Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The 2017 UK Election

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    Anyone noticed that Boris has emerged from his hiding place over the past week or so?

Perhaps positioning himself for the top job again, if May has to resign on Friday morning?

lol, god help us
    That is exactly what he is doing.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think it would be great if Boris replaced May. As long as the Tories don't win of course.
    It would be great to watch the Conservatives implode.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Trump and Boris.... Putin and North Korea will have a field day. Get me off this fkin planet.

DJ OD

Thanks to DJ OD

piggzy (6th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well because my local area is a conservative area with a majority of 10k+ (Canterbury) I decided a few weeks ago to tackle the problem head on.

The issue is Canterbury & Whitstable traditionally have <40% voter turnout.
    The firgures are -
    Cunservitives - 22,918
    Labour - 13,120
    Lib Dems - 6,227
    UKIP - 7,289

Consider that during term time Canterbury contains 40,000...yes you read it right 40k students. we know most of them haven't voted. We also know most of them now hate the lib dems as much as they do the conservatives - So therefore the object of the game is to drill into people that not voting gives the conservative mp (Who openly states he doesn't get involved in local issues) a free ride while our local hospital slowly shuts down and out 2 universities will suffer hard from a full on no deal hard brexit. The other objective was also to convert the young and gee the students up - the local facebook page is the very place they ALL hang out. So I took it upon myself to take up the torch.

Well I have had quite a few great debates...which when they realise I was correct all along (Vote Labour) then it all ends well lol. But today I was chatting away on a local issue when someone called out a member of the page as a paid for conservative "Digital and social Media" consultant. His linkdin profile states that he has worked for the conservatives and also a few other political parties and councils ect. The thing is this guy had auto blocked ME so I couldn't dissect his arguments nor his posts lol. I had no idea who he was. It also turns out that he is posing as a Local Lib dem supporter and he has actively campaigned to basically split the vote. To further this end he has also instructed several other conservative campaigners (All dressed up as either libDem or UKIP) to block me too.....I can only assume to the same end.
    It has all come crashing down around him/them now as they have been exposed by someone who I don't even know lol....Just some punter who googled the guy because he had the hump with his views lol. It's hilarious lol. I actually feel flattered to be blocked by a conservative employed media strategist.
    I have enjoyed the last few weeks local debates ect. I think im wasted as a spark lol. I "might" get officially involved in local politics AFTER this GE because I have found 1. Lots of easily remedied corruption. 2. Woeful local parties organisation (All of them) and finally 3. There is things I/we/you can do if you get your foot in the door with regards local politics and issues. Oh and a 4th addon the Conservatives have held this seat for 160 years.....I would love to be part of a group that changed that.

5 Thanks given to DavidF

Ashley (7th June 2017),  beansontoast (8th June 2017),  flumperino (6th June 2017),  Ganty (7th June 2017),  piggzy (8th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh just to add my response when I was alerted to the above was to post links to fiverr and iwriter to the local conservative page with advice that 1. This will save the money and 2. The output and content will be of higher quality even at $1 per hour lol.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Theresa May unveils final major U-turn of election by voting Labour

Theresa May has waited until election day to unveil perhaps her most significant U-turn yet, after announcing outside her local polling station that she has voted labour.

In an unusual change of stance, the Prime Minister has reassured those intending to vote Conservative, that just because she happens to have sided with the main opposition party, doesn’t make her any less of a credible leader.
    “It’s not the sort of tactical move we normally see in the political sphere,” said political analyst Simon Williams.
    “As a general rule of thumb, most if not all party leaders running in the general elections throughout history have tended to vote for themselves.
    “But I suppose when she’s already performed a one-eighty on remaining in the EU, promising to freeze energy prices, the dementia tax and saying she wouldn’t call a general election, then a complete reversal on her deeply held political ideologies isn’t a total shock to the system.”
    A Conservative spokesman defended Theresa May’s decision, explaining that it was just the kind of strong and stable U-turn the Prime Minister has been continuously executing throughout her limited time as Prime Minister.
    “Particularly on election day, it would have been grossly inconsistent for the Prime Minister to do a U-turn on performing last minute U-turns, and no doubt the British people will see through Jeremy Corbyn’s selfish decision to vote for the same party he’s actually leading.”

Newsthump
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

2 Thanks given to GTI

Ashley (8th June 2017),  piggzy (8th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Canterbury voted Labour by 200 votes. Not too bad from a 10 k Tory majority. Canterbury has never had anything other than conservative EVER. I'm quite happy at this moment lo.

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk
    Er a part time bad poker player was ere:bomb:

Thanks to DavidF

Ashley (9th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Delighted to see the arrogant Tory bastards smarting from this episode, maybe they will learn to do what Corbyn did and 'Listen' to the people.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

5 Thanks given to GTI

Ashley (9th June 2017),  Bald Bouncer (9th June 2017),  DavidF (9th June 2017),  flumperino (10th June 2017),  plug1 (9th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thought this was a fascinating analysis. Got to be highly unlikely though....

Jeremy Corbyn is playing the long game – if history is indeed repeating itself, he will be the Prime Minister

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7783336.html

4 Thanks given to flumperino

Ashley (10th June 2017),  Bald Bouncer (10th June 2017),  MHP (10th June 2017),  piggzy (10th June 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Would be a great tactical move if he did, I think he has been watching house of cards [emoji848]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    Thought this was a fascinating analysis. Got to be highly unlikely though....
    This might be not so unlikely, however the ending to that story leaves us with another Thatcher... I'm beginning to smell a rat here, even the most ardent Tory knew that fox hunting, the ivory trade and paying for your care in old age was political suicide when it come to election pledges. I get the feeling we are being played.

2 Thanks given to MHP

piggzy (10th June 2017),  Rick Sanchez (11th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MHP View Post
    This might be not so unlikely, however the ending to that story leaves us with another Thatcher... I'm beginning to smell a rat here, even the most ardent Tory knew that fox hunting, the ivory trade and paying for your care in old age was political suicide when it come to election pledges. I get the feeling we are being played.
    I know what you are saying. It seems like they are being intentionally stupid. It just doesn't add up for me. Is May really that stupid? As her top aids have now "resigned" I guess the blame game is starting pretty quick.

Thanks to piggzy

MHP (10th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

The Tory party and Parliamentary Labour Party are far from stupid. They both have serious money and friends backing them up. There is a long game at play here and I'm afraid that Mr Corbyn is a convenient pawn in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    I know what you are saying. It seems like they are being intentionally stupid. It just doesn't add up for me. Is May really that stupid? As her top aids have now "resigned" I guess the blame game is starting pretty quick.
    Only conclusion I can come to is nobody not even Boris wants to do Brexit. There are a few who would gladly do it and go to wta trade with the eu but they are not at the top end of the Tory party. Only leader who would gladly do it is Farage and he will NEVER be in the position to do it.

Thanks to DavidF

piggzy (10th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would agree if they had a shining light leader in waiting......but they don't. I think there next p.m.was in the question time audience the other night lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

The Tory party and Parliamentary Labour Party are far from stupid. They both have serious money and friends backing them up. There is a long game at play here and I'm afraid that Mr Corbyn is a convenient pawn in the grand scheme of things.
    Wouldn't you say that Blair's new best for Britain brand is the start of a new neo liberal party but this election caught them by surprise so they resorted to funding pro remain mp's of every party.....True fact that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

One last point. New Labour are gutted by this. They wanted to get rid now. They can't afford to have him change leadership contest rules. He is changing it from 50 mp's to 10 mp's to get your name on the ballot paper. This means that potentially the masses will always select the party leader....That's a massive change. The next clean generation of left wing clean candidates are already being groomed for the job. (Groomed not a great word lol)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Whatever happens I hope we see the back of May VERY soon as I really cant stomach seeing her smug face.

Nothing worse than a cunt that everybody hates acting like they don't realise it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    Only conclusion I can come to is nobody not even Boris wants to do Brexit. There are a few who would gladly do it and go to wta trade with the eu but they are not at the top end of the Tory party. Only leader who would gladly do it is Farage and he will NEVER be in the position to do it.
    The BIG money doesn’t want to leave the EU. This may coincide with a large proportion of the population but that’s just a fortunate coincidence.

I would agree if they had a shining light leader in waiting......but they don't. I think there next p.m.was in the question time audience the other night lol
    What they have in waiting is off our radar. That’s why they pay major advertising, marketing and media companies millions of pounds.

Wouldn't you say that Blair's new best for Britain brand is the start of a new neo liberal party but this election caught them by surprise so they resorted to funding pro remain mp's of every party.....True fact that.
    Yes I agree, however if you think that Mr Blair’s influence over the PLP is over then I disagree.

One last point. New Labour are gutted by this. They wanted to get rid now. They can't afford to have him change leadership contest rules. He is changing it from 50 mp's to 10 mp's to get your name on the ballot paper. This means that potentially the masses will always select the party leader....That's a massive change. The next clean generation of left wing clean candidates are already being groomed for the job. (Groomed not a great word lol)
    I agree, the PLP are ruffled but I’m sure they already have a plan B. Time will tell.

Whatever your beliefs and political allegiances… there is something underhanded going on here.

2 Thanks given to MHP

DavidF (10th June 2017),  piggzy (10th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree with both MHP and DavidF not that I am some sort of authority but I think you both make sense and are as sceptical as I am of a lot of what is happening right now.

We need change, not of government but a whole lot more imho... Governments are not even elected democratically anyway.

Although I think Brexit was/is bad I sort of feel Nigel Farage may have served a purpose of sorts, showing TPTB that they need to change. They cannot blindly convince as easily as they once could.

Thanks to piggzy

MHP (11th June 2017)  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast