Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Chevrolet Cruze - Change Engine Oil Soon/Service Vehicle Soon

Had both these messages come up on my car recently so booked it in for a full service yesterday. First mistake was probably going for Kwik-Fit but they gave me 30% off so I used them...

When I went to pick it up the Change Engine Oil Soon message was still coming up in the Information Panel so went back in and they said their reader was showing no error codes so they had no facility to reset or remove the message. Sounded odd but i drove out regardless. Today I'm getting both messages again so i've been back down there and he's showed me plugging in their machine and the no errors etc and said it's possibly a software error and there's nothing they can do.

Said take it to a main dealer, who i've rung, and they want £69 just to plug it in to their diagnostics reader. Would rather avoid that if possible. I've since googled and see it's a common happening.

Have tried the "press accelerator 3 times while message on" advice but that hasn't cleared it. There is no Oil-Life reading on the Driver Information Centre so can't reset it that way either.

Any experts on here have any knowledge of the problem and can offer a fix? Or do i just run it into Chevrolet and take the £69 hit as a lesson for being a tight cunt in the first place and using KwikFit?

It's a 62 plate, Chevrolet Cruze estate, 1.7 VcDi
    Last edited by lombie; 21st April 2017 at 05:57 PM.