Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Sms spy software.

Is there some soft I can put on my daughter's phone she's 11 and getting text from boys.
    I'd like it so she don't know I'm spying, but at the same time I want to keep an eye and make her safe.

Thanks
    Ted

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Lots of my repairs and pictures of retro stuff on my twitter.

https://twitter.com/Big_ted1?t=s9zEZ...Z-npEyeKA&s=09

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sms spy software.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.cerberus

got it installed on all my phones. Does exactly what you want and much more.

Thanks to ivrytwr3

BIG-TED (11th August 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-TED View Post
    Is there some soft I can put on my daughter's phone she's 11 and getting text from boys.
    I'd like it so she don't know I'm spying, but at the same time I want to keep an eye and make her safe.

Thanks
    Ted

I know you've got the best intentions in the world but my advice, and I have four girls (admittedly none as young as 11) would be not to do this covertly but sit down with your daughter and tell her what you plan to do in regards monitoring her device and the reasons why.

If you don't, your caught in a trap, if you ever mention or action a text your concerned about, she will know or figure it out and a learning curve is set in motion you may never recover from.

6 Thanks given to JonEp

BertRoot (11th August 2017),  BIG-TED (11th August 2017),  DavidF (26th September 2017),  I Black Belt (11th August 2017),  Rhinoz (12th August 2017),  Sanj[UK] (11th August 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

My advice would be to install it and monitor any text's she receives from boys. If there is any you don't like, bundle the lad into the boot of your car and dump them on Saddleworth Moor. My daughter is 12 and a girl in her class has already been pressured into sending nudes, which then found their way around the school.

Thanks to TJB

Thanks
    Karma Level

The advice above is spot on. "Spying" on her will make her resent and not trust you. Talk to her instead or she would find another way to do it (Snapchat, WhatsApp, PoF, FB Messenger).

One thing my missus did recently to prove a point to a friend was she setup a PoF account and left it. Within minutes she was bombarded with what looked like innocent friendship messages but we all know that's not what they are. Unfortunately the person she did this for used it anyway and ended up getting shagged by some random bloke who left once he unloaded in her... serves the bitch right imo - she's a slag and deserves every STI she gets lmao.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks to EvilBoB

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had a talk and she is ok with me monitoring her phone. Bet it changes as she gets older, she seems to understand the dangers an is quite tech savvy. I know you can only guide them and once you tell them not to do something they dig the heels in. So trying the softly softly approach.

Thanks
    Ted

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had a talk and she is ok with me monitoring her phone. Bet it changes as she gets older, she seems to understand the dangers an is quite tech savvy. I know you can only guide them and once you tell them not to do something they dig the heels in. So trying the softly softly approach.

Thanks
    Ted

You better hope it changes in her later years, rather her be honest about it then having a second phone you don't know about.

Thanks to Sanj[UK]

Thanks
    Karma Level

We've always been honest and never really sugar coated things, all the kids know bad things happen and the world isnt all fluffy and nice, but it's not all death and destruction either. They are pretty well balanced.

Thanks to BIG-TED

Sanj[UK] (11th August 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

She's 11, one stupid post/mistake can affect the rest of her life. I installed cerberus on ALL our phones and they all know it's on their phones. Don't agree to the rules, you don't get a phone. The software wasn't put on there to spy, but to try to get them to post sensibly and to keep them safe:

1. We own the phone. We know thesecurity password or unlock pattern. If you want to download an app, come talkto us. In-app purchases etc anything that involves spending real cash? Do NOTdo it, speak with us first.
    2. Always respond to texts/callsfrom us. If a friend calls, answer it. Be polite.
    4. Don't record audio or videopeople without their knowledge.
    5. We can read your texts andcheck your photos and videos.
    6. Know that sharing photos andvideos, as well as anything written, can be saved and shared without your knowledge.
    7. If the phone is lost, damagedor destroyed, you will have to go without or save up to repair or replace it.
    8. Don't give out any personallyidentifiable information, such as full name, date of birth, address, or phonenumber without our permission. Let us know if someone is asking for it.
    9. Do not use the technology todeceive or lie to others. It's not a prankster's tool. Do not text or use appsto be a bully. Assume that all parents are checking.
    And, of course, what we reallywant to say is remember to enjoy life, nature, people, books, music, as well astechnology. We will make sure you do.

This will change as they get older, but at 11? I think that needs supervision.

Thanks to ivrytwr3

Thanks
    Karma Level

The dirty little cnut wants her to "send nudes". She has brought it to our attention so looks like the chat/education worked on her.

Now i've got to decide what to do with the little scroat, Perhaps a trip to the local pig farm is in order.

should I tell his school/parents/police ? This could potentially ruin another girls life if they were to send pics, if he were to try it again in the near future.

Ted

Thanks
    Karma Level

How old is the lad? 16 and over - probably a trip to the police.

Also, not defending, but i know what i was like as a lad at that age and thankfully i'm not like that kid anymore - just thinking that a stupid comment like that has the potential to ruin someones life later down the line.

You could send a message saying anymore comments like that and you will be reporting it to the police/parents/school, or send a message asking to speak to his parents and inform them.

Or screenshot the messages and send them to his parents (Facebook stalking if you don't have their contact details) and ask them how they intend to deal with it.

Or just go and batter him

Lots of options, keep us posted on how it works out.

Thanks to ivrytwr3

BIG-TED (26th September 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh god ted !!

I think this all depends on his age fella.
    If he’s the same age then school and parents 100% but if he’s over 16 I would be straight down the police station.
    If anyhing think about what you do before you do it.

i know I have jumped the gun when it came to my girls and punched a little Cnut in the mouth for calling my 15yr old daughter a slag because she wouldn’t go out with him when he was 17!
    Luckily police were never involved or I might be doing time for assault.

Think yourself lucky she came to you and really praise the shit out of her for doing that.
    Seems like you have raised a good egg there matey.
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

Thanks to Teajunkie

Thanks
    Karma Level

If he is same age send him a picture of a naked Barbie doll. As above its great you know whats going on.....Glad I'm not that age with all this scary tech around.

Thanks to DavidF

Thanks
    Karma Level

The dirty little cnut wants her to "send nudes". She has brought it to our attention so looks like the chat/education worked on her.

Now i've got to decide what to do with the little scroat, Perhaps a trip to the local pig farm is in order.

should I tell his school/parents/police ? This could potentially ruin another girls life if they were to send pics, if he were to try it again in the near future.

Ted
    I would have instantly contacted the police

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

.....should I tell his school/parents/police ?...

Ted
    Personally i would do all of the above regardless
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

2 Thanks given to Mystical_2K

Bald Bouncer (26th September 2017),  BIG-TED (26th September 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep needs a fucking telling. Report it.

2 Thanks given to BertRoot

Bald Bouncer (26th September 2017),  BIG-TED (26th September 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_2K View Post
    Personally i would do all of the above regardless
    Totally agree, sending indecent pictures of anyone under the age of 16 is a crime, if it is requested it's a crime regardless of the age of the person requesting it, if the person/child requesting it is under the age of 12 they will not prosecute but they will without doubt take it very seriously and get parents and the school involved.

2 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

BIG-TED (26th September 2017),  Mystical_2K (26th September 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

What they did was wrong, but atm the law will punish, the school will punish, the school children will punish - so one post from a kid could tarnish their lives forever; one stupid, heat of the moment post could put them on some form of offenders list.

As i said above, i do not know the kids age, past history etc - is this just one post or one of many? Is he 11 or 22?

The Government is starting to recognize that adults are still punished for posts they made a lifetime ago hence the need to change laws:

http://news.sky.com/story/new-law-of...nline-10977646

Of course you have the right to be fuming, this could be sinister or it could be a stupid choice made by an immature child.

Only you have the full information and can decide what is best.

Thanks to ivrytwr3

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ivrytwr3 View Post
    What they did was wrong, but atm the law will punish, the school will punish, the school children will punish - so one post from a kid could tarnish their lives forever; one stupid, heat of the moment post could put them on some form of offenders list.

As i said above, i do not know the kids age, past history etc - is this just one post or one of many? Is he 11 or 22?

The Government is starting to recognize that adults are still punished for posts they made a lifetime ago hence the need to change laws:

http://news.sky.com/story/new-law-of...nline-10977646

Of course you have the right to be fuming, this could be sinister or it could be a stupid choice made by an immature child.

Only you have the full information and can decide what is best.
    He is the same age 11. They went to separate secondary schools when they moved up this term. Have been in touch with his school deputy head and she seemed very keen and upset about the situation.
    She said it's year 9 behaviour not year 7, have sent a screen shot to them of the text.
    To prevent any backlash from abusive texts from him to my daughter I'm swapping out her sim to a new number. Hopefully he will see the error of his ways and also see he has had a chance and not ended up on any register or had his head beaten to a pulp.

Perhaps a bit nieve but time will tell.
    I hope it will stop any future episodes from him harassing other girls then sharing the pics on social media, causing them issues in later life.

Here's hoping.

Ted

Thanks to BIG-TED

ivrytwr3 (26th September 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Only reason i know a bit about this is my daughter (also 11) went through something similar.

I was overseas at the time and cancelled the old number and got a new number for her. I asked the wifey to swap sims when it arrived and suddenly i am getting messages on whattsap with daughter's new number - wife had selected 'migrate' on contacts and messages - don't select migrate -

Thanks to ivrytwr3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast