Close

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Virmin media lasted 4 hours on my PC

Moved from BT on their 52 meg BB cos of price increase
    Phoned em up and told them I cannot afford the price fix and if they cant keep or lower my bills I was off
    they couldn't so I gave em my 30 days cancel period
    This ended this morning when I received my new virgin media setup
    once installed I had no connectivity
    3 tech phone calls later within about 3 hours they could not find the problem

pages would not display and took 2 or 3 attempts for them to load

They blamed it on all sorts of shiit including that I still had an account with them what bollox

I spent another 2 hours on the phone been sent all over virminmedia
    finally had enough and told this bint to cancel my contract to which she said
    "you don't have a contract sir"

so I said ok no worries so I can go elsewhere. She said "yes"

So now I have a brand new virgin hub 3 and all the bits sitting on my couch, I wonder if I can sell it on ebay lol

Later this evening I phoned up BT who I was with originally and explained that I was fishing for a better deal via the compare sites.
    I asked her if she could do better than the price hack originally that was put upon me. With a bit of twoing and throwing
    she offered me infinity 2 for £33 a month with a min download of 66 meg. average of 80/20.

I think I got a better deal now. as I would have got 52m for £31 with the price fix

I will not go back to virmin media as they lied about phoning me back from the first tech call
    and the fcking run around the departments they gave me

Thanks to Mickey

cyprus (12th March 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Virmin media lasted 4 hours on my PC

Have seen a lot round my way (East Anglia) moaning about leaving BT due to price increase allowing them to and Virgin absolutely fucking them over.
    Was in the news locally.

What a fucked opportunity on Virgins part the daft cunts.

I sort of get the impression Virgin seem to be struggling to hold the service together consistently ?!?!?

People love em and people hate em. I know that could be said of any company but it seems very Black and White with Virmin right now.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I tested the BB before I removed the router and things to the virmin setup

virgin was 52 meg advertised and BT was 52 meg also advertised. what I got was

Virgin 52 download but it was up and down on speedtest. and 3 meg upload which was also erratic
    BT was 50 download and was solid on speedtest and 9 meg upload which was also solid

No brainer really. If virminmedia cant sort out a new customer in the first few hours feck em

cant wait to see what infinity 2 brings for £2 more a month
    Last edited by Mickey; 12th March 2017 at 12:32 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh what a predicament, I'm paying 30 notes for 2meg adsl! Had virgin one a few years back at my old gaff, 30 quid a month Got a solid 40 mega at the time, couldn't knock the service then tbf.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    "That's why I fucked your bitch you fat mother fucker"

Thanks
    Karma Level

Obviously ISP customer service is retarded the world over.

For a long time I was on Primetel ADSL for which I was paying €35 for landline and 10Mbps. For here that's one of the cheaper packages!

Anyway, Cablenet Fibre was installed in my area so once my contract with Primetel expired, I informed Primetel I was leaving them.

A couple days later a Primetel rep from retentions calls me asking me why I'm leaving, I explained that Cablenet are in my area offering 50Mbps for €33 to which he started arguing how Primtels ADSL was better and more reliable and how Cablenet's speeds weren't stable. Also, you know you're dealing with a moron when they start bashing their competitors directly.

I was laughing at him asking how he could seriously compare €35 for 10Mbps vs €33 for 50Mbps. He then said he could do me a deal, €30 for 16Mbps. I told him he would have to do a lot better than that but he wasn't interested so I made the move.

Anyway, he was right about one thing, the 50Mbps speed isn't stable, it's more often than not a lot quicker. Cunts.

2 Thanks given to cyprus

Ashley (12th March 2017),  BigBrand (12th March 2017)  

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrand View Post
    Oh what a predicament, I'm paying 30 notes for 2meg adsl! Had virgin one a few years back at my old gaff, 30 quid a month Got a solid 40 mega at the time, couldn't knock the service then tbf.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    I`ll stick up some speedtests once I get it setup, been told is March 21nd

Thanks to Mickey

BigBrand (12th March 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

It really does impact life when you have shite broadband, everything is more difficult.

We can just about use Sky On Demand, but download SD only, not HD.

If one of us is on the WIFI the other can't be (like the day of you can't use the phone when you're on 56k internet modem dialling in LOL!)

I have a couple of media streaming services (Plex via Firestick) and Sportsmania for the live sport, all of which can stream in 720 & 1080p HD, yet I have to knock the quality down to 420p, shocking.

I wouldn't mind but BT the cunts won;'t even reduce the price for the lack of speed, I pay the same as someone on fibre!

Hope your speeds settle and you get a good run mate, VIRGIN have such an opportunity to take the market share, but just don't. Unreal missed business opportunity.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's funny when you think back and remember when broadband first came out and everybody got the same 512kbps.

Makes you all look like moaning cunts :-)

3 Thanks given to piggzy

BigBrand (12th March 2017),  cyprus (13th March 2017),  Mystical_2K (13th March 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks to BigBrand

piggzy (12th March 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    It's funny when you think back and remember when broadband first came out and everybody got the same 512kbps.

Makes you all look like moaning cunts :-)

Thanks to MHP

piggzy (12th March 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I personally have very few issues with Virmin, however when I have had a problem its been short lived (no service etc.) and fixed with a phone call or modem reset
    I pay £56 a month - Broadband (200MB), TV (plugged in but not used), Phone (not been plugged in for 8+ years)

Just done a speedtest this morning and getting the following:

so i definitely cant complain, sadly these days without a decent broadband connection it feels like your at a disadvantage
    the mrs loves iPlayer, ITV Player, catchup TV, IPTV box etc. so if the internet starts going strange I get a ton of shit, so im happy to pay more for a better connection

When we move (hopefully in the next 12 months) one of the things that is a must for me is the ability to have Virmin connected at the new place
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_2K View Post
    I personally have very few issues with Virmin, however when I have had a problem its been short lived (no service etc.) and fixed with a phone call or modem reset
    I pay £56 a month - Broadband (200MB), TV (plugged in but not used), Phone (not been plugged in for 8+ years)

Just done a speedtest this morning and getting the following:

so i definitely cant complain, sadly these days without a decent broadband connection it feels like your at a disadvantage
    the mrs loves iPlayer, ITV Player, catchup TV, IPTV box etc. so if the internet starts going strange I get a ton of shit, so im happy to pay more for a better connection

When we move (hopefully in the next 12 months) one of the things that is a must for me is the ability to have Virmin connected at the new place
    Holy fucking shit. WOW!