Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

microsoft Kodi Coming To Windows 10, Xbox One As A Universal App

Universal justice, then? You may not know that Kodi, one of the most popular media center app, originally went by the name of XBMC. Short for Xbox Media Center. Or, XboxMediaCenter, technically.
    Well, now, it’s coming to the Xbox One alright, as a UWP — Universal Windows Platform application.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same kind of a deal!
    The developer, which coincidentally, still goes by the name of XBMC Foundation, has announced that Kodi media center app is being designed as a universal application that will also bring support for the Xbox One gaming console.
    Of course, the app can already be downloaded as traditional Win32 desktop software, or even as a port created with Project Centennial that is available in the Windows Store here.
    This is what it looks:

And this is what it is described as:
    “It uses a 10-foot user interface designed to be a media player for the living-room, using a remote control as the primary input device. Its graphical user interface (GUI) allows the user to easily browse and view videos, photos, podcasts, and music from a harddrive, optical disc, local network, and the internet using only a few buttons.”
    However, a full universal app with support for Xbox One will provide native support for the new operating system on PCs and gaming consoles. A Windows 10 Mobile version, however, is sadly, not announced.
    At the end of the day, this is a bigger launch for Xbox One than Windows 10, because, while PC users already have two clear options to run the application, getting Kodi to work on the console required more complex steps.
    Native support will streamline its installation on the console.
    And, hopefully, also make it possible for users to deploy on the upcoming Windows 10 Cloud on devices where Win32 programs are restricted.
    XBMC Foundation has still not provided a target release date for this version of Kodi, but chances are that we will not have to wait too long for its launch, now that the developer has officially confirmed the development of this exciting new app.
    Stay Informed About Windows 10

Related Windows 10 Articles

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Source...

3 Thanks given to Raptor

chesser (7th April 2017),  Mystical_2K (10th February 2017),  piggzy (10th February 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Kodi Coming To Windows 10, Xbox One As A Universal App

great news
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

About time XBOX had a decent media centre.

Look forward to this as I hate plex UI on xbox one. It is fucking shit.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wouldnt hold me breath as most of the UWP currently on xbox are buggy as fook and crash left,right and center :-(

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    About time XBOX had a decent media centre.

Look forward to this as I hate plex UI on xbox one. It is fucking shit.
    im getting sick and tired of Plex in general, when it works I love it but as far as im concerned they have stretched themselves too thin, they have lots of clients out there but the features differ majorly between apps.
    one of the best apps out there for Plex is the samsung TV app, its slick and works great - however its developed by a 3rd Party and not by Plex themselves.
    The Xbox One app is the shittest of them all, the search is fucked, doesnt support users, crashes alot! etc.

also this has just come from Plex, the new CEO is now looking to have Plex provide more content.
    It seems they are moving away from you creating your own media library and moving more towards the Netflix and Hulu model.

http://www.fiercecable.com/broadcast...nd-what-s-next
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

2 Thanks given to Mystical_2K

I Black Belt (10th February 2017),  piggzy (10th February 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I use Mezzmo is a great media library manager, it cost £20 or something but has great functionality ;-) Not thru my xbox tho but my tv instead.

Thanks to akimba

Mystical_2K (10th February 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_2K View Post
    im getting sick and tired of Plex in general, when it works I love it but as far as im concerned they have stretched themselves too thin, they have lots of clients out there but the features differ majorly between apps.
    one of the best apps out there for Plex is the samsung TV app, its slick and works great - however its developed by a 3rd Party and not by Plex themselves.
    The Xbox One app is the shittest of them all, the search is fucked, doesnt support users, crashes alot! etc.

also this has just come from Plex, the new CEO is now looking to have Plex provide more content.
    It seems they are moving away from you creating your own media library and moving more towards the Netflix and Hulu model.

http://www.fiercecable.com/broadcast...nd-what-s-next

imho https://emby.media/ is a lot better.....
    BUT you have to be a premium member to use client on xbox one. I haven't jumped yet. use the client on an android box and it pisses all over plex.

Thanks to piggzy

Mystical_2K (10th February 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    imho https://emby.media/ is a lot better.....
    BUT you have to be a premium member to use client on xbox one. I haven't jumped yet. use the client on an android box and it pisses all over plex.
    Good to know, I think i will give it a try, $99 for a limetime subscription seems ok, paid a bit more for the Plex sub but its lasted me a few years

Social Networking Bookmarks