Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: London: Major Incident Happening

Don't worry guys, the'We stand with London' memes are already festering, Bob Geldof is rousing the music industry and a concert will be announced shortly. #RunHideTell will make most of the population who haven't got a scooby who the IRA were, feel warm and fuzzy! Politician's will offer condolences and state 'lesson's have been learned'...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Daughter fine thank fuck she's walking home with friends said armed police everywhere.
    she lives at the rear of oxford street so not far for her to go but scary as fuck!

amount of assholes claiming on twitter girlfrined on London Bridge please retweet what flicking assholes want attention at a time like this?

people have been killed ffs.
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

10 Thanks given to Teajunkie

BertRoot (4th June 2017),  DavidF (4th June 2017),  DJ OD (4th June 2017),  evilsatan (4th June 2017),  GTI (4th June 2017),  ilscuro (4th June 2017),  maltloaf (5th June 2017),  MHP (4th June 2017),  Over Carl (4th June 2017),  Rhinoz (4th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Plenty of special snowflakes on twitter, proclaiming not to blame muslims.... Nice sentiment but there's plenty of gobshites on social media..

Aside from the events themselves, other shit things are all the racist nutters going on one and the government putting some
    knee jerk law in or some stupid security overkill somewhere...

That shit worries me.

The way the pollips are acting gives me the impressive there might be a bomb. Proper organised evac of the area.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MHP View Post
    Don't worry guys, the'We stand with London' memes are already festering, Bob Geldof is rousing the music industry and a concert will be announced shortly. #RunHideTell will make most of the population who haven't got a scooby who the IRA were, feel warm and fuzzy! Politician's will offer condolences and state 'lesson's have been learned'...
    Pray do tell what YOU would do ? Nuke someone ? Ban some people from entering the country ? Im a bit uptight just now same as lots of us but yes I would love to know who has found the answer because you will recieve sainthood, knighthood and the nobelpeace prize if you actually offer an alternative...other than something positive that's not been thought of already then i find it a shame th\at you criticize people responding to others plight in many of the many ways in which human being show empathy with others in need.

Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC News London Bridge: Police evacuate bar after incident

[unable to retrieve full-text content]
    Police enter a bar at London Bridge and customers take cover in footage posted on Twitter.

BBC News

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    Plenty of special snowflakes on twitter, proclaiming not to blame muslims.... Nice sentiment but there's plenty of gobshites on social media..

Aside from the events themselves, other shit things are all the racist nutters going on one and the government putting some
    knee jerk law in or some stupid security overkill somewhere...

That shit worries me.

The way the pollips are acting gives me the impressive there might be a bomb. Proper organised evac of the area.

DJ OD
    You know fine well tat banning Kodi will sort this out once and for all.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    I find it a shame that you criticise people responding to others plight in many of the many ways in which human being show empathy with others in need.
    David, I don't profess to have the answers... However, going to a concert, tweeting, texting and using Facebook overlay's seems to be pretty light weight. Politician's condemning the act .....Please I've heard it all before! It seems to me that when these events happen its all about placating as many people as possible. Everyone wants to be reassured.... It's the old question...In a tolerant society, how do you deal with intolerance....

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

We were up the road by Liverpool Street when it happened, sirens and police everywhere, we were just about to make our way home. Last night they were saying it was being led by the police rather than intelligence agencies and as it broke it seemed it was 3 co-ordinated attacks until it turned out the attackers from the bridge moved to the market and Vauxhall was unrelated.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The initial reports said the driver of the van had been arrested, led away with his shirt off in handcuffs. Now it's just 3 terrorists dead and no others involved.

Odd
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

2 Thanks given to GTI

Ganty (4th June 2017),  Over Carl (4th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    The initial reports said the driver of the van had been arrested, led away with his shirt off in handcuffs. Now it's just 3 terrorists dead and no others involved.

Odd
    Yup, very odd. This shoot to kill policy really helps the false flag brigade's cause.

Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC News London attack: Seven killed in van and knife incidents

The death toll has risen to seven, with 48 others injured, after the London terror attack in which three suspects were shot dead by police.
    A white van hit pedestrians on London Bridge at about 22:00 BST on Saturday, then three men got out and stabbed people in nearby Borough Market.
    Police said the three men were wearing fake bomb vests.
    One of those hurt is a police officer who was stabbed after going to help. His injuries are not life-threatening.
    Most political parties have suspended national general election campaigning in light of the attack, but UKIP leader Paul Nuttall said he would carry on because that was "precisely what extremists would want us to do".
    The prime minister has chaired a meeting of the government's Cobra emergency committee and is expected to make a statement shortly.
    Let's block ads! (Why?)

BBC News

Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC News London attack: Parties suspend election campaigning

The Conservatives, Labour, the SNP and the Greens have suspended their national election campaigns in the wake of a terrorist attack in London.
    A Conservative Party spokesman said: "We will review as the day goes on and as more details of the attack emerge."
    The Tories will campaign at a local level, with other parties expected to follow suit.
    UKIP are not suspending their campaign as leader Paul Nuttall said that was "what the extremists would want".
    A white van hit pedestrians on London Bridge at about 22:00 BST on Saturday, then three men got out and stabbed people in nearby Borough Market. Seven people have been killed and three attackers were shot dead by police.
    The prime minister is returning to Whitehall to meet senior ministers and security chiefs in the government's emergency Cobra committee.
    Theresa May said: "Our thoughts are with those who are caught up in these dreadful events."
    She is due to make a statement from Downing Street at 10:00 BST.
    Home Secretary Amber Rudd said: "This was an horrific attack in the heart of our capital city, targeted at people enjoying their evening with friends and family. My thoughts are with the victims and all those affected by this incident."
    She also thanked police and emergency services for their work.
    Labour Leader Jeremy Corbyn said: "We are all shocked and horrified by the brutal attacks in London. My thoughts are with the families and friends of those who have died and the many who have been injured.
    "Today, we will all grieve for their loss."
    He said the pause in election activities was "a mark of respect for those who have died and suffered injury", adding: "Those who wish to harm our people, divide our communities and attack our democracy will not succeed."
    A spokesperson for the SNP said: "All of our thoughts are with those affected by the dreadful events in London... It is important - especially so close to an election - that the terrorists do not succeed in their attempts to undermine our democracy."
    The Labour mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, said more police would be on the street on Sunday. He stressed the importance of Thursday's general election, arguing for "making sure that we vote and we recognise actually that one of the things these terrorists hate is voting, they hate democracy".
    Green Party co-leader Caroline Lucas said: My heart goes out to all those affected and caught up in these horrific and despicable attacks, and my thoughts are with the victims and their families."
    BBC One's Andrew Marr Show and BBC Two's Sunday Politics have both been cancelled.
    Let's block ads! (Why?)

BBC News

Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC News London attack: How it unfolded

[unable to retrieve full-text content]
    Seven people are dead and over 40 injured, after three people launched a van and knife attack.

BBC News

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sadiq Khan is fucking useless...

Theresa May saying 'enough is enough'. Really? What are you going to do, there's nothing you can do. No doubt internet privacy will go more to shit. More blaming of muslims by the redneck brigade. No, were not letting terrorism win.

If they pipe up again about the three men being known, blah blah blah I will be pissed. Nick the fuckers before they do something. Nice the react quick to stop them, but they need to be preventing attacks. Not saying they don't, but anyone even remotely suspicious needs investigation in this climate.

The Muslim community needs to also step up and highlight anyone remotely suspicious as well. After all they are more likely to be unwittingly associating with them.

Lets hope some doors get kicked in this week. Or there likely will be more attacks, once the needle cocked isis wannabes see how easy it is to disrupt status quo.

DJ OD

2 Thanks given to DJ OD

MHP (4th June 2017),  Over Carl (4th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

No doubt internet privacy will go more to shit.
    Yep, she's already said as much. Funny, as campaigning was supposed to stop today.

Also funny that regulation is now supported by the Tories, as I recall a certain David Cameron rejecting media regulation after the Leveson report (and everyone else) suggested it.

Theresa May says the internet must now be regulated following London Bridge terror attack

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7771896.html

Thanks
    Karma Level

Something I have not heard mentioned by anyone is that if this attack had happened in any other European country or the USA they would have jumped out of the back of the vans with AK47's, we have strict gun control, have no land boarder so it is not only harder to smuggle a weapon and ammunition into the UK they are not easy to get hold and it is also very difficult to conceal and transport weapons.

You are not going to stop all attacks like this EVER no matter how many controls and restrictions you put on the people but you can limit the damage, reduce the amount of attacks and stop more before they start but this will never be done by finger pointing, restricting and alienating Muslim communities, these people are not Muslims or non Muslims they are terrorist scum who will kill anyone who is not with them and have already killed over 100,000 Muslims.

9 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

c0axial (4th June 2017),  DavidF (4th June 2017),  evilsatan (4th June 2017),  Fear345 (4th June 2017),  flumperino (4th June 2017),  maltloaf (5th June 2017),  MHP (4th June 2017),  Over Carl (4th June 2017),  piggzy (4th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    Something I have not heard mentioned by anyone is that if this attack had happened in any other European country or the USA they would have jumped out of the back of the vans with AK47's
    I said exactly the same thing to my wife.
    Any other country there would have been 100's dead not 7. Luckily we don't have the access to guns here like other countries.

and still all over twitter last night Americans were posting how they would have stopped it with guns. (Civilians armed is never a good idea)
    Last edited by Teajunkie; 4th June 2017 at 03:18 PM.
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post

Odd
    Reminds me of the Manchester attack. Loads of eye witnesses saying they heard gunshots, but official story has no mention of guns. Also pretty strange.

Theresa May saying 'enough is enough'. Really? What are you going to do, there's nothing you can do. No doubt internet privacy will go more to shit. More blaming of muslims by the redneck brigade. No, were not letting terrorism win.
    I found her stance outrageous. All the major parties agree to sacrifice a day's worth of campaigning due to these terrible events, but in my opinion making statements like that at a time like this basically is campaigning. So everyone else thought the would show a day's respect to the dead and wounded, May agreed but U-turned at the first possible opportunity.

And I will agree that terrorism breeds more terrorism, and stronger sentences should be applied to those involved. Lets start with Blair then. Funny how all these timelines I see on news articles pick random points to start. The reality is we started this shit by participating in the War of Terror in the Middle East. The first step to reducing Islamic terrorist sympathies here is making amends for our acts of terrorism. If we just keep trying to point the finger of blame at them, that will just continue to fuel the fire.
    Last edited by Over Carl; 4th June 2017 at 07:08 PM.

Thanks to Over Carl

flumperino (4th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sadiq Khan is fucking useless...
    He totally owns Chump with this reply though

trump khan.JPG

Literally fuck off, I'm busy Mayor-ing (or whatever the fuck they do)
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks to GTI

Over Carl (4th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Plenty of reports of the three knife wielders getting killed but what of the driver? No mention of him in the news today and focus seems to be on the fact that they were all shot.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast