Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default The 2017 UK Election

Is anyone else starting to think it might not go the Tories way ???

Maybe it is wishful thinking but watching the polls which we all know can mean fuck all it has gone from clear Conservative victory without any shadow of a doubt to a smaller and smaller victory and then today polls started to show Hung Parliament !!!

She is a coward in debates which she got torn apart for today.
    More and more celebs are being vocal in shouting against the Tories. Not perhaps promoting labour or another but I feel they may have some sway with the younger voters.

Brexit, then Trump could we see another shock at the polls?

Personally I find this one quite interesting.

On a smug note I would love to see Theresa's face if she did lose. She can lie, but she is not that great at it imho. Her face usually paints a thousand words.

6 Thanks given to piggzy

Ashley (31st May 2017),  beansontoast (31st May 2017),  DavidF (1st June 2017),  flumperino (31st May 2017),  JonEp (2nd June 2017),  Over Carl (31st May 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The 2017 UK Election

She's as empty as fuck mate. Sorry I couldn't go with another description I can't be thinking properly at the mo I just am happy with the way things are going now. She has nothing, she has tried to bend the electoral process and take advantage of what looked like a good lead in the polls to call the snap election and lied about the real reason by bullshitting that the election was about brexit. Dirt bag has cocked up massively.

I'd love to wipe my arse and wipe it in her face. She probably wouldn't even know what to do without asking Crosby. Thick as fuck bag. "No offence"
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

2 Thanks given to beansontoast

Bald Bouncer (31st May 2017),  piggzy (31st May 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Daring to dream mate....

If the Tories did lose, I would laugh my tits off forever......

Thanks
    Karma Level

4 Thanks given to Over Carl

flumperino (31st May 2017),  Ganty (1st June 2017),  JonEp (1st June 2017),  piggzy (1st June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I can't help thinking were fucked either way and I really don't think collectively the various parties put together can save us.

We pay them so little money to run the country compared to comparable jobs in the real world and MPs in other countries it makes it difficulty to attract great people to represent us and ultimately run GB Plc. All the current crop scare the fuck out of me.

I've never voted Labour in my life but our local Labour MP has done stunning work in regards to getting our local A&E reopened when the neighbouring Tory MP never, not once, turned up for a meeting in over a year of campaigning. For that reason he is going to get my vote but I can't imagine what would happen if Labour win the election. Definitely a popcorn moment.

3 Thanks given to JonEp

Bald Bouncer (1st June 2017),  evilsatan (1st June 2017),  MHP (2nd June 2017)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I am on the same lines as Jon, I feel we are fucked either way. Hard brexit isn't necessarily a good thing, the EU seems to be pretty strong (so much for dominos) and with Merkels comments putting us in the same category as the US and Russia about not being able to rely on us were a bit concerning - in hard negotiations her and Macron would hold more cards than us I fear.

On the other hand, Corbyns own party doesn't seem to truly support him so how strong will labour be in power? I'm disgusted about the rhetoric set by the media to try and smear Corbyn and spin any positivity. An example is how renewing trident is in his manifesto, purely because the party voted on it. I think it will pain him deeply to renew nuclear weapons but he stuck true to democracy so feel some respect is needed for that rather than focusing on his own agenda.

Labour will affect my pocket when they raise corporation tax and the Tories think they will cut it but at the moment I think I will be voting labour as I like Corbyn, what he stands for and he won't be looking out for himself or corporations who may have sweetheart deals with the Tories. Doesn't hurt that's I also hate Theresa May with a passion...

If I had more time I'd have a bit more to say but got to go out! I feel that whoever wins, a lot of the Brexiters will be disappointed as I think a lot of the promises in the campaign will be watered down or abandoned.

3 Thanks given to evilsatan

Bald Bouncer (1st June 2017),  JonEp (1st June 2017),  piggzy (1st June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

The thing with the anti Corbyn movement within the PLP....because it only really exists amongst the MP's is the following (I think). 1st they are generally careerists these days so if they want a future career in politics then they will have to toe the party line...IF they do not then they may find themselves out of the plp altogether because part of Corbyn's job has to do with reorganising what was a deeply flawed voting system within the labour party itself. It was something of a closed shop....still is. BUT the Corbyn team are rejigging this and before he resigns he IS going to see through these reforms. This is going to include mandatory reselection for labour mp's......They go against their local labour party at their pearl now as their job is on the line if the fuck up....and rightly so.
    So even if Corbyn looses the Labour party will change and it will be a change for the better where maybe a less tainted person will eventually take over with similar policies.

Anyway back to today - best line from last night was ......Farron looking direct to camera and saying "Your not worth T.May's time....do not give her yours".......Brilliant and the type of comment that lives in people's heads when they hold that little pencil in their hand.

The more the conservatives even speak their poll ratings fall. Either they are all incapable of appealing to even their own voters or they actually don't want to win - Apparently in 2010 most senior Labour mp's did not want to get back in to no.10 for 2 reasons - 1. Get rid of Brown and 2. They could blame the next lot on the debt and ride to the "rescue" in 5 years time with David millband ........OOPS !! Quite possible that Bojo and his considerable in party following are helping to sabotage this election so that they can sit the next few difficult years out with BJ taking over as con leader ready to "rescue" us all after the exit (or not) from the EU......HE is already disagreeing that immigration should be cut lol and wants students removed from the counting. You really couldn't make it up.

4 Thanks given to DavidF

Bald Bouncer (1st June 2017),  elephantsoup (2nd June 2017),  flumperino (1st June 2017),  piggzy (1st June 2017)  

DF Super Moderator Rick Sanchez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    Labour will affect my pocket when they raise corporation tax and the Tories think they will cut it but at the moment I think I will be voting labour as I like Corbyn, what he stands for and he won't be looking out for himself or corporations who may have sweetheart deals with the Tories. Doesn't hurt that's I also hate Theresa May with a passion....
    They have cut corp tax bud, it's 19% now
    Domain Registration, SSL Certificates and Web Hosting - Fusionhost- 25% Discount Available On All Web Hosting Plans For DF Members - Code: DF2022

Thanks
    Karma Level

To the fucked either way people on this thread NO!

You will be less fucked under labour.

As a resident of northern Ireland my vote doesnt mean a fuck. At least you can make a slight difference.

4 Thanks given to elephantsoup

Bald Bouncer (2nd June 2017),  DavidF (2nd June 2017),  Ganty (2nd June 2017),  GTI (2nd June 2017)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by elephantsoup View Post

As a resident of northern Ireland my vote doesnt mean a fuck. At least you can make a slight difference.
    Less fucked is still fucked, that was my point It just feels like we are being made an example of for leaving the EU, I hoped that Macron being a centralist and Merkel being to the left of right wing (from my Google anyway) would mean they'd warm better to Corbyn in negotiations but it probably doesn't work that way. With America walking away from the climate deal perhaps they will focus their negativity there for a while. I agree that Labour is the better choice for the country and society as a whole though.

Thanks to evilsatan

JonEp (2nd June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by elephantsoup View Post

As a resident of northern Ireland my vote doesn't mean a fuck. At least you can make a slight difference.
    Your fucked over there too from my limited understanding of NI politics but I can see why a Labour victory may assist keep the glue on.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Made an example of - LOLOLOLO. Tell me IF Germany left the EU and the UK was still an active part of the EU (Basically a reverse situation) What type of deal would YOU offer the Germans ? Now multiply that feeling by 27......Do you still think it is the EU punishing or do you think it is a purely natural reaction to a "quitter".
    The reason I almost immediately thanked Elephantsoup's post was purely because he lives in NI......
    Hard border or a "rushed" reunification "Border poll" on the cards. All the MSM talking about how the IRA were obviously the ONLY terrorists at work over in Ireland, The Tories particularly hyping that up. I actually hope that those over in NI ect do not get the same news and slant on the news that the mainland gets....Because I bet a lot of old feelings are starting to surface if they do. Fucking MSM and the Tories mainly will have a lot to answer for.
    The second reason for thanking is that he is right that under Labour you would indeed be less fucked. as I said before targeted and intelligent investment in the country 9/10 pays at least £1 for every £1 invested. Invest in Roads, Rail, Public transport of all types of public transport, Invest in innovation, High speed broadband to every corner of the country, Invest in new tech, Invest in education,Invest in training, Push green energy forward hard....ALL of these would actually help anyone who has or is thinking of having a business and ergo these things then help the worker producing higher skilled jobs and so therefore better paid jobs....Better paid jobs = more productivity and ALL of that together = More tax receipts back to the UK....eventually. Even businesses need to speculate to accumulate where is the difference with government ?
    It's a lie that the UK worker is lazier than his G7 counterpart...He/She is just less productive and the reason is because the UK businesses and government have not invested in education,training and technology in anything like the percentages of gdp that our "rivals" around the globe have. But "lazy brit's" suits the narratives for not paying living wages ect.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Conservative candidate Craig Mackinlay charged over election expenses

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-40129826

Splendid timing

2 Thanks given to flumperino

DavidF (2nd June 2017),  Ganty (2nd June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    Conservative candidate Craig Mackinlay charged over election expenses

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-40129826

Splendid timing
    About bloody time, I have zero respect or time for UKIP or Nigel Farage but this stank of dishonesty throwing everything they had at beating him regardless of the rules and regulations.

3 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

DavidF (2nd June 2017),  flumperino (2nd June 2017),  GTI (2nd June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    About bloody time, I have zero respect or time for UKIP or Nigel Farage but this stank of dishonesty throwing everything they had at beating him regardless of the rules and regulations.
    Likewise, and as much as I despise UKIP and their rhetoric, 4 million votes should of given them more than 1 seat in parliament, in this supposed democracy.

The sooner FPTP is ditched the better. Can't see it happening under Tories or Labour though (despite Corbyn and McDonnell backing it), too much vested interest in maintaining the status quo.

2 Thanks given to Ganty

Bald Bouncer (2nd June 2017),  DavidF (2nd June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

We've been fucked since the Brexit vote. What stupid fkin idea it was to put that to a public vote. Worse still allowing all the misguided campaigning and mis-information being dished out from both sides.

We have some shit times ahead, and yet to me nothing has changed in years, despite all the promises.

Were fucked due to immigration. I'm not against this, diversity is a good thing, but we've been oversubscribed. If our government was Delta airlines we would be draging people away... but its not and its done. Happened. The problems we face now have slowing been snowballing for most of my life... What we have here is a saturation point.

Everything in this country cannot cope with the people living in it. Everyone complains about it, governments keep saying they will sort it, but essentially we are an insurance write off.

Hospitals, schools, roads, public transport, healthcare, pensions, all fucked with no light at the end of the tunnel. Not enough jobs to go around, increases in crime and poverty. Thus no money being spent, shops close, economy goes to fuck. Now we're on our own, split from Europe we can't even escape to Spain unless we pay more to do it and pay again for public services. Even the Scots don't want to be associated with us.

We are officially FUCKED. Either way, labour or conservative. As said maybe fractionally less fucked with one or the other but still royally fucked.

I've been saying it for years, we need a full on fucking world war. Just hope the aliens pick me up and take me away beforehand.

DJ OD

Thanks to DJ OD

akimba (8th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    Were fucked due to immigration. I'm not against this, diversity is a good thing, but we've been oversubscribed. If our government was Delta airlines we would be draging people away... but its not and its done. Happened. The problems we face now have slowing been snowballing for most of my life... What we have here is a saturation point.

Everything in this country cannot cope with the people living in it. Everyone complains about it, governments keep saying they will sort it, but essentially we are an insurance write off.

Hospitals, schools, roads, public transport, healthcare, pensions, all fucked with no light at the end of the tunnel. Not enough jobs to go around, increases in crime and poverty. Thus no money being spent, shops close, economy goes to fuck. Now we're on our own, split from Europe we can't even escape to Spain unless we pay more to do it and pay again for public services. Even the Scots don't want to be associated with us.

We are officially FUCKED. Either way, labour or conservative. As said maybe fractionally less fucked with one or the other but still royally fucked.

I've been saying it for years, we need a full on fucking world war. Just hope the aliens pick me up and take me away beforehand.

DJ OD
    Not only do I disagree, I believe the opposite is true.

We are fucked WITHOUT immigration.

The Tories have pledged to cut numbers to 99,999 by next parliament, however the Office of Budget Reponsiblity suggests that even cutting numbers to 105,000 would cause GDP to FALL by £20bn.

The fact is that 7 years of false austerity haven't provided the necessary expansions required to our schools, hospitals, public services etc... The money is there to do so, it's just the Governemnt thinks it's better spent on Millionaires and what not.

Space is also not an issue, with an esitimated 2.27% of land being "built on" (SOURCE)

What we need as a country is massive social investment, and the Tories have never been capable of doing so.

5 Thanks given to Ganty

Bald Bouncer (2nd June 2017),  DavidF (2nd June 2017),  elephantsoup (6th June 2017),  GTI (2nd June 2017),  plug1 (7th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

The problem is that they took all the tax that the immigration generated and never used a penny of it to build the extra infrastructure to cope with the numbers. The U.K. Government has technically defrauded the European migrant tax payers if you think of what you pay tax for.

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk
    Er a part time bad poker player was ere:bomb:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    Not only do I disagree, I believe the opposite is true.

We are fucked WITHOUT immigration.

The Tories have pledged to cut numbers to 99,999 by next parliament, however the Office of Budget Reponsiblity suggests that even cutting numbers to 105,000 would cause GDP to FALL by £20bn.

The fact is that 7 years of false austerity haven't provided the necessary expansions required to our schools, hospitals, public services etc... The money is there to do so, it's just the Governemnt thinks it's better spent on Millionaires and what not.

Space is also not an issue, with an esitimated 2.27% of land being "built on" (SOURCE)

What we need as a country is massive social investment, and the Tories have never been capable of doing so.
    Not really opposdite more a neverending story. If immigration continues unregulated, we have no hope as exactly what you said will continue to happen with money "disappearing". It will be worse though the population numbers will increase but the money will still disappear.

Unregulated immigration over 30 years has got us here, not immigration itself. I agree in priciple it helps, but not enough with the way its managed. Moreover I think that most immigrants have contributed to the economy more than the brit benefit street wankers ever did/do.

All the sending of money "back home" has fucked our economy. Immigrant arrives, works hard, earns hard. Sends money home, now UK is fucked, also go back home. All the countries most immigrants came from recently (the eastern europeans) are now better off than the UK. Eventially no one will even want to come here, apart from asylum seekers...

I in no way think this will change anytime soon. Space IS an issue because because people gravitate to where the schools, hospitals, other people are. We "have" the space, but the money needed to develop all the things needed for people to spread out is gone. No amount of bringing more people in, will raise the cash to cover the latest wave, let alone all the ones already here.

Any "Office" of anything will be full of spin doctors and creative accountants. No one needs %ages and numbers to see the state the country is in. Neither government will be able to make a significant difference without radical and consistant periods of funding to public services.

Let immigrants in, fine, but the rules need to change. More needs to be done with the brits as well. Entire benefits system needs reviewing, accountants running the NHS needs to end. All these type of things will offer a small step in the right direction. Cumalatively and over time, a long time, it might work. But only with complete support from the government regardless red or blue.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Anyone noticed that Boris has emerged from his hiding place over the past week or so?

Perhaps positioning himself for the top job again, if May has to resign on Friday morning?

lol, god help us

Thanks to flumperino

piggzy (6th June 2017)  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast