Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Right I have had enough of EE

Fucking assholes my BB keeps dropping out and disconnecting.

bt have been out to our house twice now and found no fault had a new router and still crap.
    This has been ongoing for 4 months now and I have had enough!!

so I phoned EE and told them where to shove their broadband and phone line and then called bt who are not only cheaper but have even thrown in free tv and a nice £125 gift card.

Well let's see if those knobends can do a little better?

Arggggh fucking EE I have been with them on mobile since orange back in 1995-96 but if my mobiles were due for renewal I would drop the lot.

Bloddy idiots </rant>
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Right I have had enough of EE

Hope BT are better for you matey, I switched to them from virmin who were a complete joke

DF Super Moderator Rick Sanchez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

BT own EE. Phone up to transfer everything over

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Domain Registration, SSL Certificates and Web Hosting - Fusionhost- 25% Discount Available On All Web Hosting Plans For DF Members - Code: DF2022

Thanks
    Karma Level

In my opinion there all the same .good till they screw up .
    Then your in a world of pain . BT for me have been the worst
    Best bet is rout the call to retentions and get then to connect you to higher level support ,tell them you are about to cancel and this is there last shot to sort it out

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If you're signing up for BT use quidco or top cash back for a further £60-150 cash back on top of that £125 card. Check both these sites as one is always better for some packages and the other for other packages.

Twitter is also the best place for support from most these companies, annoying that this is the case but you seem to get escalated to second line support.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bt called this morning apparently EE have been assholes and cancelled our account so bt can't take it over so now we have to have a new landline number.

The guy guy at bt said they would have done that out of spite there was no need for them to do that.
    Just goes to show how diabolical the service from EE really is.

10-12 days bt goes live and I can't wait to get away from EE.
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Teajunkie View Post
    The guy guy at bt said they would have done that out of spite there was no need for them to do that.
    Just goes to show how diabolical the service from EE really is.
    That's unprofessional on both sides. I worked at BT for about 15 years and most of my old team have recently been relocated to an EE office LOL. You will probably find they are sat a row of desks from each other
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

As above BT to own EE but at this point that means fuck all. Still using EE's hardware and BT have had no time at all to improve or upgrade things as of yet. Hope it improves in the future but I went via actual BT too and is much better.

Yes they all use BT openreaches lines but they can and do put different contentions on them, restrict them how they please and usually use terrible hardware in the exchange......

Thanks
    Karma Level

Unbundling of the lines is in my opinion the worst decision ever. If they left BT run the telecoms in this country we would be far ahead of where we are now. BT have to develop the products and sell them on but Ofcom (in their infinite wisdom) have set a minimum that BT can charge for their broadband service. Other ISPs do not have this restriction. I'm sure BT would love to be able to offer their broadband products at a more competitive price - ah well. It's still the best broadband service I've ever received with prompt responses when I've had issues and professional engineers. That isn't me "big upping" my old company - they genuinely are the best in my opinion.

I guess the move to get EE customers onto the BT platform will be a slow one due to the nature of the work that needs to be undertaken. They probably don't want to just cut everyone over as they would have a lot of customers not using the reliable BT equipment and there's the price difference they need to iron out.

The only good thing is that EE should now (or soon) be following BTs escalation procedures and other processes which should improve service but any "cheap" hardware used will still be in place.
    DF Moderator

Thanks to EvilBoB

piggzy (26th May 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had BT for years. Their fibre service has been spot on. Good speeds and reliability. When I moved to my new flat they even put a phone line in for free since we never had one. Bloke was a nice guy, left me a few spares as well

I know some have had nightmares with them, but I've never had any issue in at least 5 years.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoB View Post
    Unbundling of the lines is in my opinion the worst decision ever. If they left BT run the telecoms in this country we would be far ahead of where we are now. BT have to develop the products and sell them on but Ofcom (in their infinite wisdom) have set a minimum that BT can charge for their broadband service. Other ISPs do not have this restriction. I'm sure BT would love to be able to offer their broadband products at a more competitive price - ah well. It's still the best broadband service I've ever received with prompt responses when I've had issues and professional engineers. That isn't me "big upping" my old company - they genuinely are the best in my opinion.

Ahem, BT recently renewed a lot of their infrastructure as their plan for the 21st Century. Problem being instead of getting us ready for the next 100 years the kit was out of date before it was installed.

End result meaning my mate in Lithuania makes fun out of me as he has 200Mb symmetric connection which is very common as a domestic connection over their.

My phone can get 45Mb down, 25Mb up using 4G (or 3G LTE technology if we are going to be precise)

Yet BT's kit can only get 2.5Mb down and 0.5Mb up using copper at my mum's place.

And as can be expected with "progress", we can't even bond lines using MLPPP to compensate for the lack of bandwidth as the new kit installed as part of 21CN doesn't allow it any more.

Sorry mate but when my mobile phone pisses all over a hard wired connection, I can only describe the service as pathetically out of date.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over Carl View Post
    Sorry mate but when my mobile phone pisses all over a hard wired connection, I can only describe the service as pathetically out of date.
    I think the problem is more to do with the rural elements of the infrastructure. Since unbundling BT have to fight a tide of other providers and of course cost versus return. I live in a tiny village that's lucky enough to have FTTC (albeit maxed out at the exchange now) but there are other villages (relatively) close by that will probably never get fibre due to the massive costs and low population. You will probably find that your friend in Lithuania lives in an area where the cost v return is worth the investment. Also Telia who own the infrastructure probably don't have strict pricing systems like the UK has and they have the monopoly there. I'm not that good with geography but from what I remember of Lithuania is that there are a lot of high population town/cities and not much rurally - in fact the rural locations probably wouldn't know what a computer looked like

If you look at countries where the telecoms has remained government owned they are the ones pushing gigabit links and more cutting edge tech on their telecoms. Japan for example has had insanely fast internet for many years however more rural parts of Japan have had much lower connection speeds.

Either way I still rate the UKs internet infrastructure above most other countries that I've visited - and BT's wifi setup is spot on - rarely do I go anywhere and not get BT Wifi (for free as part of my package).
    DF Moderator

Thanks
    Karma Level

My mum's house is in Hounslow. 21CN has been fully rolled out in this area.

The name 21CN and reading up on the idea makes it sound like BT have rolled out infrastructure to support the demands of the 21st Century which has been rolled out in Hounslow to make the point even clearer.

The name 21CN implies they have upgraded their network to handle the needs of the next 82 1/2 years.

Nothing you have said explains why BT installed kit that was inadequate at time of installation as their plan to upgrade their network to meet needs for the remainder of the century.

It's like me saying I need for example's sake £1000 per month to survive. If I create Over Carl's financial plan to be self sufficient for the next 10 years, but the plan only covers £5000 while people in "developing economies" have serious plans and have put aside £250000 each in order to meet their current level of expenditure and to cover future inflation, I think the only reaction I would get on explaining my plan is laughter.

Or to use words of others:

"The plan has come under some criticism, mainly due to BT's plans for broadband internet access services. BT's main plan for providing Internet access is to upgrade their DSLAMs to ADSL2+ in the exchange. This has been controversial because ADSL2+ is already an old technology and is limited to 24Mbit/s downstream,[3] and will be even more dated by the time 21CN is completed."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_21CN#Criticism

Or to put it another way, I'm still waiting for an explanation of why typical mobile phone broadband pisses all over BT's 21st century network pretty much right at the beginning of the 21st century.
    Last edited by Over Carl; 26th May 2017 at 07:53 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I must be one of the lucky ones - been with EE for many years. I get @ 20mb download speed (not on fibre). I did have very similar problems (& also phoneline problems) several years ago - tried new filters, new router, BT fitted a new box in my house - also put a new dropwire from the pole to my house & never manage to solve the problem. I complained to customer support & told them if it wasnt fixed soon I would leave. Well the idiot I spoke to did actually close my account, and once the request had been put in it could not be reversed. After more complaints to customer services - & they listened to the recording they made me lots of nice offers and many many free months and a reduced tariff after the free months. The problem turned out to be a faulty card in the exchange - so when they reconnected me it was to another card and I have been problem free for a number of years now.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Worked as an IT contractor for BT for years and would agree the the unbundling ruined it. OFCOM cause more problem than they fix and all they did was take a monopoly of sorts and hand it to Virgin in one sense.

Speeds would be far greater if they weren't constantly paying unfair fines and jumping hoops. When I first started at BT technology was all tested and working but was held back and it was not BT delaying it.

It's all fucked up now.

Social Networking Bookmarks