Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC News Woman shot in Willesden anti-terror operation

A woman in her 20s has been shot by police and four people arrested in an anti-terror operation in north-west London and Kent, Scotland Yard says.
    Officers say the operation was not connected to the earlier arrest of a man near Parliament.
    The woman in her 20s was one of the subjects of the investigation and remains under police guard at hospital.
    Two men, 20 and 16, and a woman, 20, were held after the Willesden shooting and a woman, 43, was arrested in Kent.
    The Metropolitan Police said they were arrested on suspicion of the commission, preparation and instigation of terrorist acts.
    They are in custody at a south London police station.

A spokesman said the woman was shot after armed officers entered an address in Harlesden Road, Willesden, shortly before 19:00 BST on Thursday.
    "Due to her condition, she has not been arrested at this time and remains under police guard at hospital. We await an update on her condition," he said.
    "The address and persons connected with it had been under observation by counter-terrorism officers as part of an ongoing intelligence-led operation."
    Searches at the locations of the arrests are ongoing, as well as further searches at linked addresses in London, police added.
    The incident has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission and the Met's Directorate of Professional Standards, as is procedure.
    Video has appeared on social media appearing to show armed police surrounding a terraced house as gun shots rang out.
    The arrests came after a 27-year-old man was held by armed officers under the Terrorism Act in Westminster on Thursday afternoon. In a statement, police said the two incidents were not connected.

BBC News

DJ OD
    Last edited by DJ OD; 28th April 2017 at 09:18 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Woman shot in Willesden anti-terror operation

Starting to notice a lot of this kind of "we've been watching them for ages" thing being said now. Which is all well and good if the catch the fuckers before they do something, like in this case. But, when the person(s) actually do something, saying that is pointless. The said it when Rigby was attacked in Woolwich and when the first Westminster needle cock ran people over.

I think the UK's "intelligence" is alright, but where the pollips are involved I worry as they are too self serving and don't always act the right way in a situation. I suppose its wrong to include all police in that... 99.99% of them is more realistic perhaps.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Woman shot in Willesden anti-terror operation

Looking at their ages I reckon they were just a bunch of young idiots Googling ISIS videos and nothing more.