Close

Thread: Get Out

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Get Out

Hi
    Just watched "Get out!" would put this is the genre of thriller and thought it was a solid 7.5/10, I worked out what was going on about half way through but still had me on edge a bit. good acting for the most part, I thought, especially the girlfriend !
    Definitly worth a watch guys.
    LS

P.S. anybody using Trakt and fancy adding me?
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

Thanks to Lou_smorals

Mystical_2K (13th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Get Out

7.5/10. Very creepy and some good jump scare moments. Interesting story and the lead actor and actress were very good. However............

Spoiler:
    The ending fluffed it a bit for me, as the lead made his escape he starts strangling his g/friend and you think he is about to escape, but then i noticed he still had what looked like the leather straps from his chair appear on his wrists and then the girlfriend seemed to start smiling. I thought at this point we would flash to him been back in the chair or on the operating table and he never escaped at all.

Or perhaps...................

daughter does not realise she has been bringing all the black dudes to the house as she has been hypnotised all along and the shoebox with the photos snaps her into reality and it is both of them trying to escape

Or perhaps.................

yes the mother hypnotised him, but all of this taking his body is self induced and he has actually gone on a murderous rampage and the bit at the end where he is strangling his girlfriend is when he snaps out of it and realises he had murdered the entire family.

Any of these would have been a darker/better ending than his TSA mate driving across state in his work police car (no jurisdiction etc) and saving the day with wise cracks (poor ending to a good film).

Thanks to ivrytwr3

Lou_smorals (13th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think I went into this film with the wrong expectations. I believed it to be a horror film and finished it not being scared once.

It's deffo more a thriller and the premise is a good one, but it was all just a bit 'meh' in my opinion. The funny fat dude was indeed funny, but that just took the chilling edge off it even more. A shame. Could have been a lot better.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ivrytwr3 View Post
    7.5/10. Very creepy and some good jump scare moments. Interesting story and the lead actor and actress were very good. However............

Spoiler:
    The ending fluffed it a bit for me, as the lead made his escape he starts strangling his g/friend and you think he is about to escape, but then i noticed he still had what looked like the leather straps from his chair appear on his wrists and then the girlfriend seemed to start smiling. I thought at this point we would flash to him been back in the chair or on the operating table and he never escaped at all.

daughter does not realise she has been bringing all the black dudes to the house as she has been hypnotised all along and the shoebox with the photos snaps her into reality and it is both of them trying to escape

yes the mother hypnotised him, but all of this taking his body is self induced and he has actually gone on a murderous rampage and the bit at the end where he is strangling his girlfriend is when he snaps out of it and realises he had murdered the entire family.

Any of these would have been a darker/better ending than his TSA mate driving across state in his work police car (no jurisdiction etc) and saving the day with wise cracks (poor ending to a good film).
    Personally I thought the middle option myself. Saw it in the cinema, it has decent humour, good acting and was overall a good film. I had a bit higher expectations but still a solid 6.5/10+

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ivrytwr3 View Post

Spoiler:

Personally I thought the middle option. Saw it in the cinema, it has decent humour, good acting and was overall a good film. I had a bit higher expectations but still a solid 6.5/10+

Social Networking Bookmarks