Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Samsung EPP - anyone a member?

I am looking to buy a Samsung S3 Classic smartwatch. On the Samsung shop it is £349 and i can get it for £314 with my MoD discount.

However, someone mentioned the Samsung EPP - anyone able to tell me the price if going through the EPP? (and possibly help me purchase if decent?!)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Samsung EPP - anyone a member?

Just checked, it's the same price (£314). You missed out, bought mine about 2-3 months ago and they had £50 + epp discount. Great watch though, get one, but Samsung pay still doesn't work on it for UK watches if that bothers you, and the usual guff about the lack of apps still applies. But easily the best hardware/best looking watch available.

Thanks to nitelife

ivrytwr3 (28th June 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

any decent apps, watch faces, settings, advice you can offer about the watch?

It's coming tomorrow and knowing what you know now, what you recommend on initial set up?

Ta!

Thanks
    Karma Level

The best part of it is samsung health which I use alot. I like the heart rate tracker and sleep trackers. It's got auto exercise detection but if you manually start a walk (for example) it logs additional info like maps/height etc. The thing I miss most is the google integration, I would love to use google maps et al but they aren't supported. It has it's own set of apps though so it'll be a case of try and see what you miss. It really depends on what you want to use the watch for?

Oh there are alot of watch faces, but be careful. Try them and keep an eye on the battery. I've found some of them drain the battery fast and you might need to uninstall and reset to fix. There is a youtube app (xenozu) and the browser works reasonablly well. Flipboard News Briefing is good for when you bored for 5 minutes. Unfortunately svoice is a bit crap and not a patch on google assistance (but generally kinda works).

For some reason i'm peeved about S Pay. It's available in the UK if you have a UAE version of the watch (apparently), but then again Barclays being the c*nts they are when it comes to these things wont support it (like they dont support Android pay either, they want to create their own set of apps).

The thing I find the most useful is whatsapp and text message notifications. Also it's rumoured that if you download the Android Wear app, start it but then shut it down (since you cant actually connect to anything) it improves the experience of certain apps).

It's lovely though, very happy. Just miss the google integration a bit.
    Last edited by nitelife; 29th June 2017 at 08:53 AM. Reason: add

Thanks to nitelife

ivrytwr3 (29th June 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I picked up a new S3 Frontier in the USA a couple of months back for $299 (plus a few bucks sales tax brought it to just under $310) - so far I love it. I managed to set up Samsung Pay by adding a debit card (HSBC) and putting 00000 for the Zip Code - for some reason despite me setting it up with UK as the country when it was initialising some apps seem to default to USA things. I got a confirmation request message from HSBC, responded to say it was me and that I'd added the card and it seems to work - haven't actually bought anything using S-Pay yet though but it looks like it will.

Love the Samsung health features and have a decent free watch face downloaded which allows me to show local time + 2 other timezones/locations. get about 4 days battery life (depending how many FB messages/notifications I get)

Thanks to Northernbloke

ivrytwr3 (30th June 2017)