Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Seriously disappointed by BT

So I moved house on the 17th. I put an order in to move my number and fibre to the new gaff in plenty of time and got the texts saying it would cut over. Woop says I.

16/02 23:30 - my broadband goes off at old house
    17/02 - move in and no phone but broadband on
    18/02 - contact via chat and am told I cancelled my order. What after the disco? Send me the mail, server log or VRVR recording then. I will reorder for you. Live date of 28.
    20/02 - new order for broadband - live date 28/02
    21/02 - get phone line back on a different number
    21/02 - call saying order issue and system problem but new live date of 01/03
    22/02 - get number back
    27/02 - broadband disconnected. Not mine but under my account.
    28/02 - call saying new live date of 07/03

This is getting fucking silly. I have now been without service for a while and my kids are reliant on the net for their homework. I have burnt all my mobile data till the 18th.

I have lost all my fucking patience now as nobody can explain why it now takes a fucking week. Pointed out that the new order thing is a good ploy to get another year out of me. Also got a mail asking me to send my old equipment back.

Oh they also offered me a dongle to get back online and wanted paying for it. Hahahaha

How is the fuck do I get this moving?
    Last edited by BertRoot; 28th February 2017 at 10:00 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Seriously disappointed by BT

Mate of mine had a similar issue where they said he had cancelled the order as well. Wonder if that's their new excuse for fucking up the timings.

Short of getting a data plan from three with unlimited data or regular trips to friends and neighbors to rape their DSL you will prob have to sit tight and wait. When it's all on again, send the CEO a shitty email.

Just have to get some mags from the newsagent if u want a wank now.

DJ OD

Thanks to DJ OD

BertRoot (28th February 2017)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Tweet @BTCare, email using CEOMail and I think we have a member on here who may also be able to help. They tend to take complaints seriously once you reach the right department but before that it can be awful getting anywhere.

Thanks to evilsatan

BertRoot (28th February 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

The above list is a serious abridgement of everything that has gone on. Left hand has no idea what right hand is doing. Someone flicked a switch to turn off the previous line so why not flick it on again? Driving me crackers. Got enough other shit to do with the gaff and each call takes twenty to thirty minutes.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wonder if the issues are being caused by BT themselves or could it be OpenReach fucking things up.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My son just had this problem moved into a new house didn't have all the services and had to wait I helped him out by sending him pictures of my 200mb.

2 Thanks given to diablos

BertRoot (28th February 2017),  cyprus (28th February 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you can see a BT Hub from neighbours, they should give you a credit to access if you kick up enough stink.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sadly I can't Cassy.

Tried rhe BTCare option on Twitter. Went nowhere. They care about as much as a rhino at the zoo.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can you not pick up a BT-Wifi, BT-Fon, BT-WifiX etc as all are included FOC when you are a BT customer. Might help put you on.

I was without for about 2 weeks last year and picked up a Hotspot on the PC and reshared it with the entire house. Even XBOX live gold worked fine.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sadly not. Everyone on Sky near me.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    Sadly I can't Cassy.

Tried rhe BTCare option on Twitter. Went nowhere. They care about as much as a rhino at the zoo.
    Usually they ask to call customer services, you tweet back to say you have been on the phone to them x amount of times already then they DM you and you reach a higher level support team than you do on the published numbers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

TBH it was a little odd that they didn't get any details but said pretty quickly that they couldn't do anything till the 7th. Pretty fucking useless really. Easy to do in a monopoly.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have beef with them now. A friend of mine has got BT TV, Phone and DSL. Her TV box stopped showing premium channels, when she called they said they would charge her a call out if it was her fault of £150. So she didn't bother, being a single mum she could risk BT pulling 150 sheets out of her bank. I saw her at the weekend and I looked at it for her, basically the TV box wasn't getting an internet connection. So after faffing around with the router, pluggin into differnet sockets, can to the conclusion the router maybe borked. Was showing blue light, but no internet. She'd not noticed before as her phone and laptop seemed to be FON connected (neighbours).

On a separate note, she said to me she had got a new cordless phone and wanted me to plug in it for her, as the old phone stopped working. Penny didn't drop...

On connected the new handset, it said on screen. CHECK PHONE LINE. No dial tone...

Fuckers... for months she had been paying a bill for no phone line, no premium TV and no DSL. I was fuming...

I am going to write some seriously stroppy email to the CEO, hit twitter, and if no dice the papers are getting it.

"Single mum conned by BT for months, and they threaten her with £150 and wont even come out to check..." - can see one paper loving that headline.

C*nts

DJ OD

3 Thanks given to DJ OD

Ashley (5th March 2017),  BertRoot (5th March 2017),  piggzy (5th March 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Pointless emailing the CEO Mr. I did it last week and got handed onto the exec level complaints team and all they have done is the same as everyone else has so far. Date has gone back another week and Sky is looking ever more tempting by the day. These lot can't organise going to the fucking toilet never mind a decent service. I fucking despair. "There is a marker on your line" that is stopping the providers, BT oh wait yourselves, from progressing. Seem to think I am some housewife with no fucking clue but as it stands it is them or sky really. Cocksucking useless ball bags.

Thanks to BertRoot

piggzy (5th March 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    I am going to write some seriously stroppy email to the CEO, hit twitter, and if no dice the papers are getting it.

"Single mum conned by BT for months, and they threaten her with £150 and wont even come out to check..." - can see one paper loving that headline.

C*nts

DJ OD
    Forget twitter and just use the ceo email address.. twitter has been good for many companies i've had a query/problem with but bt wasn't one of them.

My problem was with not receiving amazon vouchers for taking bt sims in the time they stated.. emailed the ceo who were quick to respond and within a few days they offered to give me a bank transfer for the value of the vouchers as they couldn't get an answer from the company dealing with the voucher promotion.

funny thing is that 2 weeks later the vouchers turned up

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    Sky is looking ever more tempting by the day.
    If the issues are being caused by BT Openreach then that sadly wont make any difference.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I know but it will lose them my custom. Vote with your feet.

Thanks to BertRoot

piggzy (5th March 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

you can walk into a 3 shop and buy one of these http://www.coolsmartphone.com/2016/1...router-review/

Thanks to JonEp

BertRoot (6th March 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

So, for anyone interested, I emailed the CEO on behalf of my friend (I can PM the actual email text if anyone wants it for a guide). Same day she got a call on her mobile from the CEO's office apologising and how they would call again next day to discuss and resolve the problem. They indeed called her again and said they would book an engineer round to sort the phone first, then when that was done they would send another for the DSL and TV. A new router arrived in the post over last weekend (The newer one) and yesterday the engineer rocked up and traced the fault to a poor wiring in the main BT socket. Essentially what had happened was when she had all the stuff installed a few years ago, the engineer at the time ran an extension from the main box to the other side of the room where the TV was. He did s shit job of that and fucked something in the main box which after a while worked its way loose...

As soon as the phone line was fixed, obviously the DSL now worked and the TV. My friend called back her new mate from the CEO's office again to let them know all was good, and was told that they would give her compensation for the money she had paid then and got no service. So within a week, an ongoing problem for months was sorted.

See now Berty, should have said you were a single mum...

DJ OD

2 Thanks given to DJ OD

BertRoot (16th March 2017),  piggzy (16th March 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Haha that's the thing. I mailed the same and they were the least organised bunch of cunts ever. My order kept going back every day or so and I was asked to only speak to that team. It went back to the 17th or something and I kept losing it with my handler and got a mail off a kid on the help desk completely separately and in two days he had sorted it. Got a free month and 12 months at half price. None of this was done by the exec team though.

Flying at 8.9MB on newsies now though. Would like to email the guy who fixed it but only got his name and no number or anything.

Thanks to BertRoot

piggzy (16th March 2017)