Bladder Cancer

Thread: Bladder Cancer

  1. ss30's Avatar

    ss30 said:

    Default Re: Bladder Cancer

    Hope you get it sorted and all goes well.
     
  2. CzarJunkie's Avatar

    CzarJunkie said:

    Default Re: Bladder Cancer

    Best of luck mate. If you want to increase the chances that the cancer will grow more slowly and minimise the chances of it spreading then I'd recommend a vegan diet. Lots of fresh vegetables, beans/legumes, whole grains, fruit etc., ideally eating 50% or more of your diet raw. Aim for at least 10-15 portions of fruit and veg a day, with most of it being veg. If you have trouble eating that amount, make smoothies. Ensure the veg are of various colours, as that ensures you get the maximum amount of antioxidants and phytonutrients. Herbs and spices are great too, such as turmeric etc.

    A good website with information on nutrition and cancer is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
     
  3. ilscuro's Avatar

    ilscuro said:

    Default Re: Bladder Cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    Best of luck mate. If you want to increase the chances that the cancer will grow more slowly and minimise the chances of it spreading then I'd recommend a vegan diet. Lots of fresh vegetables, beans/legumes, whole grains, fruit etc., ideally eating 50% or more of your diet raw. Aim for at least 10-15 portions of fruit and veg a day, with most of it being veg. If you have trouble eating that amount, make smoothies. Ensure the veg are of various colours, as that ensures you get the maximum amount of antioxidants and phytonutrients. Herbs and spices are great too, such as turmeric etc.

    A good website with information on nutrition and cancer is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Great advice mate thank you, funnily enough i have already started with the veg and fruit smoothies, the only meat i eat is chicken, never really been a fan of red meat.

    I think i will start adding fish to my diet too.
     
  4. Hippie on hill's Avatar

    Hippie on hill said:

    Default Re: Bladder Cancer

    Aww that sucks m8.

    The docs advice sounds positive tho. I hope it works out for you as planned and they cut it all out first go m8.
     
  5. prezzy's Avatar

    prezzy said:

    Default Re: Bladder Cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    Best of luck mate. If you want to increase the chances that the cancer will grow more slowly and minimise the chances of it spreading then I'd recommend a vegan diet. Lots of fresh vegetables, beans/legumes, whole grains, fruit etc., ideally eating 50% or more of your diet raw. Aim for at least 10-15 portions of fruit and veg a day, with most of it being veg. If you have trouble eating that amount, make smoothies. Ensure the veg are of various colours, as that ensures you get the maximum amount of antioxidants and phytonutrients. Herbs and spices are great too, such as turmeric etc.

    A good website with information on nutrition and cancer is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Good shit is this - unrelated to your cancer but for the last 6 months or so I have been eating pretty much nothing but salads / vegetables all raw uncooked maybe a cooked chicken breast or a grilled sirloin steak a couple of nights a week as well but have never felt better - return to eating loads of bread and shite for a couple of days and I feel awful totally slow and fucked.

     
  6. ceet12's Avatar

    ceet12 said:

    Default Re: Bladder Cancer

    I'm sorry to hear your going through this pal. My thoughts are with you. Take care
     
  7. BIG-TED's Avatar

    BIG-TED said:

    Default Re: Bladder Cancer

    Hope its all ok. The fear of the unknown is a fecker. I went with a lump on my testes last year but was just a cyst. As repeated above hope its nothing more than a cut and shut case, your sorted and back to good health fast.

    Ted
    Run your wife a nice hot bath, light some candles & pour some wine. Then you've at least 40 mins on the xbox plus a clean wife.

    Experts... x is an unknown quantity and spurt is a fast drip.
     
  8. Ganty's Avatar

    Ganty said:

    Default Re: Bladder Cancer

    Bad news mate, but sounds like the prognosis is good. Wishing you all the best.

    @Czar and Prezzy - sounds intersting, new thread worthy. Would love to hear your experiences.
     
  9. crazyal's Avatar

    crazyal said:

    Default Re: Bladder Cancer

    Shit news but sounds like you'll soon be in the clear - here's to a 100% recovery. All the best chap.
     
  10. akimba's Avatar

    akimba said:

    Default Re: Bladder Cancer

    All the best dude ;-) and as CzarJunkie says "Eat your Greens" ;-)
     
  11. chesser's Avatar

    chesser said:

    Default Re: Bladder Cancer

    All the best matey, fingers crossed for you.
     
  12. tips's Avatar

    tips said:

    Default Re: Bladder Cancer

    All the best with this m8, and hope that your back to full health ASAP.
     
  13. CallmeGoose's Avatar

    CallmeGoose said:

    Default Re: Bladder Cancer

    just seen this post. hope your ok mate, if you need to chat then your in my neck of the woods so drop me a PM
     
  14. ilscuro's Avatar

    ilscuro said:

    Default Re: Bladder Cancer

    Thanks to everyone who has replied

    I've just had the results of my CT scan on my kidneys etc, and all is fine thank god.

    So it's just the small tumour to be removed on the 12th of April.

    @CJ i've been on a fresh/raw veg and fruit diet since your post and to be honest i feel great, it's playing havoc with my toilet habit though i'm have 3 shits a day lol
     
  15. akimba's Avatar

    akimba said:

    Default Re: Bladder Cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    @CJ i've been on a fresh/raw veg and fruit diet since your post and to be honest i feel great, it's playing havoc with my toilet habit though i'm have 3 shits a day lol
    More time for Candy Crush, win win ;-)
     
  16. ilscuro's Avatar

    ilscuro said:

    Default Re: Bladder Cancer

    Update

    Had my operation on Wednesday, surgeon told me later that she had removed all the tumour, and now i just have to wait for the results of the tests.

    I was told that for the majority of men this op is all that's needed, with no further treatment needed, so i'm praying that's the case for me too.
     
  17. DJ Overdose's Avatar

    DJ Overdose said:

    Default Re: Bladder Cancer

    Sounds good dude. Here's hoping that's the end of it.


    DJ OD
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  18. BIG-TED's Avatar

    BIG-TED said:

    Default Re: Bladder Cancer

    Fingers crossed mate, that's it done and put it to bed.

    Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
    Run your wife a nice hot bath, light some candles & pour some wine. Then you've at least 40 mins on the xbox plus a clean wife.

    Experts... x is an unknown quantity and spurt is a fast drip.
     
  19. ss30's Avatar

    ss30 said:

    Default Re: Bladder Cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    Update

    Had my operation on Wednesday, surgeon told me later that she had removed all the tumour, and now i just have to wait for the results of the tests.

    I was told that for the majority of men this op is all that's needed, with no further treatment needed, so i'm praying that's the case for me too.
    Fingers crossed