Virgin Vivid 300

Thread: Virgin Vivid 300

Ganty said:

Info Virgin Vivid 300

So just upgraded my package with VM, been a customer for a number of years but was unhappy with paying for a TiVo that doesn't get used and a phoneline which barely gets any action. Gave them a call and they signed up to the 300 package plus knocked £15 off of my bill.

VERY happy with the results.

Some teething issues with having no internet access since they sent the new router on Friday (although this was a fault with the initial telephone conversation so the engineer said) but if it stays like this I'll be more than happy.

Will update this thread sparodically to let you know if it stays consistant.

CominAtcha said:

Default Re: Virgin Vivid 300

Just switched to Virgin myself, after being with BT for years. 'Only' on the 100mb though. Figured I'd start with that and see how it went.

Seems steady so far and I like the fact that I have no phone line or TV. I think the only niggle is the upload is a bit shat. I get [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], but 6 up is pretty shocking. Luckily I have a seed box, so I actually do very little uploading these days. So should be fine for the odd bit of Plex streaming I do for mates.

So far so good.

TJB said:

How is this even possible? I live in a semi-rural area and I'm lucky if I get 1.5mbps!

DejaVu said:

I'm thinking of switching and my TalkTalk contract is up soon. The reason I left VM was due to their unreasonable limits for downloading and generally using.

I have kids are they are constantly on YouTube and I've got a lot of usage per month, being a *cough* avid *cough* user.

I'm currently paying £29 to TalkTalk for 55 down and 17 up. Do VM fair any better price wise (regardless of speed).

Teajunkie said:

55mb down and 10mb up is the best we can get here.
    10 miles away they have virgin cable available at shocking speeds like that.

Your all Just rubbing salt in the wounds for most here sadly.
    Like TJB a lot of uk still has utter shite speeds.
    My decal venture has taken over my dog tag business
    nice to be busy though.
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunke.

Ganty said:

Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu View Post
    I'm thinking of switching and my TalkTalk contract is up soon. The reason I left VM was due to their unreasonable limits for downloading and generally using.

I have kids are they are constantly on YouTube and I've got a lot of usage per month, being a *cough* avid *cough* user.

I'm currently paying £29 to TalkTalk for 55 down and 17 up. Do VM fair any better price wise (regardless of speed).
    My renegotiated VM bill is £28.50.

Also when did you leave? I don't recall ever having a cap since I've been a customer.

dpSparhawk said:

200Mb here... not too shabby.

jaygo said:

I'm on the vivid 200 package

As far as I'm aware there is no download limit as I've hit over a couple of tb a month.
    I blame my kids with there iPads and Xbox games your honour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoponbaby said:

Have you retained the phone line and Tivo or gone broadband only for that price?

CominAtcha said:

My broadband only price is £32. How did you manage 28 quid for 200mb....?

They don't throttle download, but they do play about with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

So if you're planning on seeding any fat torrents heavily, I would maybe think twice.

Sanj[UK] said:

You got that for a steal. I pay triple that down for 1000/100 in toronto.

Ganty said:

Quote Originally Posted by CominAtcha View Post
    My broadband only price is £32. How did you manage 28 quid for 200mb....?

They don't throttle download, but they do play about with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

So if you're planning on seeding any fat torrents heavily, I would maybe think twice.
    It was a keep me sweet deal, just threaten to jumo ship.

CominAtcha said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    It was a keep me sweet deal, just threaten to jumo ship.
    Ah right.

No dice for me. I've literally only just signed up, so will have to wait till my contract's up I guess.

beerman said:

Quote Originally Posted by jaygo View Post
    I'm on the vivid 200 package

As far as I'm aware there is no download limit as I've hit over a couple of tb a month.
    I blame my kids with there iPads and Xbox games your honour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The image has your gps co ordinates in it.