Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default anyone ever got a parking ticket off CPM ( uk car park management )

anyone ever got a parking ticket off cpm ( uk car park management )

furious as was parked in a car park just for 1 hour and come out and theres a ticket on my windscreen.

it says " a parking charge of £100 is due within 28 days of the date of issue. the reduced amount of £60.00 will be acceptedif payment within 14 days. failure to provide payment the full amount in 28 days will result in charge increasing. photographic evidence can be viewed prior to internet payment by visiting paymyticket.co.uk.

at the back of ticket says if i dont pay will result in enforcement which could include count court proceedings

i was told this is not counsil so just ignore them as they cant do anything and cant get my details off dvla if i dont pay.not sure how true that is.. i dont know what to do.

but just wanted to ask on here if anyone else had any experience with these people.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: anyone ever got a parking ticket off CPM ( uk car park management )

Look up pepipoo they will have up to date advice on cpm and action you may wish to follow

Thanks
    Karma Level

What was the reason for the ticket?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MHP View Post
    What was the reason for the ticket?
    i dont know why i got a ticket to be honest does not say on ticket as there were about 20 other cars parked there and i was the only one with a ticket.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sure it isnt a wind up ticket ??

Have seen templates online you can print off for a windup and have heard of kids doing it all over the place. Sounds unlikely but who knows.

Thanks
    Karma Level

UK Car Park Management are a legit firm and BPA registered, so I don't think it will be a wind up. What car park were you in, what were you doing there and exactly how long did you stay?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MHP View Post
    UK Car Park Management are a legit firm and BPA registered, so I don't think it will be a wind up. What car park were you in, what were you doing there and exactly how long did you stay?
    it says on ticket i had no valid permit. i was in a small car park by my local swimming baths. ive been parking there for years this is first time i got a ticket. i was only parked there for a hour.

looks like i will have to just pay the £60 as some people say dont pay it but others say they can get my details off dvla and enforce. so i dont think its worth all the hassle.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Sure it isnt a wind up ticket ??

Have seen templates online you can print off for a windup and have heard of kids doing it all over the place. Sounds unlikely but who knows.
    def not a wind up piggzy as they have pictures of my car online. i checked.

Thanks to jjcool

piggzy (22nd October 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

They are BPA registered, so they can get your details via the DVLA. Don't be hasty in paying though, these private parking companies don't always follow the rules and regulations and rely on people not wanting the hassle. Go back to the car park and check the signage, the payment machine(if there is one) and ask the swimming pool management whats the deal with the car park. Take pictures.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Does the photo show you clearly as the driver? If not then they can't proof you were the driver so ignore all letters, it's 1,000's to 1 chance they'll take you to court as that'll cost them and not you, I've had them and just ignored and nothing came of it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

had a couple of these, wasn't even parked, just waiting for 20 mins. They got details from DVLA and sent request for payment. I ignored it and they went away. Had a few stroppy letters, but nothing came of it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

legalbeagles.info are an excellent alternative to pepipoo. Got me off a private parking ticket last year.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...526#post636526

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Massive difference between and Parking Charge Notice and a Penalty Charge Notice.

Penalty Charge Notice is issued by the council
    Parking Charge Notice is issued by private company who assume you are now under legal obligation to pay them for you parking on 'their land'.

Challenge it ALL the way. The company will not want the hassle of taking you to court over £60.

Read here -
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/re...arking-tickets

The companies that Contract CPM are even complaining about them all over the place -
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=...6255b364f340,1,,

EDIT
    Another great thread for the "Invoice" from CPM Parking you have recieved.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=5594159

General consensus after reading a few cases is challenge it and refuse to pay it and await the summons to small claims court, that will never materialise. They use scaremongery to force you to pay the invoice they issued to you without your knowledge. If you refuse to pay it, they move onto the next punter that might. Simple as that.

Doesn't cost them anything to write a well worded threatening letter.
    If you haven't got the bottle to wait it out, simply pay the £60.
    Last edited by DejaVu; 26th October 2017 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks to DejaVu

Northernbloke (27th October 2017)