Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: London: Major Incident Happening

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    Plenty of reports of the three knife wielders getting killed but what of the driver? No mention of him in the news today and focus seems to be on the fact that they were all shot.
    The initial report was filed by Holly Jones from the BBC, but in later reports she's completely shtum on that point

BBC reporter Holly Jones, who was on the bridge at the time of the incident, said the van was driven by a man and was "probably travelling at about 50 miles an hour".
    About five people were being treated for injuries after the vehicle mounted the pavement and hit them, she said. Ms Jones later reported seeing a man being arrested by police. She said he was handcuffed and had his shirt off.
    He's probably on a plane to Bagram air base for advanced interrogation and thats why they're not telling us anything.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

2 Thanks given to GTI

Over Carl (4th June 2017),  piggzy (4th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Forget your tin foil hats and crop circles but I am increasingly suspicious of this recent attack for many reasons.

I have literally wrote and deleted lines of this post about 5 times now. The above is all I am left with.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Pretty good, the true state of our armed police & note the need for the half-replacement of standard police force:

https://youtu.be/oL_caM_uyrU
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

3 Thanks given to beansontoast

Bald Bouncer (5th June 2017),  mij (5th June 2017),  Over Carl (5th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC News London attack: Police 'know identities of killers'

Police investigating Saturday night's terror attack in London say they know the identity of the three attackers who killed seven people and injured 48.
    The Metropolitan Police said their names would be released "as soon as operationally possible".
    A van hit pedestrians on London Bridge at 21:58 BST on Saturday before the men stabbed a number of people in Borough Market. They were shot dead by police.
    The so-called Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
    Twelve people have been arrested in Barking, east London, after raids at a flat which is believed to be the home of one of the attackers. A 55-year-old man has since been released without charge.
    Controlled explosions were carried out at the property in Barking during the raids on Sunday morning.
    Meanwhile, the first victim of the attack has been named as Canadian national Chrissy Archibald.
    A statement from her family said she "believed strongly that every person was to be valued and respected".
    It added that Ms Archibald had worked in a homeless shelter until she moved to Europe to be with her fiancé.
    It has also emerged that two people said they had warned the police about the behaviour of one of the attackers.
    Speaking to the BBC's Asian Network, an unnamed man said one of the attackers had become more extreme over the past two years.
    "We spoke about a particular attack that happened and like most radicals he had a justification for anything - everything and anything.
    "And that day I realised that I need to contact the authorities," he said.
    He said no action was taken.
    "I did my bit... but the authorities didn't do their bit".
    Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said 36 people were in hospital with a "range of injuries" and 21 were in a critical condition.
    Four police officers who tried to stop the attack were among those injured, two of them seriously.
    Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has confirmed four of the country's nationals had been caught up in the attack.
    Two, Candice Hedge from Brisbane and Andrew Morrison from Darwin, are among the injured after both were stabbed.
    Media playback is unsupported on your device

Among the other developments:

• Prime Minister Theresa May will chair a meeting of the government's emergency committee Cobra on Monday morning
    • Both London Bridge rail and Tube stations will reopen on Monday from around 05:00 BST but the rail station will be exit only until at least 08:00 BST.
    • Police said the cordon in the area of the attack would remain in place "well into Monday" adding people would not be able to access their properties until it was lifted
    • There will be a minute's silence on Tuesday at 11:00 BST in remembrance of those who lost their lives and all others affected by the attacks
    • A French national was killed and seven others wounded, including four with serious injuries according to foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian. One French national is still missing
    • The Met Police has set up a casualty bureau on 0800 096 1233 and 020 7158 0197 for people concerned about friends or relatives

Eyewitnesses described a van travelling at high speed along London Bridge, hitting pedestrians, before crashing close to the Barrowboy and Banker pub.
    The white Renault van used was recently hired by one of the attackers, Mr Rowley said.
    It is the third terror attack in the UK in three months, following the car and knife attack on Westminster Bridge in March, in which five people were killed, and the Manchester bombing less than two weeks ago, in which 22 people were killed.
    Theresa May condemned the attack after chairing a meeting of the Cobra committee. She said it was "time to say enough is enough" and end the UK's "tolerance" of extremism.
    The prime minister said full campaigning would resume on Monday after most political parties suspended national general election campaigning.
    She confirmed Thursday's election would go ahead as planned.
    In a speech, Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn backed the police to use "whatever force is necessary" to save lives.
    London Mayor Sadiq Khan said the capital remained the "safest global city" and would not be cowed by terrorism.
    US President Donald Trump, who sparked an international row after seemingly misinterpreting Mr Khan's earlier comment that Londoners had "no reason to be alarmed", said on Sunday the killings were an "evil slaughter".
    He added that the US would do everything it could to assist the UK to catch those responsible.

New normal: Dominic Casciani, BBC home affairs correspondent

With three attacks in three months, terrorism against soft targets is beginning to feel, to some people, like the new normal.
    The brutal reality is that this kind of threat is absolutely typical of what jihadists sought to achieve in all their attacks across Europe.
    Since 2013 security services in the UK have foiled 18 plots. A large proportion of those have involved suspects who set out to commit acts of violence similar to the attack on Westminster Bridge and London Bridge.
    Plans to use bombs, such as at Manchester Arena, are rarer because plotters need to have the technical skills for such an appalling attack - but attacking people with cars and knives is far easier and has long been encouraged by so-called Islamic State and other jihadists.
    The aim of the three attackers last night is abundantly clear - not only did they want to kill, but they wanted to lose their own lives.
    They would've known full well that attacking people in the street would draw armed police in their direction and the fake bomb belts they were wearing would, in their own warped minds, hasten their demise.

Were you in the area? Have you seen what has happened? If you are willing to do so, share with us by emailing haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk.
    Please include a contact number if you are willing to speak to a BBC journalist. You can also contact us in the following ways:

Let's block ads! (Why?)

BBC News

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Forget your tin foil hats and crop circles but I am increasingly suspicious of this recent attack for many reasons.

I have literally wrote and deleted lines of this post about 5 times now. The above is all I am left with.
    I agree and have done the same many times.

I often tell people to read the history of our governments and services to see what has been done many times in our past, and you will quickly come to the conclusion that anything is possible.

Thanks to mij

piggzy (5th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mij View Post
    I agree and have done the same many times.

I often tell people to read the history of our governments and services to see what has been done many times in our past, and you will quickly come to the conclusion that anything is possible.
    Intrigued to know what you both suspect the conspiracy is here. Please elaborate.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Id like to hear it as well .

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think its the insinuation for May to really press on the internet/communication snooping with the latest affairs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ashtech View Post
    I think its the insinuation for May to really press on the internet/communication snooping with the latest affairs.
    Well that's a given. Any excuses to encourage/enhace the snoopers charter will be pushed through in no time at all. Essentially any addtitional security measures put in place will inconvenience the general public and allow the authorities to check up on everything they do. Invading privacy more and more... Which is a shame, because we know this is exactly the the government wants and it won't make a difference to terrorism in the slightest.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think it is possible (not saying the government are involved in the actual attacks) that it would help the Conservatives immensely on more than one agenda.
    I suspect and not talking about this attack , that higher up the food chain the powers that be may turn a blind eye to intelligence that in effect allows something to happen that could work ultimately in their favour.

I sound like a complete nut job I know, but this sort of thing has happened for hundreds of years, but we assume our modern civilized governments would never be part of such callous acts !!
    People are greedy and power corrupts.

How many acts of terrorism around the world all fall in the days and weeks before a major vote/election or government proposal that is quickly strengthened by fear and hysteria?

Not a complete conspiracy theorist :-) But I do think False Flags happen sadly.

Thanks to piggzy

DJ OD (6th June 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: London Attack: Major Incident Happend

As above it helps many agendas.

I also wonder what they would do to ensure Corbyn doesn't gain power, if he does maybe a similar plot to the one that the great and good were going to use to get rid of the Harold Wilson government about 40 years ago.

2 Thanks given to mij

DJ OD (6th June 2017),  piggzy (6th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you look in enough places you will find a conspiracy theory for everything.

Let's not forget that aside from any potential agenda or radicalism innocent people were killed and are still being killed. Look through history and it's full of similar stories and remember that the history books are written by the winners of wars.

Got into work this morning and on the TV was yet another cowardly attack - this time the other side of the world : http://digital-forums.com/showthread...errorist-Seige

I remember the IRA attacks when I was growing up and was involved in a few bomb scares. The nail bomb attack in Soho, London was on my birthday around the corner from where my party was to be held only 30 minutes later and many people died that day too. If you want to read about conspiracies try http://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy but we should all remember the dead and the brave police and public that blindly ran to assist them.

Murder is murder - some people just try to hide behind a cause.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

3 Thanks given to EvilBoB

MHP (23rd June 2017),  piggzy (6th June 2017),  plug1 (6th June 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree, but if you look in enough places you will find that we have often been lied to as well

The fact that people die on all sides doesn't change the facts, as sad as it is.

Thanks to mij

EvilBoB (6th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm up there with the tin foil hat posse, but I can't see this having anything to do with the UK Erection. Yes governments co-ordinate some mental things for the "greater good", but this sort of thing is a bit too uncontrollable for our government to manage.

What's annoying is they "knew" them all before, as it's now come out and I already knew they fkin would say it, cunts. Allowing something to "maybe" happen isn't really orchestrating it.

Was on a C4 documentary on Jihadi's ffs... why every cunt in that program and all their friends and family, weren't immediately incarcerated and interrogated i don't know. Our gov is trying too hard to be a good guy, and not upset anyone. Well wake the fuck up guys and grow some balls.

Think of all the racism the police could get away with now in the name of preventing terrorism...

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

One of the lessons we learnt from Northern Ireland is that internment of IRA suspects did absolutely nothing to stop the attacks. On the contrary it acting as an excellent recruiting sergeant as men and women flocked to its ranks to fight the injustice.

Ultimately, London’s obsession with a ‘swift exit’ led to the introduction of internment without trial which – when implemented in August 1971 – shattered the image of the British government and supplied the IRA with more recruits than it had ever had since the Anglo-Irish war of independence in 1919-21.
    Source
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

3 Thanks given to GTI

Bald Bouncer (6th June 2017),  Ganty (6th June 2017),  rmj2663 (6th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was listening to radio and heard protests were kicking off around the council office, then also near downing street until approx. 5 pm yesterday.

When I heard this I planned to gather a few friends and join in.

From approx. 6pm onwards, it was virtually impossible to get any real live updates anywhere on the internet or radio anumore. Tried to gather a few friends together but ended up going myself to the supposed protest at Downing Dt at approx. 2300, but at that time it seemed to have finished and all that was left was a group of approx. 8 teenagers.

All along the way I saw trucks with very long trailers with what looked like concrete barriers on the back.

From the news this afternoon, I was expecting Poll Tax Riots v2, unless something spectacular happens I still think that could happen very soon.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had this tragedy been thrown into the election mix, the government would have fallen and rightly so.

The difference between Jeremy Corbyn and Theresa May's visits to Grenfell tower in two pictures?

I know its just gesture politics, but this picture is symptomatic of the Tory government today, arrogant and disconnected from the people they are elected to represent. I am just so happy that Kensington now has a Labour MP (the first in its history) who will be a terrier in the House of Commons, finding out answers and making sure her constituents are taken care of.
    -Benjamin Franklin

2 Thanks given to GTI

Bald Bouncer (17th June 2017),  piggzy (17th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

This picture is the epitome of Theresa May's premiership. She should resign in utter disgrace.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Think the concrete bollards are the ongoing operation to make the bridges safer...I hope that this don't boil up into riots because the conservatives and their media mates are just praying for a excuse to come down hard on these people. You can feel it in their commentary imho.

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk
    Er a part time bad poker player was ere:bomb:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    Had this tragedy been thrown into the election mix, the government would have fallen and rightly so.

The difference between Jeremy Corbyn and Theresa May's visits to Grenfell tower in two pictures?

I know its just gesture politics, but this picture is symptomatic of the Tory government today, arrogant and disconnected from the people they are elected to represent. I am just so happy that Kensington now has a Labour MP (the first in its history) who will be a terrier in the House of Commons, finding out answers and making sure her constituents are taken care of.
    And sky news discussion this morning reminding people that this is a Labour area.....Outright lie of course because it is a conservative government and council....the council is dominated by conservatives....So imho the buck stops with them both for the cause of the fire and the woefully inadequate response to people's needs right now.

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk
    Er a part time bad poker player was ere:bomb:

Thanks to DavidF

Over Carl (17th June 2017)  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast