Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC News Kevin Spacey: Netflix halts House of Cards production

The Netflix series House of Cards has announced it will suspend production following sexual assault allegations against actor Kevin Spacey.
    Spacey, who stars in the political drama, has been accused of making sexual advances to a 14-year-old boy.
    The show had already said it would end after this season, but now say they will permanently "suspend production".
    The Old Vic theatre in London where Spacey worked for 11 years say they are "deeply dismayed" by the allegations.
    The 200-year-old theatre has set up a confidential complaints process for anyone connected to the Old Vic to come forward.
    The Old Vic said in a statement: "We aim to foster a safe and supportive environment without prejudice, harassment or bullying of any sort, at any level."
    Special Emmy award for Spacey withdrawn
    The decision to end House of Cards was announced in a joint statement by Netflix and Media Rights Capital (MRC), a production company that makes the series.
    "MRC and Netflix have decided to suspend production on House of Cards season six, until further notice, to give us time to review the current situation and to address any concerns of our cast and crew."
    The announcement comes after Star Trek: Discovery actor Anthony Rapp on Sunday accused Spacey of inappropriately touching him when he was 14 years old.
    Spacey, who is also executive director of House of Cards, said he owed Rapp, now 46, a "sincere apology" for what he said would have been "deeply inappropriate drunken behaviour".
    Spacey also announced that he was now living "as a gay man", but the Oscar-winning actor has been widely criticised for choosing this moment to come out.
    Why are people angry about Kevin Spacey coming out?
    On Monday, producers said the show would end after its sixth season, which they recently began filming at a studio near Baltimore.
    House of Cards, which is based on a BBC programme, first debuted in 2013.
    The first season garnered nine Emmy nominations, becoming the first online streaming series to win such mainstream accolades.
    Let's block ads! (Why?)

BBC News

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Kevin Spacey: Netflix halts House of Cards production

I'm quite surprised how Spacey has handled this. If I did it I don't remember but I was probably drunk and I'm sorry, oh and by the way, I'm gay - is the tone of what he said.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Wouldn't be surprised if they were happy to use this as an excuse to axe rather than "we can't keep it more entertaining than current politics". But yes it's an incredibly transparent attempt at spin and a lot of media outlets have led with him being gay e.g. Spacey comes out as gay and apologises to (victims name)

Thanks
    Karma Level

He really didnt think it through did he.
    One accusation as far as I am aware and he made it 10 times worse.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah im really surprised I have always been a fan of him but cant believe how he has handled this at all, he should have addressed the issue better than just "i dont remember" and then to use that as an opportunity to announce that you are gay (which really doesnt help with what he is accused of) as some kind of spin/deflection is really fucking stupid
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    He really didnt think it through did he.
    One accusation as far as I am aware and he made it 10 times worse.
    I'm not sure he had much choice, if you're accused of sexually harassing a 14 year old boy when most people think you're straight, then you kinda of have to address both points.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    I'm not sure he had much choice, if you're accused of sexually harassing a 14 year old boy when most people think you're straight, then you kinda of have to address both points.
    I know what you are saying but I'm not sure that "Don't remember but if I did, Oooops, Soz" is the best response though.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    I know what you are saying but I'm not sure that "Don't remember but if I did, Oooops, Soz" is the best response though.
    plus don't these celebs pay to have someone write all the PR stuff for them?
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks to Mystical_2K

piggzy (1st November 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just found this on reddit:

http://indianexpress.com/article/ent...sment-4917392/

Buhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, journalism isn't what it used to be. Buuuuuuuuuuhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

2 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

Mystical_2K (2nd November 2017),  purpleanimal23 (2nd November 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    Just found this on reddit:

http://indianexpress.com/article/ent...sment-4917392/

Buhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, journalism isn't what it used to be. Buuuuuuuuuuhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
    They've changed the picture now. They had an image of Al Pacino from Scarface, as they thought that was the Tony Montana he had groped. I think he just wanted to say hello to his little friend.................................*cough*.

3 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

evilsatan (2nd November 2017),  piggzy (2nd November 2017),  Sanj[UK] (2nd November 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    They've changed the picture now. They had an image of Al Pacino from Scarface, as they thought that was the Tony Montana he had groped. I think he just wanted to say hello to his little friend.................................*cough*.
    Ha ha, I found a cached version.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=uk

3 Thanks given to purpleanimal23

CzarJunkie (2nd November 2017),  evilsatan (2nd November 2017),  piggzy (2nd November 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Disappear into oblivion with his millions.... !