Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help URGENT HELP needed

Hi Guys I need some serious help. (not sure if this is the place to post this. So please feel free to move it admin if you feel it should be elsewhere)

4 weeks ago my father-in-law was diagnosed with throat cancer, unfortunately he is old school and wouldn't go to the doctors. He is 77 and has the opinion that you don't pester the doctors unless you are really ill. As he could walk, talk and put his bets on he was fine in his eyes. The wife (my wife - his daughter) took him to the hospital on Friday 3rd of March 2017, for a check up for swollen glands and a sore throat.

Since then all hell has broke lose. He is now nil by mouth, had surgery to put a gastric tube (rig) into his stomach to feed him to keep him alive. He is losing weight faster than a weight watchers club and we have now been told his tumour is inoperable, as it is stage 4. The prognosis is "he has 3 weeks tops". so it could be sooner. At the moment he is in denial, but slowly accepting it. The palliative care team, have given us a special bed for him, at our home so he can sleep down stairs and said there is nothing else that can do for him.

Hence my dilemma. We have spoke about funeral arrangements. He is of Irish/Scottish decent and he has picked the records he want played at his funeral. in particular Foster & Allen Moonshiner. he has always sung this song when he's had a few and in a way, it sums up his take on life. I had this in my iTunes but for some reason it has gone. I have tried all the usual place for download torrents etc, but no joy. I have finally found a copy on iTunes USA.

Now obviously it won't let me buy the song via my iTunes account as it is a UK one. I have found someone on ebay who will sell me a USA iTunes voucher. As one bought in the UK is no use. However when I try to create a free US iTunes account it does not give me the option to select None when it come to adding a credit card. You must add an American credit card to open an account, which I don't have. Am I missing something, as other seem to be able to make the work around of changing country to US work for them.

I've even tried using a VPN but still no joy. I am happy to pay the £11.99 for the $10 iTunes code but we just cannot log on or create a us account.

Does anyone have any suggestions....? it doesn't matter what it cost to get this song we need to get it....!

its only $0.99 cents on amazon dot com but again I can't buy it cos I'm in the UK. Also I would like him to hear it one more time before he does goes, as we've been reminiscing over the last 35 yrs in the last few days and laughing at how he used to change some of the words of this song to suite him when he was blathered.

any help greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: URGENT HELP needed

Few popusp but try here - http://audiotut.ru/mp3-album-sing-al...d-7140294.html

And before anyone fucking starts I know its russian but the guy is desperate and it worked for me.

8 Thanks given to BertRoot

Ashley (4th April 2017),  evilsatan (4th April 2017),  I Black Belt (4th April 2017),  Motzil (4th April 2017),  Over Carl (4th April 2017),  piggzy (4th April 2017),  tombott (4th April 2017),  WRATH OF BOD (4th April 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

BertRoot your a Star. I never expected to get the song. Just a way to open an us iTunes account. Many thanks, I will donate the money we were going to pay for the song to the Forum

One again a very big THANK YOU my father-in-law is gonna love this and I am so glad he is gonna get to hear it while he is still here......

I've got the song so if admin wish to remove the link by all means do. thank you all again

Thanks
    Karma Level

No worries.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

For reference, I think the way to open an iTunes account without a card is here:
    https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204034

Glad you got it sorted though.

3 Thanks given to evilsatan

Motzil (4th April 2017),  Over Carl (4th April 2017),  piggzy (4th April 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    For reference, I think the way to open an iTunes account without a card is here:
    https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204034

Glad you got it sorted though.
    Many Thanks evilsatan that actually worked with a short work around I got the option to to select None when it came to payment, which I didn't get before....! However it did ask me for a US address and phone number, but thanks to Google I was able to provide that so should the need ever arise again I'm sorted.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry guys Not trying to bump this post up
    But a big thank you to Bertroot from my father-in-law he is over the moon and and for the first time in 35 yrs I am the No1 Son-in-law he's actually playing it over and over again. you'd think he was going to sing it at his funeral the way he's going on

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Only just seen this. Isn't it on YouTube? If so you could've just used atubecatcher and saved it as an mp3

Is this the one
    https://youtu.be/lgZVwq7Bcak

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....

Thanks to satzzz

Over Carl (4th April 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Only just noticed this thread as well.

Isn't anyone going to do anything about Berts account being hacked?!

DJ OD

3 Thanks given to DJ OD

Bald Bouncer (4th April 2017),  Over Carl (4th April 2017),  piggzy (4th April 2017)