Best roaming sim for USA trip.

Thread: Best roaming sim for USA trip.

maltloaf said:

Help Best roaming sim for USA trip.

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice for mobile connections whilst I'm in USA for a couple of weeks later this month.

My missus and I are both on Vodafone sim only contracts, but Vodafone charge £5 a day to use your allowance over there which would mean £140 for both of us for the whole trip - I don't mind paying this if it's my only option - and I'd like to know how well it works if anyone has any experience ?

I also am an existing three customer and their contracts now include 'feel at home' which includes the USA at no extra cost - a 1 month sim with plenty of data etc, is about £22 - a no brainier but again only if it works well.

Does anyone have experience of roaming in USA and if there are any other options ?

Many thanks,

Malty
    Facebook: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Garmin Connect: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Strava: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Surface Pro 4 i5
    iMac 21.5" 2.7GHz Core i5 8GB
    Samsung S8 plus
    iPhone 7 plus 128GB
    IPad Pro 9.7" WiFi 128GB
    iPad Air WiFi + Cellular 16GB

Ashley said:

Default Re: Best roaming sim for USA trip.

I went with California and Nevada last year and it worked fine on my three mobile.

It just connects to local networks etc and I used it for satnav and stuff too.

Ashley said:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Alleged savings last year

piggzy said:

£5 a day. Robbing cunts. It's the principal imho.

maltloaf said:

Have just ordered 2 three payg sims on the all in one 20 plan. The advisor online said they would be good to go for feel at home coverage in the USA for £20 each. Cheers guys.
    Facebook: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Garmin Connect: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Strava: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Surface Pro 4 i5
    iMac 21.5" 2.7GHz Core i5 8GB
    Samsung S8 plus
    iPhone 7 plus 128GB
    IPad Pro 9.7" WiFi 128GB
    iPad Air WiFi + Cellular 16GB