Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC Sport Neymar: Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde shrugs off PSG reports

Coach Ernesto Valverde reiterated his desire to keep Neymar at Barcelona after the Brazilian scored twice in a 2-1 friendly win over Juventus.
    Paris St-Germain have reportedly triggered the forward's 222m euro (£199m) release clause, although Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu told BBC Sport the 25-year-old is not for sale.
    Neymar did not speak to reporters after the pre-season win in New Jersey, but Valverde did address the speculation.

"We want Neymar with us," he said.
    "We know his value on the pitch and what he brings to the locker room."
    Neymar, who joined from Santos in 2013 and signed a new five-year contract until 2021 in October, only played for the first half of the International Champions Cup contest.
    He opened the scoring after 15 minutes following a clever exchange with Paco Alcacer and doubled the lead nine minutes later, drilling low past Gianluigi Buffon after burrowing through the Juve defence.
    Giorgio Chiellini scored a consolation for the beaten Champions League finalists just after the hour in front of a sell-out 82,104 crowd at the MetLife Stadium.

'We're always looking for players who can help the team'

PSG coach Unai Emery would not be drawn on the speculation following his side's International Champions Cup opener against Tottenham.
    After the Premier League runners-up recorded an emphatic 4-2 win in Orlando, Emery would only say PSG are "always looking for players who can help the team" when asked about Neymar.
    Christian Eriksen and Eric Dier cancelled out Edinson Cavani's opener in front of 33,332 fans at the Camping World Stadium, before Javier Pastore pulled PSG level just after the half hour.
    However, PSG goalkeeper Kevin Trapp was sent off in the opening 20 seconds of the second half for handling outside the box and Spurs capitalised with further goals by Toby Alderweireld and Harry Kane.
    "There are lot of positives to take," Spurs coach Mauricio Pochettino said. "It's a friendly but playing this kind of team it's always good to compete."

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Neymar: Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde shrugs off PSG reports

200million for one player is he really worth it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    200million for one player is he really worth it ?

His stats eclipse Messi's at the same point in their careers but yeah £200m :-0 where will it end?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by akimba View Post
    His stats eclipse Messi's at the same point in their careers but yeah £200m :-0 where will it end?
    I agree, spurs chairman levy has come out and said ref the spending, it has gone crazy.

China started it and now it saying they are struggling to pay players ?? Can't imagine tevez is needing a loan yet on his salary

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    I agree, spurs chairman levy has come out and said ref the spending, it has gone crazy.

China started it and now it saying they are struggling to pay players ?? Can't imagine tevez is needing a loan yet on his salary

Yeah Tevez is at one of the teams not paying wages and with him on £615,000 a week I would be worried that me golden goose has stopped laying me eggs ;-)
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...is-13-10865718

Thanks to akimba

Nikki (28th July 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by akimba View Post
    Yeah Tevez is at one of the teams not paying wages and with him on £615,000 a week I would be worried that me golden goose has stopped laying me eggs ;-)
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...is-13-10865718
    Yes true

Would hate to think he cannot pay his bills been as he not been paid ............... :-)

Social Networking Bookmarks