Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Thread: Zelda: Breath of the Wild

  1. Mystical_2K's Avatar

    Mystical_2K said:

    Default Zelda: Breath of the Wild

    Right, so I have not jumped in and got a switch yet but I have got Zelda for the Wii U, been told it looks nicer on the Switch but personally I am very happy with the Wii U version, it looks great and I have had some very minor slowdown at times but on the whole it has been solid.

    I have no idea how far into it I am but I have found a ton of shrines, unlocked most of the map, killed a lot of things and done some very iffy cooking experiments to make food and elixers.

    Well so far im loving the game, its fucking huge and theirs so much to do.

    The only thing I am struggling with is the combat, the whole jump left / right at the right time to pull off a combo is something I have never been good at and when trying to do the shrines that contain the guardians I usually get killed pretty quickly, I do like the shrines that contain the puzzles and wish their was more of them as I think I have found about 6 guardian ones that I have left alone for now.

    Whats other peoples thoughts on this?

    I was going to get rid of the Wii U but with Zelda and some of the new hacks that have come out I felt it was worth getting a USB 3 HDD and exploring the game library a bit more
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.
     
  2. crazyal's Avatar

    crazyal said:

    Default Re: Zelda: Breath of the Wild

    With the latest updates, the grass is better on the Wii U. Less slowdown too. Considering it was developed on the Wii U and ported to the Switch late in its dev, I'd say its bloody superb and shows off what a competent console it still is (was).

    Combat hasn't really been an issue if I'm honest. It's now kind of hilarious that I am dumping weapons in favour of others that back in the beginning of the game I would of though myself crazy (Edge of Duality, Royal Guards Sword etc.)

    Yep, got myself a 1TB and in conjunction with Wii USB Helper expanded my library somewhat. Won't be getting rid of it for a while to come!
     
  3. Ganty's Avatar

    Ganty said:

    Default Re: Zelda: Breath of the Wild

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_2K View Post
    Right, so I have not jumped in and got a switch yet but I have got Zelda for the Wii U, been told it looks nicer on the Switch but personally I am very happy with the Wii U version, it looks great and I have had some very minor slowdown at times but on the whole it has been solid.

    I have no idea how far into it I am but I have found a ton of shrines, unlocked most of the map, killed a lot of things and done some very iffy cooking experiments to make food and elixers.

    Well so far im loving the game, its fucking huge and theirs so much to do.

    The only thing I am struggling with is the combat, the whole jump left / right at the right time to pull off a combo is something I have never been good at and when trying to do the shrines that contain the guardians I usually get killed pretty quickly, I do like the shrines that contain the puzzles and wish their was more of them as I think I have found about 6 guardian ones that I have left alone for now.

    Whats other peoples thoughts on this?

    I was going to get rid of the Wii U but with Zelda and some of the new hacks that have come out I felt it was worth getting a USB 3 HDD and exploring the game library a bit more
    When you eneter a combat shrine, you'll be told it's either a minor, modest, or major test of strength. Modest and Major tests are tough - you can buff yourself by getting the guardian armour, and the master sword will help A LOT. Also, if you can use ancient arrows do so - if not, shock arrows work really well against these guardians.

    Have you practiced perfect guarding? When you do enough damage they'll fire a beam at you. Time your block right and you'll reflect the beam back doing a ton of damage.

    Generally I think you're unlucky if you've discovered that many combat shrines already - I think I've done about the same but have discovered 60+.
     
  4. piggzy's Avatar

    piggzy said:

    Default Re: Zelda: Breath of the Wild

    Is it just like Skyrim............... but for kids ;-)
     
  5. Mystical_2K's Avatar

    Mystical_2K said:

    Default Re: Zelda: Breath of the Wild

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    When you eneter a combat shrine, you'll be told it's either a minor, modest, or major test of strength. Modest and Major tests are tough - you can buff yourself by getting the guardian armour, and the master sword will help A LOT. Also, if you can use ancient arrows do so - if not, shock arrows work really well against these guardians.

    Have you practiced perfect guarding? When you do enough damage they'll fire a beam at you. Time your block right and you'll reflect the beam back doing a ton of damage.

    Generally I think you're unlucky if you've discovered that many combat shrines already - I think I've done about the same but have discovered 60+.
    Cheers Ganty,

    Yeah I have explored a fair bit and tried to do alot of srhines to get my stats up, I did wonder how I managed to get some of the Strength ones done so easily but if they are at 3 different levels that explains it as i clearly did the easier ones,.

    I have practiced guarding but was clearly not very good at it, I think theirs a bloke in one of the towns that will let you practice with him so I will go back and do some more training and see how i get on.

    Havent come across the guardian armour or master sword yet, i have just completed the first of the four beasts (elephant one) so maybe I need to do more of the story, problem is that its so large and so much fun to explore I find myself getting distracted far too easily

    thanks for the advice!
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.
     
  6. Mystical_2K's Avatar

    Mystical_2K said:

    Default Re: Zelda: Breath of the Wild

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    With the latest updates, the grass is better on the Wii U. Less slowdown too. Considering it was developed on the Wii U and ported to the Switch late in its dev, I'd say its bloody superb and shows off what a competent console it still is (was).

    Combat hasn't really been an issue if I'm honest. It's now kind of hilarious that I am dumping weapons in favour of others that back in the beginning of the game I would of though myself crazy (Edge of Duality, Royal Guards Sword etc.)

    Yep, got myself a 1TB and in conjunction with Wii USB Helper expanded my library somewhat. Won't be getting rid of it for a while to come!
    Yes I have also picked up a new HDD for the Wii U (went with a USB 3 2TB HDD for about £75)
    The WUP installer is amazingly easy to use, just takes a bit of time messing with the SD-card for installs.
    Havent looked at CFW yet but want to as it opens up a whole load of new options on what can be installed
    Just havent found a decent guide for it yet
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.