A couple of weeks ago I started to receive emails which had the display name of one of my contacts on them but the email addresses/domains were random, each email was a link to an 'invoice' which I didn't click. This has been continuing and one even had the contacts real email address as their display name but still was from a random address. Today I was told by someone else that they have been receiving the same sorts of messages where the display names are in their contact books.

I spoke to the initial contact of mine and they said a few of their contacts had received such messages so it looks like they have been targeted for this. It doesn't seem that their systems or email has been hacked though otherwise the messages would be sent from their actual address.

Has anyone else been seeing this recently? I can't think how to stop it as the addresses/domains are random. I just know someone somewhere will fall for one of these emails and think they were infected by the contact whose name is in the display name.

Cheers