Just been testing the new Creators Update (1703 10.0 build 15063.13) x86 (32-Bit) Windows Pro version and it would appear that the Back up and Restore (Windows 7) tool that can be used to make you a typical (3x DVD5) System Image of your Windows 10 installation and their Recovery - Create a Recovery drive (USB) tool are not working, at least, not on my 32-Bit test system. I would assume the 64-bit version will also suffer from the same problem as the tools are most likely the same 32-bit versions anyway.

Back-up and Restore only creates 2x DVD5s rather than the usual 3x and using them to restore a system image just throws up an error part way through!

The Create Recovery Drive tool just throws up an error before even writing to my USB drive!

Shame on you M$

This seems to mimic what I found back in the Threshold 2 (November 2015) release which was later fixed in the Anniversary Update (July 2016).

If you like to build system images or recovery drives of your Windows 10 installations, then you may have to wait for another big Windows 10 release or some patches, as their recovery tools are developed by a third-party (as far as I'm aware) and obviously M$ aren't testing their OS very well!!

I guess you'll need to use alternative imaging tools, I tend to use Acronis True Image myself but as that's a paid for app, I'm sure some people would like a free tool and the built-in Windows tools would have been a good alternative, but I guess not!!

Share your experiences on system recovery imaging on the new Creators Update....