Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default So who will be a Scorpio adopter at launch ??? 6 months to go.

So will any of you lot be queuing up to get the Scorpio at launch. According to MS it is about 6 months away. Rumoured for Oct/Nov launch.

https://www.slashgear.com/xbox-proje...-psu-14478623/

They are still quoting a "Premium Price" without a hint so I can tell you I'm out

Would love one mainly as it rumoured to be getting a HoloLens addon / integration .

To be fair I am not 4k ready so pointless for me but I know a fair few of you lot are.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: So who will be a Scorpio adopter at launch ??? 6 months to go.

Yep - I'll be on it. Don't know if I'll be queuing up though I'm a bit too old for that but might rope my son into camping out with me just for shits and giggles.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks to EvilBoB

piggzy (15th March 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoB View Post
    Yep - I'll be on it. Don't know if I'll be queuing up though I'm a bit too old for that but might rope my son into camping out with me just for shits and giggles.
    So what are you anticipating will be it's launch price give or take ???

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I would like one as im all setup for 4K at the moment but I dont think i will be an early adopter, im really happy with the Xbox One S i have at the moment and see no major reason to upgrade.

As for the price I am guessing its gonna be around £450-500 at launch, the technology your getting for that price is good but im not feeling the need to jump in straight away.

The Xbox is used for everything, watching TV, Games, Plex, Emby, Netflix, Amazon Video etc. and its used the least for games, as much as I would love to see something like Fallout 4 in 4K with upgraded textures etc. I am more than happy with how the Games look on the Xbox at the moment

Just my 2p
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks to Mystical_2K

piggzy (15th March 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_2K View Post
    I would like one as im all setup for 4K at the moment but I dont think i will be an early adopter, im really happy with the Xbox One S i have at the moment and see no major reason to upgrade.

As for the price I am guessing its gonna be around £450-500 at launch, the technology your getting for that price is good but im not feeling the need to jump in straight away.

The Xbox is used for everything, watching TV, Games, Plex, Emby, Netflix, Amazon Video etc. and its used the least for games, as much as I would love to see something like Fallout 4 in 4K with upgraded textures etc. I am more than happy with how the Games look on the Xbox at the moment

Just my 2p
    Yeah that's pretty much my mind set. The entire TV experience is all via the XBOX One atm and strangely less of it is gaming. Sky GO Extra app or whatever its called, Plex, Emby... pretty much same as you.
    I get to go on Fallout 4, Far Cry 4 etc when kids go to bed but by the time that happens I game for an hour if I'm lucky. I usually have to kick the Mrs of this fucking awful game called Stardew Valley ..

Course I would love a Scorpio but it would be a waste of money for me.

I am just chomping at the bit to see what MS do in the pairing of the Scorpio with some form of the HoloLens. Then I will make it not a waste of money ;-)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I play xbox in my man cave on a 1080p projector. I can't see myself using anything smaller for gaming any time soon and 4k projectors are quite expensive at the moment.

Unless it looks like I'm playing on ultra settings with 60fps at 1080p I'm out. For what it's worth I'm more than happy with the Xbox one graphics so it really has to wow me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I only upgraded from a PS3 to an Xbox One S in January this year. I've always regarded gaming as one of my favourite hobbies/pastimes but I've definitely mellowed with age. Also finding the time to sit and have a solid 3 hour session is almost impossible these days. The most I can manage is about an hour for the same reason as piggzy, baby is in bed at 8, missus watches TV until 9 if not later, so I have to force myself to stay awake if I want a decent session but then suffer in the morning.

As for the Scorpio, I haven't even bothered to read up on it, that's how far away I am from purchasing one. All I know is that it's a Microsoft console with 4k. With my One S and soon to be hacked original XBOX I don't think I will be buying any new hardware for at least another 4 years and even then it will have to be a "deal" on the current gen console, so probably a Scorpio.

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I just hope that games still keep coming out for the Xbox One, my kids bought me a One S for xmas so I hope developers don't drop the Xbox One as quick as they did the 360!

Cheapreefer on instagram

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ss30 View Post
    I just hope that games still keep coming out for the Xbox One, my kids bought me a One S for xmas so I hope developers don't drop the Xbox One as quick as they did the 360!
    Microsoft have announced that they have stipulated to developers they must produce games for both the Scorpio AND One or MS will not publish.

2 Thanks given to piggzy

Mystical_2K (16th March 2017),  ss30 (16th March 2017)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Microsoft have announced that they have stipulated to developers they must produce games for both the Scorpio AND One or MS will not publish.
    All good then

Cheapreefer on instagram

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

That sounds good and im glad thats the way they are taking it, however I just hope that each game is optimised for the platform and not just a case of: "Turn on all the fancy features for Scorpio and just turn them off for Xbox one" rather than actually doing the work to get the most out of each version.

it pissed me off years ago when I saw this at the game company I used to work for, however not as much as charging people for digital downloads that were on the disc already, the DLC consisted of an .ini file that downloaded and unlocked the content from the disc - that really wound me up
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep I will be buying don't care price will have one, xbox is my iphone #* I always want the newest xbox and accessories ;-)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It takes years to get the most out of the consoles, will prob hold fire for a year. Happy with my Xbox One S. Not got a 4k tv yet

Thanks
    Karma Level

I only got the One S just before Christmas, it's good enough for me.
    Ooh, ooh, ooh, the funky gibbon.

Thanks
    Karma Level

http://www.isportstimes.com/articles...case-title.htm

Maybe released in November but prob December and Assassins Creed as launch title :-0 Also £350-400 in price which is similar to the xbox one/Ps4 when they were first released so am sure why getting touted as expensive?

2 Thanks given to akimba

moonrat (31st March 2017),  piggzy (31st March 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I will probably get one at launch as I am a sucker for new stuff but not sure where MS are going - all the new games they are making available on PC so not sure why i would need both pc and scorpio?
    Dearth of new games / new ip's are killing them for me now - I have had a couple of xone s's and have got rid and gone for a dedicated UHD player as it was all I was using them for.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's the whole 'Play Anywhere' thing.

You buy certain games on the One or PC and get it for free on the other platform.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It's the whole 'Play Anywhere' thing.

You buy certain games on the One or PC and get it for free on the other platform.
    Yeah I get the play anywhere thing - I have a pc so there is zero incentive for me to get a scorpio - I can play all MS games on my pc why would I need a console that will play them less well?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by prezzy View Post
    Yeah I get the play anywhere thing - I have a pc so there is zero incentive for me to get a scorpio - I can play all MS games on my pc why would I need a console that will play them less well?
    Its down to preference . I have a gaming rig but prefer to veg out on the couch and there is no way a PC would be allowed in the living room :-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its down to preference . I have a gaming rig but prefer to veg out on the couch and there is no way a PC would be allowed in the living room :-)
    Totally agree, the last game I played on a PC was Unreal Tournament and I stopped playing after that because I work on the PC so sitting at the PC feels like I'm working, although it may not still be the case but I found every game I got for the PC started to become a pain in the arse having to check if everything on your PC was up to running it, feeling you were losing something if yes it would work but you could not run it at the super duper top specs as you didn't have a wizzban shit hot graphics card and more ram than you had, having to get a patch quite often to get it to run as the graphics card you had would not work or some shit.

I went totally to console as I just wanted to stick a disk in and play, this has changed quite a lot and so often you are starting a game only to see a screen saying this game needs an update which is stupid size as the programmers are too fucking lazy to rip out all the repetitive shit and just overwrite large sections rather than selectively patching in the changes, patches for console games is both a good and bad thing, it means you don't have to live with the flaws and glitches finalised when the disk was pressed but it also means now they are more than happy to release flawed and incomplete games knowing they can force numerous patches on you to finally give you the game that should have been on release.

I probably delete 150 console war posts a day but I think the whole point is always missed as it is never what is the best gaming system it is what is the best gaming system for you and what system allows me to play with my friends.

2 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

piggzy (2nd April 2017),  prezzy (7th April 2017)  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast