I'm fucking idiot, I get gout around once a year, twice if I'm unlucky. I've been getting it for around ten years now.

Three years ago I went into Allopurinol by prescription, two tablets a day, with food, a real PITA. I know some people took one tablet before bed each night, that I could live with.

So here I am again, having been laid up, with crutches for 3 days in the worst gout pain I've had since the word go. I felt it coming on Thursday, I strapped up my boot and dealt with it over the weekend when we had friends coming. It was manageable, although I did spend two day on the piss (I didn't really know it was full blown gout at this time. Sunday afternoon, got home and took the boot off, and BOOM it went all go.

I've had 5 punnets of cherries, and been using Ibuoprofen and Paracetamol since then, it's easing the pain, but it's still unable to support any weight, at all.

Shame really, I had 6 weeks off the ale, and then one night heavy 8+ pints and I think that kicked it into life.

So Tesco online order has gone in:

* Feminax
* 3l Cheery juice
* Baking Soda

I've got family around this weekend, so hoping to be back on my feet by then.

Click below for a serious case of elephant foot.

Spoiler:

I don't have a Dr registered at my new gaff, but soon as I can get out, I'll be getting one and getting back on for a script, as this is fucking agony. It's not all diet/beer related, as gout can also be hereditary, and my old man used to suffer for 45 years with it, until he got script for it, and only last year, my my got it in her elbow for the first time too.

Any other sufferers agree it's worth contemplating chopping your own foot off?