Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Selling devices pre-configured to obtain copyright-infringing content is illegal

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    I was trying to give a bit of helpful advice as I know at least 20 people over the years that stuff they have posted to social media and on forums has been an integral part of the prosecutions case.
    How come you know so many criminals ?? :-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Selling devices pre-configured to obtain copyright-infringing content is illegal

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    How come you know so many criminals ?? :-)
    One man's criminal is another mans freedom fighter, all joking apart I think it's worse now than it's ever been due to so much trade being online there are very few cases supporting evidence from online activity isn't used.

2 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

Ashley (27th April 2017),  piggzy (26th April 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've heard these boxes being talked about by people in their 50's and 60's, in work, at building sites....that's when you know it's days are numbered.

18 years ago I heard that NT.L could be received by cutting the feedback in the tuner and getting a card programmer. This was extremely hard to get info on and took a chap at work months before he would discuss it with me in the fear it might end if it became public as it were. Maybe that was the golden age of learning how things worked. All for educational purposes!

2 Thanks given to dainese

Bald Bouncer (27th April 2017),  rusty (27th April 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes, but there are always traders after making a few quid. That alerts the authorities and then its fucked.

Any modern hacks on things are often now kept underground a lot longer. Despite the stupidity of a lot of people, lessons have been learned from the OnDigi and Diga days.

DJ OD

2 Thanks given to DJ OD

Bald Bouncer (27th April 2017),  Mobileman (30th April 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

You're correct DJ. That's why the HD hack hasn't been released into to open 😁😂😀

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....

Thanks to satzzz

Bald Bouncer (27th April 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Secrets Re: Selling devices pre-configured to obtain copyright-infringing content is illegal

Or the modified boxes that upscale SD streams to 4k... They work by stripping the checksum bits from the 4k streams and applying them to lower quality streams for a significant picture improvment. Or that Netflix downloader addon that lets you download anything from the Netflix catalogue without a un/pw.

FYI all the above is complete bullshit.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dainese View Post
    I've heard these boxes being talked about by people in their 50's and 60's, in work, at building sites....that's when you know it's days are numbered.

18 years ago I heard that NT.L could be received by cutting the feedback in the tuner and getting a card programmer. This was extremely hard to get info on and took a chap at work months before he would discuss it with me in the fear it might end if it became public as it were. Maybe that was the golden age of learning how things worked. All for educational purposes!
    I heard some rather well to do blokes chatting about them in a bar at the top of one of the mountains in Chamonix in January.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Well I still got that DBOXII in the wardrobe lmao. maybe some day it'll be viable again

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It already is Mickey. Just need a updated version of commando

Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Shhhhh don't tell em

Thanks
    Karma Level

Golly and gosh. Do you mean n3 is compromised...lol. The thing is that very subject has been fairly openly discussed on a few forums for....well since it was implemented. Remember the old nagra bible lol...Most of it still relevant today as it was during days gone by. Now the other encryption provider who shall remain nameless ...that's another story. I did hear that it's in the premium members section though. 😁😂😂

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk
    Er a part time bad poker player was ere:bomb:

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

😎 I can't comment.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Selling devices pre-configured to obtain copyright-infringing content is illegal

Quote Originally Posted by satzzz View Post
    [emoji41] I can't comment.

I got a spare PP3 battery here! [emoji6]
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nibb View Post
    I got a spare PP3 battery here! [emoji6]
    Ad-teknik

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by stevo25 View Post
    Ad-teknik

Bless you!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks to Nibb

stevo25 (30th April 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

The main point of this is there are loads of cases lined up including that Brian Thompson from Middlesbrough, he will plead guilty now or if he's a fucking idiot and does not take legal advice will be found guilty as he now has no defence.

A Middlesbrough shop owner has admitted selling modified TV boxes that allow access to subscription content such as Premier League football and films.

Brian Thompson, 55, had originally denied any offences and set up the prospect of a landmark court case relating to the sale of Kodi boxes.

However, at Teesside Crown Court he changed his plea to admit two charges related to their sale and advertising.

Kodi developers have said boxes should not be used to access blocked content.

Judge Peter Armstrong told Thompson, of Barnaby Avenue in Middlesbrough, that "all sentencing options" were open.

Thompson admitted one count of selling and one count of advertising devices "designed, produced or adapted for the purpose of enabling or facilitating the circumvention of effective technological measures".

He was granted unconditional bail ahead of his sentencing on 20 October.

Judge Armstrong told him: "I don't know what the sentence will be, all options to the court will be open."

Source: BBC

Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC News Middlesbrough modified Kodi box trader gets suspended jail term

A trader who sold TV boxes which allowed viewers to watch subscription films and football for free has been given a suspended jail term.
    Brian Thompson had denied breaking the law by selling Kodi boxes, setting up the prospect of a landmark court trial.
    But appearing at Teesside Crown Court he changed his plea to guilty.
    The 55 year old, who runs Cut Price Tomo's TV store in Middlesbrough, was given an 18-month prison sentence, suspended for two years.
    Thompson, of Barnaby Avenue, Middlesbrough, admitted one count of selling and one count of advertising devices "designed, produced or adapted for the purpose of enabling or facilitating the circumvention of effective technological measures".
    He had previously claimed the law was a "grey area" and said he wanted to know whether he was "doing anything illegal".
    The court heard Thompson had sold an estimated 400 boxes - earning him about £40,000.
    The Federation Against Copyright Theft (FACT) believes more than one million illegal Kodi TV boxes have been sold in the UK in the past two years.
    What are Kodi boxes?

Some shops sell ready-to-use set-top boxes or television sticks preloaded with the Kodi software.
    They are also known as Android boxes, because many of the devices run Android as their primary operating system.
    The developers behind Kodi say their software does not contain any content of its own and is designed to play legally owned media or content "freely available" on the internet.
    However the software can be modified with third-party add-ons that provide access to illegal copies of films and TV series, or provide free access to subscription television channels.
    Some traders sell Kodi boxes preloaded with third-party add-ons that can access pirated content. It is the sale of these "fully-loaded" boxes which was the subject of the case against Mr Thompson.
    Let's block ads! (Why?)

BBC News

Thanks to Raptor

Bald Bouncer (20th October 2017)  

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

A Middlesbrough shop owner has admitted selling modified TV boxes that allow access to subscription content such as Premier League football and films.

Brian Thompson, 55, had originally denied any offences and set up the prospect of a landmark court case relating to the sale of Kodi boxes.

However, at Teesside Crown Court he changed his plea to admit two charges related to their sale and advertising.

Kodi developers have said boxes should not be used to access blocked content.

Judge Peter Armstrong told Thompson, of Barnaby Avenue in Middlesbrough, that "all sentencing options" were open.

Thompson admitted one count of selling and one count of advertising devices "designed, produced or adapted for the purpose of enabling or facilitating the circumvention of effective technological measures".

He was granted unconditional bail ahead of his sentencing on 20 October.

Judge Armstrong told him: "I don't know what the sentence will be, all options to the court will be open."

Source: BBC

Updated

Thanks to Mickey

Bald Bouncer (20th October 2017)  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12