Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Geforce 8600 gt graphics card, failed repair

So I have a geforce 8600 gt (en8600gt) fanless graphics card that was giving me problems, it would cause artifacting in videos initially but then constantly freeze and lock up and sometimes go to blue screen. I uninstalled the nvidia drivers and the computer would start up in VGA mode and it worked but it was very sluggish. I noticed some capacitors looked bulged so I ordered some more and replaced the bulged capacitors but when I restarted the computer it would not turn on instead the red VGA LED would light up.

I tried again to turn it on and it only started up once but the screen was terrible there was so much artifacting and after that it would not turn on again instead the screen would be black. So I took the new capacitors off and put the old ones back on and I still got the red VGA light and the computer monitor would not turn on.
    I put the new capacitors back on but this time I replaced a few more old capacitors that looked fine so in total replaced eight capacitors but still I get a red VGA light and the monitor does not turn on.

I've added photos of the capacitors the old one is the brown one the black one is the new one what did I do wrong, initially at least the computer would start up in VGA mode but now it doesn't turn on at all.

I think I killed the graphics card competely so ordered a cheap one from eBay, but just curious as to what I did wrong here to make things worse as I got 6.3v 820uf capacitors, same as the old ones. I tried the card in a different computer and the screen would not turn on also.

https://i.imgur.com/vLlN71I_d.jpg?ma...&fidelity=high
    https://i.imgur.com/JWWaG5O_d.jpg?ma...&fidelity=high
    Last edited by Xad; 1st August 2017 at 06:45 PM.