Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Theresa May calls for a general election

Well, the Tories have know whacked their brass balls on the table with their manifesto.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39956541
    Conservative manifesto: Theresa May targets mainstream Britain'

Includes:

Balance the budget again, even though they failed miserably before. So that's more austerity for us then.
    Get immigration down again, even though they failed miserably before. Presumably using the EU as an excuse for previous failures, but vote for us now and we'll deliver Brexit so that we can finally deliver this. (Plus, I might add that 99,000 is still classed as 'tens of thousands').
    Going after pensioners

They are just so sure of winning, that they've literally put whatever they want in it. Even including two policies that they've previously demonstrably failed, and also going after oldies who are their core vote??!

Just look at the comments on the above link - the top ones are people saying how great it all is and that we should vote Tory!

I am fucking terrified at the prospect of 2017 - 2022.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    I am fucking terrified at the prospect of 2017 - 2022.
    As much as I would love to say, 'You [spoilt British brats] made your bed, now fucking sleep on it'... I cannot forsake you, for you are my brothers
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks to GTI

piggzy (18th May 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

The thing about this is they have since 1979 told everybody who would listen "Save for your retirement and the best way to secure you and your children's future is to buy your house". That has been the theme and mantra. Now this just says - Well done for saving all that dosh, We are now going to put your family firmly back in their place as you didn't quite reach the promised top table...you have to laugh. Now there IS undoubtedly a problem with care and with people living longer ect...bloody feckers living too bloody long, The attack is now on 3 fronts for the elderly. An NHS that only "may" keep you alive, A care home that will care for you but at a cost, Having an economy in such a state where both people in a relationship HAVE to work (So no family care for elderly nor any "free" childcare. Give the tories 20 yearsand they will have solved the problem of the ageing population....in much the same way as any other despot solves a people problem......They are just going to exterminate them using the above as well as the removal of the winter fuel allowance to ALL but the very poorest pensioners. If they don't get pension credit then they won't get anything.

2 Thanks given to DavidF

beansontoast (18th May 2017),  GTI (18th May 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

There's also the fourth front: increasing the retirement age so people have to work longer before their state pension. The goalposts have already been moved and you can bet they will move again before I want to retire.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

3 Thanks given to beansontoast

Bald Bouncer (18th May 2017),  DavidF (19th May 2017),  DJ OD (18th May 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

It is going to get to the point where when you hit retirement age you might as well go do a murder or armed robbery. No worries then keeping warm and getting 3 meals a day.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The con of the right to buy is now there for everybody to see, it was a health/care insurance policy for your old age.

Most of the council houses purchased under the right to buy scheme are already owned by private landlords, this manifesto pledge should ensure that most of the rest will also be owned the wealthy/banks/corporations. Nice, high rents and big profits from the future generations that will not be able to own or rent a council house.

I also heard talk on the radio stating that some kind of equity release scheme on your house could be used to pay for your care until your death, this would surely mean heavy interest charges also being added to the final bill after your death meaning even less to leave to your heirs.

Thanks to mij

DavidF (22nd May 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Some of the rags are actually giving May a really hard time over the social care and kid's lunches business, and they also seem to be giving Corbyn a fair shake at the moment.

Feel like I've fallen into an alternative dimension

Thanks to flumperino

DavidF (22nd May 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

My misses said the other day that she doesn't think May wants to win lol. I have to say she is doing a fine job so far. Just keep Diane off the airwaves and point to the costed policies ....That will do for me. They want to disown Brexit. They have never had the intention to deliver the undeliverable. It really is over to the voters now.

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk
    Er a part time bad poker player was ere:bomb:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got too add - The press did stick the knife in this morning BUT please check the front pages. It's ALL Pipa Midle(Nice middle)ton AND Corbyn and his love of the IRA. They will lead super hard on this in the weeks to come AND they will focus on the (He doesn't want brexit) ...but that may backfire with some labour support thinking lib dems if the tory machine could convince them....lol. But I fully expect the full force (We aint seen nothing yet !!) to be aimed at Corbyn and any other weak link in the Labour party.
    Anyway if you fancy a proper right wing meltdown head over to order order and have a look at some of the comments.....Fantastic to watch the feckers squirm...The Hate May, The Hate Corbyn, The hate.....well they aint a happy bunch lol.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I few weeks ago I firmly said the Tories will win, that is the end of.

Now I am thinking the Tories will still win, but I think it is not going to be the easy massive win they thought a month ago.

Thanks
    Karma Level

One thing that really makes me giggle is all the criticism that's levelled at Corbyn for not wanting nuclear weapons.

He was on Andrew Marr a few weeks ago and said he'd hesitate about pushing the button first, then the media ragged on him that afternoon.

The guy is hesitating about undertaking an action that could precipitate the destruction of the entire planet......and that's bad? Crazy country we live in - I assume having the ability to fire big rockets makes people feel big and safe.

Germany don't have nukes, and they're de-facto in charge of Europe.......

Thanks
    Karma Level

Are you implying that the media have double standards and distort almost any news to suit what ever management or owners that they are employed by agenda...? Go wash your mouth out...This country relies heavily on its press freedom don't you know.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Watched Peston on Sunday and to be honest the conservatives in general are the gift that keeps on giving. Watched Marr also Abbott is a liability but again conservatives gifted us Amber rudd. Every time T May opens her mouth the bloody pound slumps....and im sure the tory majority slumps with it lol. At least Labour only need to lock up Abbott.....The tories need to operate a media blackout until the end of the election lol.
    Alas I still cant see a corbyn Labour victory as the print media are taking ALL focus away from the social care balls up by May, They are also purely focussing on Corbyn's and Abbott's past with regards to the IRA ect....But sheer stupidity and a shifty look around all of the conservatives is really damaging them. I think they may either win with a smaller majority or even a hung parliament which the tories will then blames as the reason they have failed to deliver brexit.

Thanks to DavidF

piggzy (28th May 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    Watched Peston on Sunday and to be honest the conservatives in general are the gift that keeps on giving. Watched Marr also Abbott is a liability but again conservatives gifted us Amber rudd. Every time T May opens her mouth the bloody pound slumps....and im sure the tory majority slumps with it lol. At least Labour only need to lock up Abbott.....The tories need to operate a media blackout until the end of the election lol.
    Alas I still cant see a corbyn Labour victory as the print media are taking ALL focus away from the social care balls up by May, They are also purely focussing on Corbyn's and Abbott's past with regards to the IRA ect....But sheer stupidity and a shifty look around all of the conservatives is really damaging them. I think they may either win with a smaller majority or even a hung parliament which the tories will then blames as the reason they have failed to deliver brexit.
    Don't forget Michael Fallon

2 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

DavidF (28th May 2017),  piggzy (28th May 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    Don't forget Michael Fallon

he was back on peston this morning remaking a complete cunt of himself and them. Peston actually bangs his own head against the table in mock exasperation. Watch the last 5 minutes on itv player and you will see lol.

Thanks to DavidF

Bald Bouncer (28th May 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

What a cunt

Last edited by prezzy; 28th May 2017 at 10:59 PM.

3 Thanks given to prezzy

Ashley (29th May 2017),  Bald Bouncer (28th May 2017),  DavidF (28th May 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I will say one thing - this election has been far more entertaining that I expected it to be

Thanks
    Karma Level

2 Thanks given to flumperino

Bald Bouncer (29th May 2017),  piggzy (29th May 2017)  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12