Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wanker Ebay Chinese sellers

Aghhhhh!!!!!

Why does Ebay allow these cunts to pretend they are in Europe? In my case it was a pair of lipo batteries for an RC aircraft which I though was coming from Berlin. The advert was in German, it stated fast two day DHL shipping and yet the fucking item arrives from China 2 weeks later and with a bill from customs (which they will refund if you send them a scan). Its only when I clicked on feedback I can see that the company was founded in China 2 years ago.

I have no problems with Chinese sellers who are upfront an honest about it, and give you realistic delivery dates + warning that you may be charged customs fees, but to pretend you're in Frankfurt or London when you're not is fraud and Ebay seem to be happy to turn a blind eye
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ebay Chinese sellers

Yup it's a fucking nightmare. You select UK Sellers only and it is still riddled with overseas shite.

I reckon ebay like the ebay fees they get from overseas sellers selling to Europe so allow it to remain broken.

2 Thanks given to piggzy

GTI (28th March 2017),  the.insane (16th April 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just use Hobbyking. Their prices are pretty good and they have a UK warehouse now. I used to sell LiPos for RC cars a few years ago. Used to buy them from the factory in Hong Kong and ship them over. Worked out around £10 each. Was selling them for £25 and couldn't get them in quick enough - easy money

but if I was just buying the odd couple of LiPos now I'd just Hobbyking it.

I have really gone off eBay. I would say the last 10 items I've tried to sell I've had problems with - and can't understand the reasoning. Buyers bumping the price and never paying and all sorts. The China sellers have caught me out in the past too and I've been stung for import duty which made it more expensive than high street.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

2 Thanks given to EvilBoB

Ashley (29th March 2017),  GTI (28th March 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoB View Post
    Just use Hobbyking. Their prices are pretty good and they have a UK warehouse now. I used to sell LiPos for RC cars a few years ago. Used to buy them from the factory in Hong Kong and ship them over. Worked out around £10 each. Was selling them for £25 and couldn't get them in quick enough - easy money

but if I was just buying the odd couple of LiPos now I'd just Hobbyking it.

I have really gone off eBay. I would say the last 10 items I've tried to sell I've had problems with - and can't understand the reasoning. Buyers bumping the price and never paying and all sorts. The China sellers have caught me out in the past too and I've been stung for import duty which made it more expensive than high street.
    I've had my problems with Hobbyking, but in any case I need Lipos with EC3 connectors which is the propriety standard for Horizon Hobby aircraft.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

I had an issue with one this year on ebay. Said EU stock, 6 weeks later the item arrived - A headrest monitor for the car.

They sent me the slave monitor and not the one with the SD card slot etc. After waiting for the two weeks to pass after opening a dispute they then offered my £5 part refund off the £60 item! I did offer to send the item back provided they paid postage but they refused.

I got ebay involved and did not hold much hope for a resolution, however they refunded me the money. They did say to me that if the seller asks for the item back and pays postage then I should return it. 6 weeks later they have not and I am going to install that as a slave to the correct one that I then got in just over a week from Gearbest.

Result, but I would have liked to have received the correct item first time and quickly.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Yup it's a fucking nightmare. You select UK Sellers only and it is still riddled with overseas shite.

I reckon ebay like the ebay fees they get from overseas sellers selling to Europe so allow it to remain broken.
    If you select the 'click and collect' option from the left side, it'll filter out all the international sellers even if their location is 'London' etc

4 Thanks given to Dean

GTI (3rd April 2017),  Over Carl (4th April 2017),  piggzy (3rd April 2017),  the.insane (16th April 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    If you select the 'click and collect' option from the left side, it'll filter out all the international sellers even if their location is 'London' etc
    Sometimes I have found sellers who do seem to be genuinely in London but will not allow collections. (e.g. maybe a warehouse that does not have a front counter for regular customers). I'm guessing that tip would also filter all these sellers out as well?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't select the collection where you pick it up from the seller but the click and collect where you pick it up from Argos.
    Basically the seller posts it to your local Argos store but because of the time constraints involved it filters out the international sellers and just buy it as normal.

2 Thanks given to Dean

Over Carl (4th April 2017),  Threatbot1 (11th April 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

This doesn't always work, but if you scroll down to the bottom of the listing and look for their 'Business' address, it will show whether or not they are located in China

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It shouldn't be a problem if you've paid through PayPal. I've made several complaints and they've always refunded me the money.
    I understand and accept that some people hold opinions that are different to my own. Living in a free and democratic society, I fully embrace and respect their right to be wrong.