iPhone X

Thread: iPhone X

{{909}} said:

Default Re: iPhone X

Quote Originally Posted by hoponbaby View Post
    Tbh is it just Apple? What innovation do you get, or can you really expect, from any of the phone companies? It's a phone FFS, what do you want it to do?

been saying the same for years. We were spoilt in the early days with such rapid and exciting developments, GPS, the shift to bigger screens and a general shift for disposable information from the desktop to the pocket, but now, what's really left to buy a new phone for? I upgraded my 3 old LG G2 simply because it couldn't receive 4G here, other than that is was perfect for my day to day needs.

Most developers are just pushing us into new handsets by making OS's that intentionally run like shit on perfectly capable hardware, or just stopping software entirely which would work perfectly fine on virtually any spec.

You dont need a fucking 8 core cpu and 128gig of storage to check facebook and take a picture of your lunch.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

akimba said:

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post

You dont need a fucking 8 core cpu and 128gig of storage to check facebook and take a picture of your lunch.
    It was one photo of an avocado and still wont let it lie ;-)

hoponbaby said:

Be far happier if the phone companies and networks concentrated on getting the service where you could actually make a phone call without it cutting out or sounding like shit, they seem to have become so obsessed with more and faster data at the expense of the most basic function.

ss30 said:

Quote Originally Posted by hoponbaby View Post
    Be far happier if the phone companies and networks concentrated on getting the service where you could actually make a phone call without it cutting out or sounding like shit, they seem to have become so obsessed with more and faster data at the expense of the most basic function.
    I think that the mobile phone network should be run like the gas and electricity and phone land lines, we buy from who ever is best for us but all use the same network so everyone get the same signal strength.

piggzy said:

Quote Originally Posted by ss30 View Post
    I think that the mobile phone network should be run like the gas and electricity and phone land lines, we buy from who ever is best for us but all use the same network so everyone get the same signal strength.
    Nah. Look at what the government forced BT to do. Local loop unbundling. They forced BT to wholesale via now BTOpenreach. So talk talk, PlusNet, BT, Sky, Post Office, Tesco etc all using exact same lines. Same service. Fuck no.

mark.tyrrell said:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

saw this today

Over Carl said:

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    Apple used to be the benchmark for innovation now they are just playing catchup.
    I remember Apple leading the way with cut and paste

piggzy said:

Quote Originally Posted by Over Carl View Post
    I remember Apple leading the way with cut and paste
    buhahahahahahah I forgot all about that little nugget.