Home Security

Thread: Home Security

dainese said:

Advice Home Security

Hi all,
    I'm having some building work done to our house which will mean rendering work to the external walls. I have a wireless alarm system which was a present from my parents. These days CCTV seems to be a bigger deterant than an alarm which nobody flickers an eye to.

Not being aware of what is affordably available of the camera front, I thought if I say what I have in mind someone may have advice! I like the idea of a camera that could be combined/powered from a security light to avoid more electrical work. A sd card recording that can be accessed if there was something that needed reviewing. I like the idea of having an app on my android where I can access it live if a warning is given. I would possibly have 2 cameras set-up in the same way to cover the back of the property and also the front.

Is there someone with something similar?

evilsatan said:

Default Re: Home Security

You will either need to run a network cable or get a wireless model for remote access. If you run a network cable and get a PoE model with injector you don't need to run a power cable too, I'm not sure if the existing wiring would be ok for a wireless model or not.

Hikvision seem to be the brand of choice at the moment but I'm not sure if they do SD card models and they aren't cheap either. Fosscam used to be popular and they do wireless/SD card models. I'm sure some people will be along here shortly with some specific models to recommend.

grrrd said:

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    You will either need to run a network cable or get a wireless model for remote access. If you run a network cable and get a PoE model with injector you don't need to run a power cable too, I'm not sure if the existing wiring would be ok for a wireless model or not.

Hikvision seem to be the brand of choice at the moment but I'm not sure if they do SD card models and they aren't cheap either. Fosscam used to be popular and they do wireless/SD card models. I'm sure some people will be along here shortly with some specific models to recommend.
    HikVision do edge storage on the majority of the digital cameras, not sure about there turbo/Analogue versions.

MHP said:

+1 for POE, it makes installing a whole lot easier.