WRATH OF BOD (23rd October 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 8

just seen it, great episode.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmmmmmmmm do I watch now and continue week by week or wait 6 weeks and binge watch ??????

Fuck it .. downloading

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

watched this last night, not bad at all, nice to see Rick back to his old self.
    Loved the ending too
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

trying not to spoil it too much for those who have not see it yet but....

I really did not expect things to get moving so fast, I thought there would be endless episodes of recon/intel/plotting/planning etc but no lets just get straight to the action

Thanks
    Karma Level

Every first episode of every season starts off with a bang and then goes downhill like a tyre with a slow puncture

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well from the preview of next weeks episode l don't think it's gonna slow down anytime soon lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Dunno if anyone else got the feeling as though they had missed an episode while watching it. Like above I didn't expect it to turn around so quickly etc

Cracking start though

Thanks
    Karma Level

Jesus, is this still going? If you want to save yourself a few hours, here’s my condensed overview of season 8 (as well as every previous season).

Zombies. Lots of zombies. Humans sometimes killing zombies. Zombies sometimes killing humans. Humans sometimes killing humans. Humans finding other humans, who may or may not be friendly. Humans losing their humanity, then finding it again, just in time. The end.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    Jesus, is this still going? If you want to save yourself a few hours, here’s my condensed overview of season 8 (as well as every previous season).

Zombies. Lots of zombies. Humans sometimes killing zombies. Zombies sometimes killing humans. Humans sometimes killing humans. Humans finding other humans, who may or may not be friendly. Humans losing their humanity, then finding it again, just in time. The end.
    Yup, same as every other Zombie based Film and Series.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks a bunch for ruining the ending
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks to Mystical_2K

CzarJunkie (25th October 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Yup, same as every other Zombie based Film and Series.
    True, but if you can condense it into 90 or so minutes, like World War Z or Dawn of the Dead, then that's what they should do. I think it's a sad indictment on the quality of current TV when The Walking Dead is in season 8. When are we going to get the next The Wire or The Sopranos? I'm starting to realise that the rise of new content producers like Netflix and Amazon, it's all about churn. Make an OK TV series, and keep churning them out. Some recent notable examples are Narcos, House of Cards, Stranger Things, Ozark etc. All very watchable, but nothing special. And don't get me started on those fucking Marvel shows.

We're being lulled into accepting a lower quality by the sheer volume of shit being put out. You can't go a few days without hearing about a new 'hit' show that's about to take the world by storm and invariably they're a fucking let down.

I don't expect many here to agree with me, as looking as recent TV threads, quite frankly, many of you are easily pleased and have absolutely no standards whatsoever.

Thanks to CzarJunkie

akimba (26th October 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

True, but if you can condense it into 90 or so minutes, like World War Z or Dawn of the Dead, then that's what they should do. I think it's a sad indictment on the quality of current TV when The Walking Dead is in season 8. When are we going to get the next The Wire or The Sopranos? I'm starting to realise that the rise of new content producers like Netflix and Amazon, it's all about churn. Make an OK TV series, and keep churning them out. Some recent notable examples are Narcos, House of Cards, Stranger Things, Ozark etc. All very watchable, but nothing special. And don't get me started on those fucking Marvel shows.

We're being lulled into accepting a lower quality by the sheer volume of shit being put out. You can't go a few days without hearing about a new 'hit' show that's about to take the world by storm and invariably they're a fucking let down.

I don't expect many here to agree with me, as looking as recent TV threads, quite frankly, many of you are easily pleased and have absolutely no standards whatsoever.
    IMHO It's been about churn over quality for over 10 years now and it seems to be getting worse. Some of the better TV and Cinema these days seems to come from overseas, luckily for me I dont mind subtitles but I know the masses wont watch a subbed film.

Anyway back on topic. Yes The Walking dead has been very poor at times, it has also been great but I dont know if it is the stubborn side of me but I almost never quit a series unless it is really fucking awful, heck I even stuck with Dusk till Dawn the series and Bates Motel.
    The main thing for me is the need to see what happens to Negan and not having read the comics I keep getting told to hang on for the Whisperers (I think.. might have got that wrong)..

Anyhoo each to their own.

Finally that is why I often wait and power/binge watch these series.... easy to flick through the shit if need be.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Anyway back on topic. Yes The Walking dead has been very poor at times, it has also been great but I dont know if it is the stubborn side of me but I almost never quit a series unless it is really fucking awful, heck I even stuck with Dusk till Dawn the series and Bates Motel.
    The main thing for me is the need to see what happens to Negan and not having read the comics I keep getting told to hang on for the Whisperers (I think.. might have got that wrong)..
    I think the producers rely on the fact they have a psychological hook, especially when the viewer has invested so much time into a TV series. It's similar when an old favorite returns after a number of years away. I fucking loved Arrested Development and when they announced a fourth season I nearly shot my load. You can only imagine my disappointment, I was almost suicidal after watching the first couple of episodes. And I've never managed to watch them all.

As for Dusk til Dawn and Bates Motel, jesus. Your standards are lower than those I was referring to when I said 'absolutely no standards whatsoever'. How do you get through those?

2 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

akimba (26th October 2017),  piggzy (25th October 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

As for Dusk til Dawn and Bates Motel, jesus. Your standards are lower than those I was referring to when I said 'absolutely no standards whatsoever'. How do you get through those?
    It was a fucking chore. When I say I stuck with it, I watched first season of each and then abandoned it and I still felt disloyal The issue with From Dusk Till Dawn was the film is one of my faves from the younger days and I was in denial how shit the series was.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think you have to give the walking dead a bit of slack since its based on a comic, a lot of things work in a comic that dont work in a tv show quite as well.
    The Walking Dead definitely has its ups and downs, you get very action based episodes and then a few where they are moping around or planning shit.

I have not watched the Dusk Til Dawn tv show but its something I will give a go, loved the original film and even the sequels are classic b-movie shite.

Z-Nation is another great zombie show but is totally batshit insane and thats not based on a comic but is great to watch

Thanks to Mystical_2K

piggzy (25th October 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_2K View Post
    I think you have to give the walking dead a bit of slack since its based on a comic, a lot of things work in a comic that dont work in a tv show quite as well.
    The Walking Dead definitely has its ups and downs, you get very action based episodes and then a few where they are moping around or planning shit.

I have not watched the Dusk Til Dawn tv show but its something I will give a go, loved the original film and even the sequels are classic b-movie shite.

Z-Nation is another great zombie show but is totally batshit insane and thats not based on a comic but is great to watch
    If you loved the movie Dusk Til Dawn, as I did, watching the TV series will only leave a huge dirty stain on your cherished memories.

Thanks to CzarJunkie

akimba (26th October 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you loved the movie Dusk Til Dawn, as I did, watching the TV series will only leave a huge dirty stain on your cherished memories.
    He's kind of right Mystical. From memory I kind of loved the first maybe 2 episodes (maybe for nostalgia reasons) . Then if I remember correctly one of the brothers cracked a bank safe with spoon and a rubberband (ok I exagerate) and then it kind of went downhill from there.

It is however good to watch whilst trying to eat a kebab whilst pissed as a fart ....

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Probably the best review its had

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

He's kind of right Mystical. From memory I kind of loved the first maybe 2 episodes (maybe for nostalgia reasons) . Then if I remember correctly one of the brothers cracked a bank safe with spoon and a rubberband (ok I exagerate) and then it kind of went downhill from there.

It is however good to watch whilst trying to eat a kebab whilst pissed as a fart ....
    I dunno i am a sucker for shite, recently loads of people were slating the Mist tv show, they didnt get near the end, however personally i enjoyed it, it was shit dont get me wrong but i was entertained by the b-movie feel

Thanks to Mystical_2K

piggzy (25th October 2017)  

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast