Close

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Chinese Smart Watches

I was thinking of getting a Chinese Smart Watch running Android 5.1 the ones that cost around £90 with 512mb/1gb rom & 8gb/16gb ram

Does anyone on here use one if so whats the battery life like?

Thanks

ss30

Cheapreefer on instagram

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Chinese Smart Watches

I've reviewed quite a few of these watches. They seem to fall into two categories.
    You have the ones that look like Apple watch replicas. They are 100% Android compliant
    The others just look like a normal digital watch - Again completely Android compliant.

If I'd any criticism, it's that some of them do too much They'll stream music, find your phone, take pictures, facebook/whatsapp/twitter, dial a number - the list is endless.
    Generally, they have a very nice swipe based interface and excellent battery life, think 3-4 days without a charge. However, the apps that come with them are very resource hungry. I tended to switch the app off on my phone when I wasn't using it, as to reconnect was just a matter of switching the app back on.

Some will even take a separate sim card.

Well worth a peruse on Amazon bud. There's literally hundreds on there, with all manner of features/shapes and applications.

Just be mindful, that generally, the instructions are limited to what I've coined as "Chinenglish". Most of it is fairly intuitive, but they can at times be a bit frustrating.

Best of luck

Thanks to I Black Belt

cyprus (24th May 2017)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by I Black Belt View Post
    I've reviewed quite a few of these watches. They seem to fall into two categories.
    You have the ones that look like Apple watch replicas. They are 100% Android compliant
    The others just look like a normal digital watch - Again completely Android compliant.

If I'd any criticism, it's that some of them do too much They'll stream music, find your phone, take pictures, facebook/whatsapp/twitter, dial a number - the list is endless.
    Generally, they have a very nice swipe based interface and excellent battery life, think 3-4 days without a charge. However, the apps that come with them are very resource hungry. I tended to switch the app off on my phone when I wasn't using it, as to reconnect was just a matter of switching the app back on.

Some will even take a separate sim card.

Well worth a peruse on Amazon bud. There's literally hundreds on there, with all manner of features/shapes and applications.

Just be mindful, that generally, the instructions are limited to what I've coined as "Chinenglish". Most of it is fairly intuitive, but they can at times be a bit frustrating.

Best of luck
    It's the full Android 5.1 watches I have been looking at and some ppl are getting 4hrs on a full charge with all of the functions turn on so using it like a phone and can stretch it to a day by turning GPRS,GPS,WiFi off so it's basicly a digital watch with changeable faces but your saying 3-4 days with everything turned on are we talking about the same thing!

Cheapreefer on instagram

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would be careful what you download from the Google Play Store, at the moment there is over 400 appz which are infected with malware. The malware itself is collecting people's card data, mind you, you should not be banking online via WiFi anyway, unless you have encrypted your data.

Back in January this year, there was 34 imported mobile phone models from China, all of which were preloaded with malware.

When it comes to Security these days, it is best to ask.
    Last edited by Threatbot1; 20th April 2017 at 07:59 PM.

Thanks to Threatbot1

ss30 (20th April 2017)  

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmmm. Maybe not then. I've not had one with WiFi, but certainly i've had several with the general features, - facebook etc and yes, the batteries lasted 3+ days before a recharge, but as I said, I disconnected it overnight as it was a big drain on my phone.

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

This is the sort of thing that i'm talking about No.1 D5+ KW88

Cheapreefer on instagram

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

iv'e just bought one of these

https://www.banggood.com/LEMFO-LES1-...p-1128566.html

only had it for a few days but they make a pretty good toy
    i say toy because they try to be a jack of all trades but the reality is there no master at any of them

what they are is basically and android phone on your wrist but with limitations
    one of the limitations is what service provider you can use mine works fine with EE but only seems to connect to data on 2g i havn't seen a 3g connection yet
    i tried a 3 sim and got no service which means the watch doesn't cover the frequencies 3 use
    they are the only sims i have tried i couldn't tell you if 02 or voda work you would have to check what frequencies they use and if they are still using 2g / 3g data

as far as battery life goes you can deplete it in a matter of hours if you are constantly playing with it but if used sensibly it will last a day
    i have bluetooth and wireless on as well as a sim in the watch i only switch them off when i go to bed, once these are switched off ( bluetooth and wifi ) the battery drain is about 5% overnight
    i put a sim in it today i will compare the battery drain difference over night some time in the next day or so

if your tethering it to your phone via bluetooth there are a couple of apps that do the job better than the native app that you would normally download
    these are m2d receiver , m2d sender and m2d bluetooth manager they all work with each other so you need all three and instructions on how to set up are easy enough to find

adding new clock faces is easy enough and there are literally hundreds of 3rd party ones to choose from but up until i updated the firmware i had to use a 3rd party app called clockskincoco or universal launcher as it more commonly known
    the latest firmware update lets you use the 3rd party clock faces natively so to speak

a couple of apps i have installed are tomtom and torque, both work fine but the text can be very small and hard to read i'm still trying to find something that will up the font size getting the magnifying glass out every 5 minutes is no fun

i'm not going to flood the watch with every app i come across just ones i find useful but from what i can gather pretty much everything works it's just a question of screen size, some thing can be tiny

all in all i like the watch and there's some very slick clock faces to choose from
    how practical they are is another matter there not a great phone and txting is a bit of a task or replying to anything can be a pain for that matter
    when there tethered to your phone it will notify you of incoming messages, calls and social media etc but you cannot answer them that has to be done with your phone
    all the usual tasks done with the watch that originate from the watch ( phone , txts, facebook etc ) work as they should
    google play is the full version and not crippled like it can be on some android devices
    the ped0meter and heart rate monitor work fine but not too sure on their accuracy but seem there abouts

gps works fine but i but i have read or seen problems with some smart watches that have leather look straps where gps is concerned, they work fine off the wrist but lose lock once placed on the wrist
    the silicone strap watches don't seem to suffer the same fate ( gps and wireless antennas are embedded into the strap hence the reason you cannot change straps on these watches )
    very few are water proof some boast splash resistance and maybe one or two say you can swim with them but looking at the way these are made i wouldn't really trust them in water, all right washing your hands but i wouldn't go much further than that

when i was looking at these watches i was undecided which one to buy, the ones i was looking at was the no1 d5+ the lemfo les1 and the zeblaze thor
    i ended up choosing the lemfo les1 for a couple of reasons one was it seems to provided better weather proofing than the other 2 and is slightly smaller than the other 2 which i prefer
    the no1 d5+ has a leather look strap and with what i was reading about the gps problem ruled that out and it is an LCD screen rather than amoled
    the zeblaze thor is basically the same watch but is slightly bigger and not wanting a watch that migh look too big on the wrist i opted for the lemfo les1 bought from the above link and took about 2 weeks to arrive but the price has shot up i payed £83.07 delivered it's now showing at £117.38 for some reason

like i said it's a great toy but how much practical use it's going to be is something i will find out over time but i don't regret buying it
    Last edited by cosmicma; 23rd May 2017 at 06:59 PM.

3 Thanks given to cosmicma

DJ OD (23rd May 2017),  Lou_smorals (24th May 2017),  ss30 (24th May 2017)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Does it look as good in real life as it does in the pictures?

Cheapreefer on instagram

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ss30 View Post
    Does it look as good in real life as it does in the pictures?

good question

the one i have ( lemfo les1 ) the amoled display looks great indoors but outside in the sun even at it's brightest setting is quite dull, it can still be seen but i'm not overly impressed
    choosing a nice clear to read clock face helps, some of the 3rd party clock faces look really fancy but they can be over complicated which makes them hard to read some gauges are just too small and in direct sunlight impossible

the watches themselves have a reasonable feel and weight they don't feel like a cheap watch on the wrist
    the silicone strap isn't as nice as a leather look strap but as i mentioned earlier i din't want issues with gps so opted for silicon just in case

Thanks to cosmicma

ss30 (24th May 2017)