Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xbox One X

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Xbox One X

Quote Originally Posted by funkyg View Post
    I wish I'd ordered one now, I thought there'd still be some available in retail on launch.
    Haha.. yeah I read the other day, not sure how true that there are months of waiting lists etc

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Haha.. yeah I read the other day, not sure how true that there are months of waiting lists etc
    I would thought was true as is a game changer in the gaming console market, I still feel the name makes it feel subdued as people think is just an upgraded ONE rather than a whole new console.

I wish I ordered 2 to be honest and hoped there was a good mark up on ebay as chrimbo approaches ;-)

Thanks to akimba

piggzy (2nd November 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Christ I must be getting old as the fact that this console exists completely passed me by.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got my Scorpio today, overall I'm happy with it. Had a couple of problems though.
    Transferred my games from Xbox one to the x using a hard drive. All good there. Tried moving forza 7 to the internal on the x and its stopped after 2gb, now refuses to move and is showing on both internal and external.
    My other problem is I booted up tomb raider, when to continue my saved game and as it was loading it crashed out saying failed to allocate graphics memory. Console turned off and refused to turn on for a couple of mins.
    Also my controller came with the left bumper stuck down, had to give it a bash to free it, been fine since.

Anyone else experienced similar or have I just been unlucky?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Not ordered one yet myself however im guessing what your describing is the typical console launch issues that will get smoothed out over time.

Have to tried deleting Forza and then re-downloading it?
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks to Mystical_2K

iNSPECTA (8th November 2017)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by iNSPECTA View Post
    Got my Scorpio today, overall I'm happy with it. Had a couple of problems though.
    Transferred my games from Xbox one to the x using a hard drive. All good there. Tried moving forza 7 to the internal on the x and its stopped after 2gb, now refuses to move and is showing on both internal and external.
    My other problem is I booted up tomb raider, when to continue my saved game and as it was loading it crashed out saying failed to allocate graphics memory. Console turned off and refused to turn on for a couple of mins.
    Also my controller came with the left bumper stuck down, had to give it a bash to free it, been fine since.

Anyone else experienced similar or have I just been unlucky?
    Both of my kid's(19y and 23y) got theirs yesterday, they copied all of their games to external HDD and had no problems at all, leave games on the external HDD as USB 3 is faster than STAT II(they both have Seagate Game Drive for Xbox)

Xbox One Games We Tested on Seagate Game Drive Xbox One 500GB Stock Drive 2TB Seagate Game Drive
    Call of Duty: Ghosts - Ghost Stories 32s 27.5s
    Call of Duty: Ghosts - Initial Load 19s 15s
    Sniper Elite 3 - Level 1 15.5s 13.5s
    Sniper Elite 3 - Initial Load 37s 34.5s
    Thief - Level 1 42s 43s
    Thief - Initial Load 18s 15s
    Tony Hawk Pro-Skater 5 - Initial Load 18.5s 15s
    Tony Hawk Pro-Skater 5 - Beach 19s 18.5s
    NFS Rivals - Initial Load 24s 22s
    NFS Rivals - Start Main Game 33.5s 32.5s
    Trials Fusion - Waterworks 9.5s 9s
    Trials Fusion - Stage 1 9.5s 9s

Sorry about the formatting!

Cheapreefer on instagram

2 Thanks given to ss30

iNSPECTA (8th November 2017),  piggzy (8th November 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was an all up for getting a One X, but on reflection decided against it for now. I can't see the real benefit (for me). Better resolution? I generally struggle to see the difference between 4K and 1080p downloaded movies. My tv doesn't support HDR.
    I think I just wanted one because it was shiny and new!
    As of yesterday Argos Bolton had some available for collection today, don't know if that's changed.
    Ooh, ooh, ooh, the funky gibbon.

Thanks to funkyg

Bald Bouncer (8th November 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

The solution to my Tomb Raider problem was to simply re-install it, working fine now.
    Same with forza, had to delete it off both internal and external drives and redownload.
    The reason for me transferring to internal was that I was getting very slight stuttering during the cut scenes on wolfenstein 2, same happened on my Xbox one so I assumed it must be a read thing with the external drive.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I got xbox one x and only issue I had was that the the HDMI in was set to stereo rather than surround sound ;-)

I heard rumours of issues of games not being updated to xbox one enhanced (which is selectable in my games and apps as a filter) If it not showing in there then you will need to re-download it or it should show as an update for the game.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by funkyg View Post
    I generally struggle to see the difference between 4K and 1080p downloaded movies. My tv doesn't support HDR.
    This may be because they are not true 4k downloads. True 4k is 60fps - Amazon's 4k streams are not very good. If you want to test it and your TV has it use Youtube and search "4k video" this seems to be the best around however it's still a compressed stream. UltraHD Blurays look far better than standard Bluray. Games likewise. Sharper and more detail.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks to EvilBoB

funkyg (11th November 2017)  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12