Speed Alert Gizmo.

Thread: Speed Alert Gizmo.

  1. shezza's Avatar

    shezza said:

    Default Speed Alert Gizmo.

    Hi all Years ago I had one of the first satnavs on the market and in the bottom corner it had the speed for the road I was on and the speed I was doing,
    if I went over the speed for that road there would be an audible alarm and flash.


    I have a car now with built in satnav so my question is, is there anything I can buy that just has the speed warning system as per this old sat nav?
     
  2. Mickey's Avatar

    Mickey said:

    Default Re: Speed Alert Gizmo.

    Best advice is read the highway code. It has pretty diagrams of the type of roads and the correct speed.

    Great first post
    Why not read the welcome message you received and also the df rules

    There's no speed limit here
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  3. shezza's Avatar

    shezza said:

    Default Re: Speed Alert Gizmo.

    [QUOTE=Mickey;3860948]Best advice is read the highway code. It has pretty diagrams of the type of roads and the correct speed.
     
  4. ss30's Avatar

    ss30 said:

    Default Re: Speed Alert Gizmo.

    Quote Originally Posted by shezza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Best advice is read the highway code. It has pretty diagrams of the type of roads and the correct speed.

    Your the right way to get booted
     
  5. shezza's Avatar

    shezza said:

    Default Re: Speed Alert Gizmo.

    So you are one of the clever dicks who have NEVER EVER been on a stretch of road with road works and wondered if the speed limit has changed again.
    Regarding the highway code I read it back in 1969 and since then racked up 35 years ROSPA safe drivers awards and also have passed Advanced driving test. But you stick to your mindless trolling You Daft Twat.
     
  6. DJ Overdose's Avatar

    DJ Overdose said:

    Default Re: Speed Alert Gizmo.

    Well maybe don't join a tech forum, not read the rules or your registration email properly, then go and ask a daft question without so much as a hello how you doing...


    DJ OD
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  7. ss30's Avatar

    ss30 said:

    Default Re: Speed Alert Gizmo.

    Quote Originally Posted by shezza View Post
    So you are one of the clever dicks who have NEVER EVER been on a stretch of road with road works and wondered if the speed limit has changed again.
    Regarding the highway code I read it back in 1969 and since then racked up 35 years ROSPA safe drivers awards and also have passed Advanced driving test. But you stick to your mindless trolling You Daft Twat.
    If there are road works and they have temporarily changed the speed limit your satnav wont show the temporary speed limit just like on a variable speed limit road!
     
  8. Mickey's Avatar

    Mickey said:

    Default Re: Speed Alert Gizmo.

    I work for Highways

    If there is road works and traffic calming is in place there will be suitable signage to reflect this

    Your going to fit in here right well
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  9. Mickey's Avatar

    Mickey said:

    Default Re: Speed Alert Gizmo.

    [QUOTE=Mickey;3860948]Best advice is read the highway code. It has pretty diagrams of the type of roads and the correct speed.

    cant even format his own replies, what a noob
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  10. Mickey's Avatar

    Mickey said:

    Default Re: Speed Alert Gizmo.

    Quote Originally Posted by ss30 View Post
    Your the right way to get booted
    Nah we will keep him for a while. Perhaps he will reply then again perhaps not, such a great loss if he don't stick around

    35 years ROSPA safe drivers awards now that pretty dam epic
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  11. ss30's Avatar

    ss30 said:

    Default Re: Speed Alert Gizmo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Nah we will keep him for a while. Perhaps he will reply then again perhaps not, such a great loss if he don't stick around

    35 years ROSPA safe drivers awards now that pretty dam epic
    You would think that with a record like that he would know to look at the temp road signs for the new speed limit!
     
  12. Fear345's Avatar

    Fear345 said:

    Default Re: Speed Alert Gizmo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    I work for Highways

    If there is road works and traffic calming is in place there will be suitable signage to reflect this

    Your going to fit in here right well
    Someone employed you?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  13. ss30's Avatar

    ss30 said:

    Default Re: Speed Alert Gizmo.

    Quote Originally Posted by shezza View Post
    So you are one of the clever dicks who have NEVER EVER been on a stretch of road with road works and wondered if the speed limit has changed again.
    Regarding the highway code I read it back in 1969 and since then racked up 35 years ROSPA safe drivers awards and also have passed Advanced driving test. But you stick to your mindless trolling You Daft Twat.
    Also ppl I'm a troll and a daft twat, does he not think that if I was a troll I would have been banned. I might be a daft twat though