I have a Lenovo miix 320 netbook from work. I’ve only had it a week but I’ve noticed its very slow to read from USB sticks. This morning it took over 3 minutes for the netbook to recognise it and then when I tried to copy a folder from the USB stick to the c drive it just hung for ages and then I had no option but to cancel the request. The same things happening to a guy in my office who has the same netbook.

I called our IT department for advice but they just asked me to drop it off for them to have a look at. I’m reluctant to do this because they’re not the quickest or the best at problem solving and they’ll have it for weeks where I need it fixed quickly.

I’m no expert in IT things but I thought it perhaps had something to do with the Symantec anti virus they installed on it. When I insert a usb stick I receive a notification from Symantec stating

‘symantec endpoint protection blocked explorer.exe from accessing autorun.inf. autorun has been blocked. Check the control log for more details’

I’m not sure if this plays a part in why the usb isn’t performing as well as it should be or if it’s perhaps the drivers or something I haven’t thought of.

Any advice appreciated.