Xbox One X

Thread: Xbox One X

akimba said:

Default Xbox One X

So I didn't think they would dump the xbox one yet as it stood for one device does all but just adding a X to give it the feel of something special is a little wet in my opinion. But its what it can do that counts I suppose ;-)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7th November at £450 ;-)

CominAtcha said:

Default Re: Xbox One X

To be fair, if you can't get a gaming PC to do the same for under 500 notes* (not forgetting monitor, mouse, keyboard, controller, OS etc), then this isn't such a bad shout. Of course, you would need to fork out for a 4K telly though! But if you already have one.......

*Not checked.

Ganty said:

Quote Originally Posted by CominAtcha View Post
    To be fair, if you can't get a gaming PC to do the same for under 500 notes* (not forgetting monitor, mouse, keyboard, controller, OS etc), then this isn't such a bad shout. Of course, you would need to fork out for a 4K telly though! But if you already have one.......

*Not checked.
    No, not quite, but most people would have the basics as it were, so more achievable, with of course the huge amount of added functionality you get with PC.

Still can't decide whether 4k is worth it, I play 1080p at 60+fps on PC and really can't fault it.

beerman said:

Looks like I'll be waiting a year. I can't bring myself to spend £450 on something that I cannot make full use of as I don't have a 4k TV.

rmj2663 said:

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    Looks like I'll be waiting a year. I can't bring myself to spend £450 on something that I cannot make full use of as I don't have a 4k TV.
    Same here, quite happy with my Xbox One current setup

{{909}} said:

so this is a 4k xbox one, whats the xbox one S then?

Really don't know wtf MS are doing these days, I can't imagine the mass market upping from their relatively new S, or many parents being convinced they need to buy their kids another version of the same console to play the same games, especially when 4k was the buzzword for the S already.

piggzy said:

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post

Really don't know wtf MS are doing these days, I can't imagine the mass market upping from their relatively new S, or many parents being convinced they need to buy their kids another version of the same console to play the same games, especially when 4k was the buzzword for the S already.
    The S is just the slim that also happens to upscale 4k

The X is far, far more powerful and the worlds first native 4k console.

I'm in no rush but then again Not seen one in action yet..

piggzy said:

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post

The S is just the slim that also happens to upscale 4k

The X is far, far more powerful and the worlds first native 4k console.

I'm in no rush but then again Not seen one in action yet..

akimba said:

The s was same hardware as orig xbox one really.

This is a redesign from ground up and will be the new xbox for the next life cycle i.e. 7-10 years.

I think the naming change to just add an X does not reflect the revision change of the system which is probably why people are thinking why bother upgrade.

Mystical_2K said:

would love one but not dropping that kind of cash after buying 2x Xbox One S consoles last year for the same price each
    I will wait for a price drop or two
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

akimba said:

See I am still rolling the Xbox Day One console so is a good time to get a new console but not got a 4k tv in games room so urrgghhhh!

Ganty said:

Quote Originally Posted by akimba View Post
    The s was same hardware as orig xbox one really.

This is a redesign from ground up and will be the new xbox for the next life cycle i.e. 7-10 years.

I think the naming change to just add an X does not reflect the revision change of the system which is probably why people are thinking why bother upgrade.
    9th Gen? Already?

I'm not so sure. This is Microsoft doing a nintendo 3ds on us, I'm sure.

CominAtcha said:

The announcement guy did mention that using one with a 1080p screen would still show a significant improvement in the graphics quality. But whether that's worth 450 notes to you.........

inspectercoley said:

Looks good. I'd still prefer Xbox to have more split screen games like the 360 used to. Maybe with more power it will.
    I will pickup when in the £300-375 price I suppose.

No mention of holo lense.

I like how more of the games are play anywhere, I'm tempted to get new laptop first.

akimba said:

Anyone else pre-ordered the X?
    I have but I think I missed the Launch day shipment I think I must be in phase 2/3 as delivery date is stated as before 25th Oct :-(

My justification is that I am still running the Day-One edition Xbox one as 4 years is long enough for a refresh ;-)

Still not got a 4K TV in me man cave to go with it yet only got one in living room :-S

beerman said:

Quote Originally Posted by akimba View Post
    Anyone else pre-ordered the X?
    I have but I think I missed the Launch day shipment I think I must be in phase 2/3 as delivery date is stated as before 25th Oct :-(

My justification is that I am still running the Day-One edition Xbox one as 4 years is long enough for a refresh ;-)

Still not got a 4K TV in me man cave to go with it yet only got one in living room :-S
    Did you buy a 4k TV for it then or are you going to be running it 1080p? I'd be interested to know if I should run out and buy the new Xbox being that the only option I have is 1080p.

greens117 said:

1080p should look awsome aswell if everything is running at 60fps

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I STINK GET OVER IT !

ilscuro said:

Nope they not getting my money.

Not yet anyway

akimba said:

I got a 4k in living room but no I not buying one for man cave but Yeah thats the theory it will improve the look at 1080p anyhow via supersampling? but also cut down loading times etc.

funkyg said:

I wish I'd ordered one now, I thought there'd still be some available in retail on launch.