Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC News Spurs fan attacks fellow supporter in Chelsea mix-up.

Doctors fear a Tottenham Hotspur fan could be left with permanent damage to his eyesight, following an attack in which police think a fellow Spurs fan mistook him for a Chelsea supporter.
    Michael Voller was assaulted after his team's FA Cup semi-final defeat by Chelsea on Saturday at Wembley.
    He was set upon after the match outside an Indian restaurant near the stadium.
    He was punched in the face and suffered a broken skull and damage to his cheekbone and eye-socket.
    Mr Voller had been walking with a group of friends past Moore Spice Indian restaurant on Engineers Way at about 19:30 BST, The Met Police said.

'Do the right thing'

"It is believed that one of the group has then mistaken Michael for a rival Chelsea supporter and punched him in the face, leaving him injured," the force said.
    The 23-year-old, who had previously worked as a gardener at the north London club's training ground, has been discharged from hospital but doctors said they were concerned there may be lasting damage to his eyesight.
    Det Con James Robb described it as a "violent and unprovoked assault".
    He said: "This kind of violence has absolutely no place at a football match, and I sincerely hope that those who were with the person responsible do the right thing by Michael, who is a fellow supporter and has supported Tottenham since he was a young boy."
    The suspect is described as a white man, aged in his early 20s and approximately 5ft 10ins tall. He was wearing a black hooded top or jacket.

BBC News

DJ OD
    Last edited by DJ OD; 27th April 2017 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Spurs fan attacks fellow supporter in Chelsea mix-up.

Now being an Arsenal fan, this would normally make me laugh. However, I do not beleive people get battered for "no reason". I don't believe there are "unprovoked" attacks, and if they are they are a lot less frequent than we are led to believe.

This prick must have been gobbing off, acting up or something. He was walking with his friends, and none of them helped him? No one from the curry house? I work literally next to wembley stadium and know exactly where this happened. Lots of construcion, but a fair bit of CCTV in the area.

Another shock headline that's sole perpose seems to be insinuate that spurs fans are idiots. How do they know the assailant was a spurs fan? More likely he was a Chelsea fan, and they have form for this kind of thing.

***EDIT***

I've highlighted a key statement in the original artical. Think I answered mine and everyone else's questions... Fkin pollips; useless.

DJ OD