heads up on what to look for when I review it.

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

piggzy (10th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi m8 I got the power2 which is almost identical. Chipset, processor, ram and ROM all the same, just the camera is different, mine is great, looking forward to hearing how you get on with yours. Cheers. Andy

Thanks to andyinlondon

Bald Bouncer (10th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

after reading this thread and doing some research on the net i finally decided to retire my iphone and bought a umidigi z pro.
    its quite fast and size wise just about acceptable for me - wouldnt want anything bigger.
    however, the wifi speed & range is rubbish compared to my iphone 6s and the bluetooth is a nightmare, i have awful trouble getting it to sync my fitbit watch. the camera is total pants compared to the pictures taken by my old iphone too.

i'll persevere with it for another week or so but i can see my wife ending up with this phone and my iphone being put back into service - overall i am quite disappointed with it

Thanks to tiggerbiker

Bald Bouncer (10th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerbiker View Post
    after reading this thread and doing some research on the net i finally decided to retire my iphone and bought a umidigi z pro.
    its quite fast and size wise just about acceptable for me - wouldnt want anything bigger.
    however, the wifi speed & range is rubbish compared to my iphone 6s and the bluetooth is a nightmare, i have awful trouble getting it to sync my fitbit watch. the camera is total pants compared to the pictures taken by my old iphone too.

i'll persevere with it for another week or so but i can see my wife ending up with this phone and my iphone being put back into service - overall i am quite disappointed with it
    I am using an iPhone 6 at the moment but all I really use it for is a few apps and the last outgoing call I made on it was December 2016, the only reason I have an iPhone 6 is because my wife upgraded and I always get her old phone, I very much doubt I will be keeping this I was more looking for the 'important' things to people I should be looking at on it or anyone's opinion on it who has one.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

A further thing about the battery life on the Lenovo P2 is it has a power saving mode with its own sliding switch. It disables functions, leaving SMS and phone calls. My battery is on 83% and if I slide the switch it says there is just under 98 hours of standby time remaining.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

3 Thanks given to beansontoast

Bald Bouncer (10th June 2017),  I Black Belt (10th June 2017),  piggzy (10th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Have you tried flashing a custom ROM. https://www.needrom.com/ is just one site that has ROMS for Chinese phones. A lot of the off the shelf Chinese roms are a bit flaky mine was actually fine and I get very good wifi and BT but have read a lot that got massively improved features etc by flashing.

Thanks to piggzy

tiggerbiker (10th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

i gave up on the umidigi z pro, now back in its box and thrown in the back of a drawer!
    bought a lenovo p2. much better experience! finally having to charge it back up - fully charged it 7am friday finally got low power warning (15%) sunday afternoon & yes, i have been using it quite a lot!

2 Thanks given to tiggerbiker

beansontoast (18th June 2017),  piggzy (18th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

i gave up on the umidigi z pro, now back in its box and thrown in the back of a drawer!
    bought a lenovo p2. much better experience! finally having to charge it back up - fully charged it 7am friday finally got low power warning (15%) sunday afternoon & yes, i have been using it quite a lot!

I notice that they claim the Umidigi Z Pro is soon to get a Android 7 upgrade. Might be worth giving it a second blast in a few months after doing the upgrade. May fix your issues ???

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    I notice that they claim the Umidigi Z Pro is soon to get a Android 7 upgrade. Might be worth giving it a second blast in a few months after doing the upgrade. May fix your issues ???
    already out for the z pro, updated it the day after i got the phone, unfortunately no difference.
    also couldnt find any custom roms for it either

Thanks to tiggerbiker

piggzy (18th June 2017)  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123