Arcade Club, Bury

Thread: Arcade Club, Bury

  1. TJB's Avatar

    TJB said:

    Default Arcade Club, Bury

    Has anyone been to Arcade Club in Bury? Spent Saturday afternoon there and have to say it was like stepping back in time. They've got well over 100 cabinets over 2 floors, an Oculus Rift, a PSVR and shit loads of consoles and PC's to have a go on. Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. £10 to get in and all the games are free. Word of caution though, by mid afternoon it was so fucking busy you couldn't get on some of the more popular games and it also appeared to be a dumping ground for parents just letting their kids run fucking riot. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  2. JonEp's Avatar

    JonEp said:

    Default Re: Arcade Club, Bury

    That is a really good idea, how many people do they let in at any one time ?
     
  3. BertRoot's Avatar

    BertRoot said:

    Default Re: Arcade Club, Bury

    Tronads on here is a regular.

     
  4. Mystical_2K's Avatar

    Mystical_2K said:

    Default Re: Arcade Club, Bury

    A friend of mine has been one recently and said it was great vaue for money and a proper blast from the past
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.
     
  5. TJB's Avatar

    TJB said:

    Default Re: Arcade Club, Bury

    Quote Originally Posted by JonEp View Post
    That is a really good idea, how many people do they let in at any one time ?
    Based on Saturday afternoon, fucking hundreds.
     
  6. tronads's Avatar

    tronads said:

    Default Re: Arcade Club, Bury

    It does get quite busy on a Saturday afternoon, but after about 6 its fine. You rarely have to wait to play on anything, and the bar is very reasonably priced.
    The second floor is open now, so that brings more modern machines such as the dance and novelty type, along with pool tables and more consoles.
    I try and get there at least twice a month, and what I like about it is for me, just like hanging out in the arcades back in the 80s, which is pretty much all I did.
     
  7. Tim.Lad's Avatar

    Tim.Lad said:

    Default Re: Arcade Club, Bury

    Quote Originally Posted by tronads View Post
    It does get quite busy on a Saturday afternoon, but after about 6 its fine. You rarely have to wait to play on anything, and the bar is very reasonably priced.
    The second floor is open now, so that brings more modern machines such as the dance and novelty type, along with pool tables and more consoles.
    I try and get there at least twice a month, and what I like about it is for me, just like hanging out in the arcades back in the 80s, which is pretty much all I did.
    Best going late evening haven't seen the floor 2 18+ only room yet
    VIP WOOP !
     
  8. DJ Overdose's Avatar

    DJ Overdose said:

    Default Re: Arcade Club, Bury

    I went to a place in Dubai like this. Part nightclub, part rock pub and in the middle about 10-20 retro cabs (mane based probably). Was called Stereo Arcade.

    One of my best nights out there


    DJ OD
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  9. funkyg's Avatar

    funkyg said:

    Default Re: Arcade Club, Bury

    Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    Word of caution though, by mid afternoon it was so fucking busy you couldn't get on some of the more popular games and it also appeared to be a dumping ground for parents just letting their kids run fucking riot. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    A mate of mine went the other week and raved about it. Apparently it's 18+ only on Friday nights, so probably best to go then.
    I'm thinking of going in the next week or so, nearly creamed myself when I saw the games list!
     
  10. piggzy's Avatar

    piggzy said:

    Default Re: Arcade Club, Bury

    For any in the south/east I got an invite here a few months back : [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Guy I know booked up a VIP room. 60inch 4K TV console of choice, leather recliner couch etc and they did some deal with a local American burger bar to bring in the grub.

    Was a good laugh. Didn't have any of the retro stuff though.

    Edit: They do now have retro stuff. Must have got it all in since. Maybe worth another visit now then.
     
  11. tronads's Avatar

    tronads said:

    Default Re: Arcade Club, Bury

    Quote Originally Posted by funkyg View Post
    A mate of mine went the other week and raved about it. Apparently it's 18+ only on Friday nights, so probably best to go then.
    I'm thinking of going in the next week or so, nearly creamed myself when I saw the games list!
    Did you get there ?What did you think to it ?
     
  12. flumperino's Avatar

    flumperino said:

    Default Re: Arcade Club, Bury

    omg that sounds epic!!!
     
  13. CzarJunkie's Avatar

    CzarJunkie said:

    Default Re: Arcade Club, Bury

    How much do you reckon it would cost to put something like this together?
     
  14. piggzy's Avatar

    piggzy said:

    Default Re: Arcade Club, Bury

    Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    How much do you reckon it would cost to put something like this together?
    You mean like a home setup ???
     
  15. CzarJunkie's Avatar

    CzarJunkie said:

    Default Re: Arcade Club, Bury

    Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    You mean like a home setup ???
    No, like starting a business setup.
     
  16. piggzy's Avatar

    piggzy said:

    Default Re: Arcade Club, Bury

    Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    No, like starting a business setup.
    With the falling costs of TV's and sofas (DFS) and the like I would think the only real layout is the actual console.
    It did cross my mind when I was in the place. Very simple décor, everything minimal and I remember working out in my head how many hours rented out would pay for the console and it was fuck all.

    I reckon it would be a good investment but Bill Gates I am not.

    A massive 4K tv can be had for £300... that is crazy.
     
  17. funkyg's Avatar

    funkyg said:

    Default Re: Arcade Club, Bury

    Quote Originally Posted by tronads View Post
    Did you get there ?What did you think to it ?
    Not yet, real life keeps getting in the way!
     
  18. funkyg's Avatar

    funkyg said:

    Default Re: Arcade Club, Bury

    Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    With the falling costs of TV's and sofas (DFS) and the like I would think the only real layout is the actual console.
    To be fair though this place isn't just TVs and consoles, its proper arcade cabs too. I reckon they would be more expensive to buy and restore than a console and big tv.
     
  19. beansontoast's Avatar

    beansontoast said:

    Default Re: Arcade Club, Bury

    I went to tilt in Birmingham at the weekend, it has about twenty pinball machines.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...
     
  20. unique72's Avatar

    unique72 said:

    Default Re: Arcade Club, Bury

    Hey guys,
    Thank you for the positive things you've said about Arcade Club
    Arcade Club is Based in Bury (BL9 7BW) and is now the largest arcade in Europe ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]), with over 250 original machines
    all machines use original CRT's and PCB's (no MAME or LCD's) we also service and repair everything in-house
    Surprisingly its also not run for profit! everything is fairly priced and you can stay as long as you like!
    The whole project is privately owned and has no corporate ties/sponsorship at all (probably why it works )

    if you have any questions please feel free to ask,

    Andy Palmer

    FB Link [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by unique72; 10th June 2017 at 04:22 PM. Reason: typo