Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info How to Anonymously Scan a Website using Linux Nmap

This short tutorial assumes you have at least some experience of using Linux CLI & is for Educational Purposes ONLY

If you're reading this, then I guess I got your attention by the post subject - it is an attention grabber, and "How to" is one of the highest rated questions asked on Google (filter bubbles) & SEO.
    Like most people in security with Linux I prefer the CLI rather than GUI's.
    Firstly, you will need a Debian-based Linux distribution, for this I will use the popular Ubuntu. Please note I have sudo installed
    Kali Linux comes with all these tools right from the box. So, you can skip the installation instructions.

Open a Terminal window

Install Nmap
    Nmap is the tool most hackers use to conduct reconnaissance on a remote target. So, in this tutorial, we will suppose that you have a minimal knowledge of how to use this tool.
    To install Nmap, use the command line below:
    sudo apt-get install nmap

Install TOR

Tor is the most used software in the world to protect privacy while surfing the internet and sometimes to access the deep/dark web. So, in order to protect your privacy, you just have to download and install the tor browser from; https://www.torproject.org we are going to use the command line version of TOR.
    To install it, just type the following command:
    sudo apt-get install tor

Install Proxychains
    Proxychains is the tool used to send an application’s traffic through the network while staying anonymous. It is used to route all network traffic incoming and outgoing from an application to a local or remote proxy address. We will use it to route all the Nmap traffic through the anonymous network TOR.
    To install proxy chains, just type:
    sudo apt-get install proxychains

Start scanning anonymously

Once all these tools are installed, everything is correctly configured with the default setting, so you can start surfing anonymously without any problem.
    sudo proxychains nmap -sT example.com

Additional Notes
    If you are unsure if you have the latest version of any program then update it using the following:
    sudo apt-get update name_of_program

NOTE: Configuring Proxychains

To configure proxychains, you have to modify its configuration file situated in : /etc/proxychains.conf

Just type the following:
    #nano /etc/proxychains.conf

when it opens the file, go to the last line, and you should see this:
    socks4 127.0.0.1 9050

This line refers to the default port on which tor is connected to.
    But, you can add as much lines as you want in order to add proxy sites.

NB: You have to be root in order to modify this file, otherway the modification will not be applied.

Here is how to configure the proxychains - Until I get a few minutes on how to do this and add it on to this post.
    https://null-byte.wonderhowto.com/ho...hains-0154619/
    I really need to cover Configuring Proxychains in much more detail than I have entered above, therefore I will cover this is a separate tutorial.

NOTE for "Script-Kiddies"
    Script-kiddies normally make the same mistake when trying public hack1ng using old hackers scripts, they don't cover their digital-footprint, or even their IP addresses, and then wonder how they get caught.
    Last edited by Threatbot1; 16th April 2017 at 03:23 PM.

2 Thanks given to Threatbot1

piggzy (16th April 2017),  the.insane (16th April 2017)