Close

Thread: Vive La France

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Vive La France

The French have refused nationalism in favour of hope and a united Europe. They truly are a more enlightened nation than we are, in so many ways.

It's embarrassing to be British when our news media is filled with nothing but divisive, isolationist and nationalist sentiment. Especially when the French are waking up to the complete antithesis of that.

7 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

Bald Bouncer (8th May 2017),  BertRoot (8th May 2017),  cyprus (8th May 2017),  Ganty (8th May 2017),  GTI (8th May 2017),  Over Carl (8th May 2017),  piggzy (8th May 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Vive La France

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    The French have refused nationalism in favour of hope and a united Europe. They truly are a more enlightened nation than we are, in so many ways.

It's embarrassing to be British when our news media is filled with nothing but divisive, isolationist and nationalist sentiment. Especially when the French are waking up to the complete antithesis of that.
    Totally agree although I am sad to say a lot of me wanted the National Front to win as I see division and disbanding of the European Union as the only real hope for Britain's future

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

piggzy (8th May 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

A media friendly pretty boy, bought and paid for by the rich globalists to get the young vote and allow the con to continue.

Longer working hours for less reward and security, death before retirement for many and lots and lots of privatisation

Blair, Cameron, Obama, Trudeau etc... nothing new unfortunately.

Thanks to mij

MHP (8th May 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by mij View Post
    A media friendly pretty boy, bought and paid for by the rich globalists to get the young vote and allow the con to continue.

Longer working hours for less reward and security, death before retirement for many and lots and lots of privatisation

Blair, Cameron, Obama, Trudeau etc... nothing new unfortunately.
    I agree, but it's still preferable to Le Pen. Sadly, if we're going to survive as a species beyond the end of this century, I think we'll have to succumb to, and accept, globalisation. It's the only way we can have any hope of solving some of the big problems, especially climate change. Without strong agreements between nations, and even the merging of some nation states, such as Europe, we'll never conquer the future. Hopefully the division of wealth issue will be addressed, maybe not in the short term, but longer term I'm hopeful it will.

2 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

Bald Bouncer (8th May 2017),  mij (8th May 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    I agree, but it's still preferable to Le Pen. Sadly, if we're going to survive as a species beyond the end of this century, I think we'll have to succumb to, and accept, globalisation. It's the only way we can have any hope of solving some of the big problems, especially climate change. Without strong agreements between nations, and even the merging of some nation states, such as Europe, we'll never conquer the future. Hopefully the division of wealth issue will be addressed, maybe not in the short term, but longer term I'm hopeful it will.
    I also agree that blind hatred is ridiculous and very ignorant, but no real choice is what this really amounted to as is globalisation in it's present form.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Vive la France indeed... the French and Dutch have decisively said no to far right extremists whilst in the English speaking world we can't seem to get enough of them.

A Brexit campaign group poured scorn on France and Emmanuel Macron after the centrist newcomer comfortably defeated his far-right opponent Marine Le Pen in Sunday’s presidential election runoff.The Twitter account of Leave.EU, the pro-Brexit pressure group set up by Nigel Farage for last year’s referendum, tweeted that the French people had once again “rolled over” just as they had done in 1940 – except this time they saved Germany “the bullets and the fuel”. The tweet also included a picture of a newspaper headline from 1940 reporting the surrender of France to the Nazis.
    Picking up on the same theme, Farage tweeted: “A giant deceit has been voted for today. Macron will be Juncker’s puppet.”
    The former Ukip leader was predicting that Le Pen would come back stronger in five years and eventually win the presidency thanks to a backlash over Macron’s pro-globalisation and pro-EU policies.
    Le Pen had told Macron during the debate that whatever happened in the election, a woman would be running France – either her, or the German chancellor, Angela Merkel.
    As well as praising Le Pen in recent weeks, Farage declared in a TV interview on Sunday morning that the 48-year-old had “lost weight” and was “looking pretty fit”.
    Several other Brexiters mocked Macron’s relationship with his wife Brigitte, who first met the president-elect when she taught him at high school and is 24 years his senior.
    Katie Hopkins tweeted a picture of the pair and the caption: “Macron’s wife has promised him a special new toy from the shops tomorrow for being such a clever little boy.”
    Source
    What a pair of cunts.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Farage, Katie and Twitter was enough for me

Thanks
    Karma Level

This made me laugh. A bloke bigging it up to andrew Neil on twitter that Le Pen would win and that he had £500 on it. His next tweet a few hours later was to @Ladbrokes - Claiming that his 13 year old kid had put £500 on Le Pen to win using his account and he wanted a refund......Unfortunately for him he was trolled to fuck by the twitter crowd.....pretty funny read - https://www.indy100.com/article/mari...witter-7723591

3 Thanks given to DavidF

Ganty (8th May 2017),  Over Carl (8th May 2017),  piggzy (8th May 2017)