Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Something Czar said

Old Lord Sugar raised this problem in the House of Lord recently though without googling i have no idea what phubbed actually means. The relevant snip-it from his observation is below but the whole el-reg article is worth a gander.

"He also used the opportunity to highlight his displeasure at being phubbed by his grandkids.

" have seven grandchildren and on the very odd occasion that I am blessed with their coming to my home to have dinner, they sit around the table with their faces buried in their smartphones, to such an extent that I have banned the devices from the dining room. I deduce from this that something cannot be right."

source: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...te_on_digital/

Thanks to JonEp

akimba (12th September 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by JonEp View Post
    Old Lord Sugar raised this problem in the House of Lord recently though without googling i have no idea what phubbed actually means. The relevant snip-it from his observation is below but the whole el-reg article is worth a gander.

"He also used the opportunity to highlight his displeasure at being phubbed by his grandkids.

" have seven grandchildren and on the very odd occasion that I am blessed with their coming to my home to have dinner, they sit around the table with their faces buried in their smartphones, to such an extent that I have banned the devices from the dining room. I deduce from this that something cannot be right."

My guess, without looking it up, is PHone snUBBED. A portmanteau if you will....

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Cheers - Coin-Op

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by JonEp View Post

Phubbed is to ignore someone in favour of your phone.

My daughters were doing this constantly when they popped in to see us, so I said no phones in our living room...I don't think they have been back since so have now purchased a phone for the mother in law

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by mij View Post
    Phubbed is to ignore someone in favour of your phone.

My daughters were doing this constantly when they popped in to see us, so I said no phones in our living room...I don't think they have been back since so have now purchased a phone for the mother in law
    Baddddummmm ching ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12