Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default TOGUARD® Wildlife Camera 12MP Full HD 1080P

I got one of these last week to review thought it might be of interest to some.

This is a really great camera and I am very impressed with the quality, it arrived well packed and all the lenses had a removable plastic protective cover. I gave the manuals a good read and then it was time to give it a test, I fitted the eight AA batteries needed, inserted a Micro SD card, removed the battery disable tag from the remote control and switched it to test mode. Once done you get a very good menu on the front under the flap, I performed various test captures in different modes which all worked as described so it was time to put it into action for a proper test.

tocam1.jpg tocam2.jpg tocam4.jpg tocam3.jpg tocam5.jpg

I set it up at ground level outside near the bins and left it a few hours before retrieving it and was pleased to see I caught a cat raiding the black bags, the next day I set it up on my balcony just to capture some daytime activity which also worked very well. I would also note the area near the bins was pitch black you could not even see your hand in front of your face.

You should note that the test mode is as it say’s to test and you get lights on the front and the view screen is on but once you put it into ON mode there is no visual indication the camera is on and working so as to keep the camera as hidden and covert as possible.

• 12 Mega Pixels HD Photo taking and 1080P Full HD high quality video recording ensure every details will be captured.
    • Bulit-in 48 pcs No glow Black Infrared LED make up to 65ft/20m night vision range. no movement will be missed even at night.
    • 120° Wide angle PIR sensor plus wide angle lens ensure maximum coverage.
    • IP54 Waterproof housing ensures durability in all-weather condition.
    • Featured functions: Multi-shot, Interval, Timelapse,Motion detection, Timer, Time stamp, Photo + Video Recording.Get 1 Year Warranty.

What I liked
    - Picture quality is superb
    - Video quality is superb
    - Night vision quality superb
    - Menu system is very good
    - Remote control works very well
    - It’s waterproof
    - Multitude of different modes and adjustments

What I Didn’t Like
    - More of an observation than a dislike, I would have liked it to have a chargeable on-board power source but with 3 months of stand-by time for the price I understand it not having that

Summary
    This really is a cracking camera, everything on it is high quality and the results are superb.

2 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

Ashley (1st March 2017),  cyprus (1st March 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: TOGUARD® Wildlife Camera 12MP Full HD 1080P

Looks great quality and the images are really good and clear.

Would you just have it set up for you're garden then? Or was it solely sent for review purposes?

Thanks to Ashley

Bald Bouncer (1st March 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Looks great quality and the images are really good and clear.

Would you just have it set up for you're garden then? Or was it solely sent for review purposes?
    I had it to review, not really sure what I am going to do with it yet but was toying with the idea of using it as a security camera, I was really surprised by the quality and the sensor is really good as it picked up and started when the door across the road opened and also picked up the audio.

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

Ashley (1st March 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

thats really cool, quality not bad at all

at first i thought you had got one of those little cameras that goes around the cats neck and you had filmed it going out at night
    are you supposed to be filming your neighbors
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks to Mystical_2K

Bald Bouncer (1st March 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_2K View Post
    thats really cool, quality not bad at all

at first i thought you had got one of those little cameras that goes around the cats neck and you had filmed it going out at night
    are you supposed to be filming your neighbors
    The only thing I wasn't really keen on was the batteries rather than a power bank but I think the more expensive ones have that as well as on-board storage rather then SD card, it does have a 5v power adaptor socket but it's in the top so could only really use indoors. Neighbours on a public street so fuckem

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    Neighbours on a public street so fuckem
    well said

Just seen it on Amazon for £65.99 - nice price if you can use as a mini security cam but the batteries really kill it
    Looking for something like this when we move as I would love to have a little CCTV system recording to my NAS boxes
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_2K View Post
    well said

Just seen it on Amazon for £65.99 - nice price if you can use as a mini security cam but the batteries really kill it
    Looking for something like this when we move as I would love to have a little CCTV system recording to my NAS boxes
    I agree the batteries are an issue, they claim they last 3 months but I am a bit sceptical, not looked is you can link it to the computer for live feed/record but it does have a mini usb connection.

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

Mystical_2K (2nd March 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't think it was this exact camera - can't remember but I did see one another forum that someone monitored there outdoor guerilla "grow" using something similar. Not sure how they powered it though...I will try to find the thread and dig it out. From memory there were some excellent shots of wildlife coming into his patch for a nosey and the odd chew lol.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    Don't think it was this exact camera - can't remember but I did see one another forum that someone monitored there outdoor guerilla "grow" using something similar. Not sure how they powered it though...I will try to find the thread and dig it out. From memory there were some excellent shots of wildlife coming into his patch for a nosey and the odd chew lol.
    It has a mass of different modes like time lapse record/picture, you can set it to take several photo's then video, setting the video length time, I notice a few saying the video was grainy on the reviews but I found the video quality superb both day and night vision might be a better firmware update cured previous issues who knows.